• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Who should be able to post about slow U.S. response to Coronavirus?

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Action?

Yikes.
US intelligence officials briefed Trump in early January, warning that a contagion was coming the likes of which we have never seen before. The president did nothing. Senators from both parties were briefed in early February. They urged Trump to ask for emergency funding to counteract COVID-19’s spread. The president did nothing.

Last edited:

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
[QUOTE
US intelligence officials briefed Trump in early January, warning that a contagion was coming the likes of which we have never seen before. The president did nothing. Senators from both parties were briefed in early February. They urged Trump to ask for emergency funding to counteract COVID-19’s spread. The president did nothing.

and a vaccine was being worked on

1585754540703.pngJan 26th

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
So basically - No leftists can complain. Which is fair. Since their ONE real complaint was when Trump closed down the flights from China and Biden went crazy saying it was Xenophobic.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
No, I don't award points for actions that doesn't yield results. So, the CDC may have been in action on Jan 6, but their actions accomplished nothing. They were effectively spinning their wheels and standing in place.
COVID-19 scientist are learning as they go since they had never dealt with it...….you're spinning your wheels and going nowhere.....

voyager

4Q2247365
January 31st the China travel ban to help stop "seeds" from the coronavirus was put in place and called "racist". So obviously politicians and the media were not onboard with stopping it and still playing politics.

On February 18th the nationally televised Democratic debate had zero questions about the coronavirus or travel ban. So obviously the media and politicians were still not onboard with the threat.

We were all taken by surprise. Including most if not all of our Politicaljack posters.

Now if you posted that we should be doing more about coronavirus and you posted before January 31st then please post your link to what you said and you are free to criticize the U.S. response. Otherwise you are just pushing fake news and you should start your Coronavirus response posts with "I did not see the Coronavirus threat coming but ...."

If you would have given me the US intelligence agency I would not blow them off as did anti science Impeached president trump.

Spamature

President
January 31st the China travel ban to help stop "seeds" from the coronavirus was put in place and called "racist". So obviously politicians and the media were not onboard with stopping it and still playing politics.

On February 18th the nationally televised Democratic debate had zero questions about the coronavirus or travel ban. So obviously the media and politicians were still not onboard with the threat.

We were all taken by surprise. Including most if not all of our Politicaljack posters.

Now if you posted that we should be doing more about coronavirus and you posted before January 31st then please post your link to what you said and you are free to criticize the U.S. response. Otherwise you are just pushing fake news and you should start your Coronavirus response posts with "I did not see the Coronavirus threat coming but ...."
What about those of us who don't have the most sophisticated intelligence service in the world whose only purpose is to provide us with that kind of information ?

Do we get a pass for not listening to their warnings, or is that pass only reserved for the current POTUS ?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
What about those of us who don't have the most sophisticated intelligence service in the world whose only purpose is to provide us with that kind of information ?

Do we get a pass for not listening to their warnings, or is that pass only reserved for the current POTUS ?
You're typing on one

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member

I will give Spamature a pass on this if he can post a credible link that we have the "most sophisticated intelligence service in the world".

Spamature

President
I will give Spamature a pass on this if he can post a credible link that we have the "most sophisticated intelligence service in the world".
Here is two:

Also do I get credit for this post 2 1/2 year ago ?

The problem is the Federal response is undermanned from an organizing perspective. More that half the senior positions still haven't been fill by the Trump admin. This is a problem across the govt. Should their be a major epidemic you would see and even worse response than you have with PR with a single hurricane. The CDC had to reach down 12 places below to find the most senior person to replace the outgoing head because the Trumpies are just sitting there letting it deteriorate to that point.

So yeah I could see them saying under Trump that you better be ready to do it yourselves because we are no long capable of responding as we have under other administrations.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Here is two:

Also do I get credit for this post 2 1/2 year ago ?
Unfortunately Quora is not a credible source in my opinion.

Spamature

President
Unfortunately Quora is not a credible source in my opinion.
But it is a source none the less.

Anyway I posted this as a worry of mine when I saw his disaster in PR where he let disease kill has high as 8 thousand people because he did not respond to their needs in a timely fashion.

How many lives do you think he saved tossing paper towel to those Americans.

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
I’ve been posting about this for many weeks. I still am as the Trump/federal blundering continues to this very day. If the date of peoples’ first post in this category interests you for some reason, look them up.

But holding ordinary Americans to the same intel available only to Trump early on is obviously unjustified. Trump got briefings. We did not.

We do know that the first case in the US was diagnosed on 1/20/20 - the same day the first case was diagnosed in South Korea. We know how their government jumped all over that and pretty much snuffed it out. We also know how Trump reacted...

Pretty much the polar opposite of the views of PJ libs.

We also know how Trump’s ignorance led to our current catastrophe...

Those are the facts. Pointing to posts of Trump critics just doesn’t change the facts.
You just never stop with these flights of insanity, are you really an American or just a foreign agitator, if so what country?/?

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
why not?

just type a search phrase in the field above right, add you screen name.. and there you have it....

i can help.. would you like me to search for a specific term under your SN that you posited re this topic pre jan 31...?
Broom-Hilda has spoken...better hop to it. ;)