• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Who will Marco Rubio endorse?

Who will Marco Rubio endorse?

• Mitt Romney

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Newt Gingrich

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Rick Santorum

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Ron Paul

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nobody

Votes: 13 37.1%

• Total voters

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
Now that Newt has convincingly won South Carolina, all attention will turn to Florida. Nikki Haley, the "tea party" governor of South Carolina endorsed Romney and apparently got pie in the face. That makes me wonder about what Marco Rubio will do over the next few days. I expect that he will be under a lot of pressure. (Rick Scott is lucky. Probably, no one really wants his endorsement.)

Bo-4

Senator
Lol, Scott is nearly as popular as hemorrhoids at this point. Right around there with the other pRicks and Kasich. Thing look good!!

Cicero

Mayor
Woah! That's a tough question imreallyperplexed. In theory he should automatically endorse Newt Gingrich, but I'm siding with nobody.

D

Doc

Woah! That's a tough question imreallyperplexed. In theory he should automatically endorse Newt Gingrich, but I'm siding with nobody.
I have to agree with Cicero here. Very good question, to which, I can only assume the answer.

I would only add the caveat, that Rubio will likely endorse whom HE thinks, will be the eventual winner, if he makes any endoresement at all.

Certainly Rubio's endoresement will be big (as he could be a potential VP candidate), but, then again...with his current position in politics, there may be no realy downside for him simply "sitting this one out..."

GordonGecko

President
But he walks into a trap, Doc, if he endorses.

Pick Romney...he pisses off Tea Partyers who hate Romney. Nikki Haley caught some of that, Christie some too.

Pick Newt....and Newt loses the Nomination (or worse, for Rubio, loses Florida) and Marco's "street value" is almost wiped out.

D

Doc

But he walks into a trap, Doc, if he endorses.

Pick Romney...he pisses off Tea Partyers who hate Romney. Nikki Haley caught some of that, Christie some too.

Pick Newt....and Newt loses the Nomination (or worse, for Rubio, loses Florida) and Marco's "street value" is almost wiped out.
I honestly do not think that the Political Caluculus is that deep.

To me, it is more a question of: WHAT sort of relationship does Rubio forsee with a potential GOP President? Does he see himself as PART of that administration? If not, then he can hold back on his endorsement.

OFF TOPIC: I sent you a message, with a you tube link, but, I'm computer-stupid, so I do not know if you will get it or not. IF NOT, go check Lilly's Best Commercial posting, under General Discussion. You have probably already seen this, but, if not, I think you will get a kick out of it....