• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Who should be the 2020 Democratic candidate

Pick one or suggest another

• Joe Biden

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Hillary Clinton

• Oprah Winfrey

• Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amy Klobuchar

• Cory Booker

• Kamala Harris

• Bill di Blasio

• John Edwards

• Total voters

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
I choose Kamala Harris. I heard someone say she is a corporate Democrat. Oh well. There are only three on that list (Biden, Sanders, Clinton) I know anything about politically. I don't know much about Kamala Harris, to be honest.
But, I don't think any of the above mentioned three are going to run in 2020. We'll see what happens.
Bernie Sanders announced today, February 19, 2019, that he is running! I am so happy to hear this. I hope he wins the primary. :)

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
I predict Joe Biden will announce whether he is running or not on April 2nd-5th.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
Kamala Harris's announcement today, December 3, 2019: She is cancelling her Presidential campaign. She gave it her best shot. Maybe she can get a Cabinet position if a Democrat wins the 2020 election. I wish her well.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Kamala Harris's announcement today, December 3, 2019: She is cancelling her Presidential campaign. She gave it her best shot. Maybe she can get a Cabinet position if a Democrat wins the 2020 election. I wish her well.
Most of the positions she has had to date have been on her back.
I wish her well too but I am glad she's out of the race.

EatTheRich

President
Of the 15 remaining candidates

Best policies in my opinion
1. Bernie Sanders
2. Elizabeth Warren
3. Julian Castro
4. Cory Booker
5. Marianne Williamson
6. Tulsi Gabbard
7. Michael Bennet
8. Joe Biden
9. Andrew Yang
10. Deval Patrick
11. Pete Buttigieg
12. Michael Bloomberg
13. Amy Klobuchar
14. John Delaney
15. Tom Steyer

Best chance of winning the nomination in my opinion
1. Joe Biden
2. Pete Buttigieg
3. Elizabeth Warren
4. Bernie Sanders
5. Michael Bloomberg
6. Andrew Yang
7. Cory Booker
8. Tulsi Gabbard
9. Deval Patrick
10. Amy Klobuchar
11. Marianne Williamson
12. Julian Castro
13. Tom Steyer
14. John Delaney
15. Michael Bennet

Best chances of beating Trump in my opinion
1. Andrew Yang
2. Cory Booker
3. Elizabeth Warren
4. Tulsi Gabbard
5. Michael Bloomberg
6. Julian Castro
7. Joe Biden
8. Bernie Sanders
9. Deval Patrick
10. Michael Bennet
11. Amy Klobuchar
12. John Delaney
13. Pete Buttigieg
14. Tom Steyer
15. Marianne Williamson

Of the 15 remaining candidates

Best policies in my opinion
1. Bernie Sanders
2. Elizabeth Warren
3. Julian Castro
4. Cory Booker
5. Marianne Williamson
6. Tulsi Gabbard
7. Michael Bennet
8. Joe Biden
9. Andrew Yang
10. Deval Patrick
11. Pete Buttigieg
12. Michael Bloomberg
13. Amy Klobuchar
14. John Delaney
15. Tom Steyer

Best chance of winning the nomination in my opinion
1. Joe Biden
2. Pete Buttigieg
3. Elizabeth Warren
4. Bernie Sanders
5. Michael Bloomberg
6. Andrew Yang
7. Cory Booker
8. Tulsi Gabbard
9. Deval Patrick
10. Amy Klobuchar
11. Marianne Williamson
12. Julian Castro
13. Tom Steyer
14. John Delaney
15. Michael Bennet

Best chances of beating Trump in my opinion
1. Andrew Yang
2. Cory Booker
3. Elizabeth Warren
4. Tulsi Gabbard
5. Michael Bloomberg
6. Julian Castro
7. Joe Biden
8. Bernie Sanders
9. Deval Patrick
10. Michael Bennet
11. Amy Klobuchar
12. John Delaney
13. Pete Buttigieg
14. Tom Steyer
15. Marianne Williamson
If you think Sanders' policies are best, why do you think he got treatment for his heart attack at an expensive private hospital instead of the public, county-run hospital in Las Vegas he says are best suited to care for Americans?

EatTheRich

President
If you think Sanders' policies are best, why do you think he got treatment for his heart attack at an expensive private hospital instead of the public, county-run hospital in Las Vegas he says are best suited to care for Americans?
He says that public hospitals are better than no access to hospitals. It doesn’t mean that the elite private hospitals that are only available to the rich aren’t better.

He says that public hospitals are better than no access to hospitals. It doesn’t mean that the elite private hospitals that are only available to the rich aren’t better.
So you're ok with Sanders using his wealth to buy better health care, while he prefers you accept whatever the public option can provide?

EatTheRich

President
So you're ok with Sanders using his wealth to buy better health care, while he prefers you accept whatever the public option can provide?
Sanders is the least bad of a bunch of bad options. Your alternative is that the rich use their wealth to buy better health care, while I have financially crippling emergency care only.

EatTheRich

President
That's not his position, obviously, since he just used his own private insurance and wealth to obtain care superior to that which he wants you to have.
That’s like saying Trump didn’t want to drain the swamp if (as he said he did on the campaign trail) he bribed politicians to get favors.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Hi JackDallas. Tomorrow is the big day. I'm so excited! :)
I heard Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Florida and Georgia are the states to watch.
Did you vote yet?
Yes I have, Rosie. The wife and I voted the first day of early voting in Texas. I haven't forgotten our bet.
Trump will carry all of those states and Michigan, Wisconsin and maybe Minnesota, plus all the typically red states he carried in '16.

Electoral votes: Trump 300 or more. Biden 230 or less.

Last edited:

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
Yes I have, Rosie. The wife and I voted the first day of early voting in Texas. I haven't forgotten our bet.
Trump will carry all of those states and Michigan, Wisconsin and maybe Minnesota, plus all the typically red states he carried in '16.

Electoral votes: Trump 300 or more. Biden 230 or less.
OK, my friend. :)