• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Who still thinks CNN is a legitimate news outlet?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You wrote that the settlement was for defamation. Ordinarily I’d say you were mistaken. But given your record of lying I’m going to conclude you’re lying now.

The settlement was for invasion of privacy, liar. O’Keefe was “guilty” of filming somebody without their knowledge—in other words, he was guilty of investigative journalism because that’s exactly what he was doing.
Juan Carlos Vera, who worked for the now-defunct Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (Acorn), filed a federal lawsuit two years ago accusing O'Keefe of portraying him in a false light and filming him without his knowledge.

Portraying him in a false light sounds like defamation to me....I can't find court docs.

Read this and tell us if you'd like to continue to defend Veritas and O'Keefe.

Last edited:

Schrodinger's Platypus

Radical Constitutional Extremist
Juan Carlos Vera, who worked for the now-defunct Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (Acorn), filed a federal lawsuit two years ago accusing O'Keefe of portraying him in a false light and filming him without his knowledge.

Portraying him in a false light sounds like defamation to me....I can't find court docs.
Filming him without his knowledge sounds like invasion of privacy. How ‘bout making your next post all about the truth? Can’t be worse than lying your ass off for scores and dozens of posts in just the past week.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Filming him without his knowledge sounds like invasion of privacy. How ‘bout making your next post all about the truth? Can’t be worse than lying your ass off for scores and dozens of posts in just the past week.
How about staying on the subject...Veritas. O'Keefe is a scumbag who was busted in the Acorn sting by making seem like Vera was going to help smuggle women into the country to be prostitutes when the fact is that Vera collected enough info from O'Keefe and contacted law enforcement after the meeting...If O'Keefe hadn't made a deal for immunity to turn over the tapes he'd have gone to jail for conspiracy and human trafficking because by his little sting he exposed what was a plan to smuggle women.

You want to argue about two job descriptions that basically agree. Pick the one you like. It still makes the case that Charles didn't make decisions about stories or content, making the Veritas top post all about one guys opinion about CNN and Trump...nothing more.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Said the angry boy dropping little angry emojis here and there like Johnny Appleseed dropping his apple seeds. You're angry. Good. That gives me hope! :cool:
What a very odd person you are....still defending or attempting to deflect from scum like Veritas...

Last edited:

Schrodinger's Platypus

So again...if he is just an equipment operator, he had no influence over stories or content and the Veritas sting is meaningless....

Good to know.
It’s not meaningless. Can’t you leave your assumptions at the door and connect the dots?

Does he or does he not accept marching orders from people who do set policy and control content?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
It’s not meaningless. Can’t you leave your assumptions at the door and connect the dots?

Does he or does he not accept marching orders from people who do set policy and control content?
Speaking of leaving your assumptions at the door...

You imply something not shown to be true from the Veritas Sting.

Schrodinger's Platypus

Speaking of leaving your assumptions at the door...

You imply something not shown to be true from the Veritas Sting.
You lie to other people so I’m not surprised you lie to yourself. We’ve wrung out everything we’re going to wring out here. I’m comfortable calling out your lies. You’re comfortable in your lies.

I think we’re done here.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You lie to other people so I’m not surprised you lie to yourself. We’ve wrung out everything we’re going to wring out here. I’m comfortable calling out your lies. You’re comfortable in your lies.

I think we’re done here.
1. I proved, more than once, that Charles is an equipment operator and not someone who sets policy at CNN. It is extremely unlikely that he even sits in on meeting between reporters, producers and upper management to discuss content.
2. Veritas set him up with a woman pretending to be a nurse and going out on dates with the guy. Did she sleep with him to get the info?
3. Are his opinions of CNN any more reliable than my opinions of Fox, NewsMax, WorldNetDaily or One America News? Are those four any more unbiased or non-partisan than CNN? Why hasn't Veritas done a sting on them?

You're comfortable going off into "connect the dots" land when you have nothing else to go on.