• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Whoo Hoo! Bidens says if you make under 400K you won't have to pay one penny in taxes.

reason10

Governor
When Trump's tax cut was implemented did you pay less for stuff you bought?

Anyone who thinks Trump's tax cuts resulted in millions of jobs is not paying attention.
The unemployment rate when Trump walked in the door was 4.5%. At the very best it dropped by less than 1%.

At one time Ireland enacted a 3% manufacturers tax. Dell moved thousands of jobs to Ireland. Companies came up with all sorts of schemes to take advantage of that tax rate....may did not involve jobs in Ireland....for instance...

BMW Germany builds a car in Germany for $30,000 and sells it to BMW Ireland for $29,000...and now shows a loss of $1,000 on the car. The car is shipped to the USA from Germany and sold by BMW Ireland for $40,000....and is sold in the USA for $39,000.

BMW Germany -$1,000
BMW Ireland + $10,000.....taxed at 3%
BMW USA - $1,000

As soon as that tax expired and their tax rate resumed it's previous rate DELL moved those jobs to some other countries.

Excuse me? I paid a FRACTION of the Obama cost for gasoline.

Anybody who believes those idiotic unemployment numbers from the Obama era are missing one important thing: Those numbers only reflect people who have applied for unemployment, not those who have given up looking for work BECAUSE THERE WERE NO JOBS. Obama was the FOOD STAMP PRESIDENT, Food stamp use was at historic HIGHS during his disastrous reign of terror on our economy.

As far as the tax structures of other countries, that's almost thread drift here.

Also, EVERY tax increase by every goose stepping Democrat has resulted in jobs moving overseas. If the Woke morons think the achievers are just going to bend over and let Washington take their money and give it to illegal aliens, they have another thing coming.

Both Carter, Clinton and the Obama were the greatest thing ever to happen to the economy, OF THE FAR EAST.

Trump cut rates and brought manufacturing jobs BACK to America. Food stamp use plummeted. Black and latino employment rates dropped too, because unlike you left wingers, Republicans don't discriminate. We want ALL races to prosper.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Excuse me? I paid a FRACTION of the Obama cost for gasoline.

Anybody who believes those idiotic unemployment numbers from the Obama era are missing one important thing: Those numbers only reflect people who have applied for unemployment, not those who have given up looking for work BECAUSE THERE WERE NO JOBS. Obama was the FOOD STAMP PRESIDENT, Food stamp use was at historic HIGHS during his disastrous reign of terror on our economy.

As far as the tax structures of other countries, that's almost thread drift here.

Also, EVERY tax increase by every goose stepping Democrat has resulted in jobs moving overseas. If the Woke morons think the achievers are just going to bend over and let Washington take their money and give it to illegal aliens, they have another thing coming.

Both Carter, Clinton and the Obama were the greatest thing ever to happen to the economy, OF THE FAR EAST.

Trump cut rates and brought manufacturing jobs BACK to America. Food stamp use plummeted. Black and latino employment rates dropped too, because unlike you left wingers, Republicans don't discriminate. We want ALL races to prosper.
In 2016 I paid about $1.80 for gas. In 2019 I paid $2.90.

Contrary to popular belief, the monthly unemployment rate has nothing to do with the number of people who applied for or receive unemployment benefits. Instead, this figure is derived from a BLS survey

The unemployment rate is just one measurement of the facts...there is also the LFPR.
That dropped from a high of 67% to a low of 62.5...thanks to the Bush recession.

It was 62.9 when Trump was sworn in. It went up to 63.3 at it's best before the pandemic. It dropped to 60.8 in March 2020. It is now back up to near 62...

reason10

Governor
That's a lie

Contrary to popular belief, the monthly unemployment rate has nothing to do with the number of people who applied for or receive unemployment benefits. Instead, this figure is derived from a BLS survey

That's a lie.
Here are the facts.

https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/063015/how-does-us-bureau-labor-statistics-calculate-unemployment-rate-published-monthly.asp
  • Unemployment is measured through the Current Population Survey, conducted monthly by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
  • Only citizens who are in the labor force are counted in the unemployment rate; those who have given up looking for a job are not—a controversial position.
  • Critics argue that not counting workers who have given up looking paints a brighter picture of unemployment than really exists.

Obama's numbers were so bad that record numbers of people gave up looking for work and went on food stamps.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/28/food-stamp-president-enrollment-70-percent-under-o/

Enrollment in the food stamp program — officially the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program — has soared by 70 percent in the years since President Obama first took office, a new report finds.

The government said the recession ended in 2009, The Wall Street Journal reports, but enrollment in the food stamp program didn’t wane, as would be expected in an improving economy. Since 2008, it’s been on a steady rise, The Journal reports.

A record 47.8 million people participate in the program, as of December 2012 — a figure that translates into a 70 percent rise since 2008, The Journal says. Why?

You have once again LOST this argument. Obama meant HUGE job losses. Trump gave America the GREATEST job numbers of all time. And Joe is frantic to return that number to the Obama levels and get those people back on food stamps.

The FACTS don't lie. And they don't care about your feelings.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
That's a lie

That's a lie.
Here are the facts.

https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/063015/how-does-us-bureau-labor-statistics-calculate-unemployment-rate-published-monthly.asp
  • Unemployment is measured through the Current Population Survey, conducted monthly by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
  • Only citizens who are in the labor force are counted in the unemployment rate; those who have given up looking for a job are not—a controversial position.
  • Critics argue that not counting workers who have given up looking paints a brighter picture of unemployment than really exists.

Obama's numbers were so bad that record numbers of people gave up looking for work and went on food stamps.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/28/food-stamp-president-enrollment-70-percent-under-o/

Enrollment in the food stamp program — officially the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program — has soared by 70 percent in the years since President Obama first took office, a new report finds.

The government said the recession ended in 2009, The Wall Street Journal reports, but enrollment in the food stamp program didn’t wane, as would be expected in an improving economy. Since 2008, it’s been on a steady rise, The Journal reports.

A record 47.8 million people participate in the program, as of December 2012 — a figure that translates into a 70 percent rise since 2008, The Journal says. Why?

You have once again LOST this argument. Obama meant HUGE job losses. Trump gave America the GREATEST job numbers of all time. And Joe Biden is frantic to return that number to the Obama levels and get those people back on food stamps.

facts don't lie...but you do.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
That's a lie

That's a lie.
Here are the facts.

You have once again LOST this argument. Obama meant HUGE job losses. Trump gave America the GREATEST job numbers of all time. And Joe Biden is frantic to return that number to the Obama levels and get those people back on food stamps.

Have it your way...here are the numbers on "discouraged workers"

1620495091360.png

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Your source is lying. I paid MORE for gasoline under the Obama than I did under President Trump, who promoted domestic energy independence.
1620495492931.png

Here we have total non-farm employment in thousands...so In January 2010 it was about 130 million people...by january 2017 it was 146 million...and Trump managed to get that up to 152 million before the pandemic...

So Obama = +16 million
Trump = + 6 million.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Your source is lying. I paid MORE for gasoline under the Obama than I did under President Trump, who promoted domestic energy independence.
You can claim my source is lying...but your source is "YOU"....

I rest my case.

reason10

Governor
View attachment 62920

Here we have total non-farm employment in thousands...so In January 2010 it was about 130 million people...by january 2017 it was 146 million...and Trump managed to get that up to 152 million before the pandemic...

So Obama = +16 million
Trump = + 6 million.

Wrong.

Obama was the food stamp president.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/11/02/under-trump-americans-have-seen-their-best-wage-growth-in-40-years/

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/aug/6/donald-trump-not-food-stamp-president/

Think about that legacy for a moment: One of Obama’s big claims to fame is that he oversaw an economy that gave out more free SNAP food than any other time in U.S. history. Or, another way to see it — more Americans depended on government SNAP dole-outs to feed their families during Obama’s time in the White House than at any other time in U.S. history.

What a proud moment — insert sigh here.
Now comes Trump.

“Food stamp enrollment falls to 8-year low as Trump clamps down on fraud, economy improves,” blared one recent Fox News headline.

Last edited:

reason10

Governor

I rest my case.
I don't have to lie. I'm right and you're wrong.

https://www.atr.org/gasoline-prices-skyrocket-under-president-obama-a7042

At the beginning of the Obama administration, a gallon of regular gasoline cost only $1.93 in today’s dollars. However, President Obama has pursued policies that have been counterproductive to achieving the goal of low energy prices. The current administration has pushed restrictions on drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR), imposed a moratorium on deep-water drilling, and rejected the Keystone XL pipeline.
These policies have contributed to steadily rising gasoline prices throughout the Obama administration. Real prices have approached $4.00 per gallon in the spring of 2011 and again this past April; they remained at the historically high level of $3.54 in June.

And today's spike in gasoline prices fall directly into the hands of Joe (or whoever is pulling that Nazis' puppet strings.)

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/stacey-lennox/2021/03/07/trump-was-right-gas-is-at-2-75-a-gallon-and-projeced-to-go-nowhere-but-up-n1430634
The combination of low energy prices and pre-pandemic interest rates, paired with America’s traditionally high productivity rates were attractive for businesses and encouraged expansion. Yet with an economy struggling to recover from a pandemic and extended economic shutdowns, President Joe Biden began to roll back policies aimed at energy independence on day one of this administration.

In an interview on Mornings with Maria Thursday, former president of Shell Oil John Hofmeister said energy prices may continue to rise from the national average of $2.75 per gallon. This a $0.33 per gallon increase as compared to the same month last year. Part of the reason is a period of shutdown for the refineries. Still, President Biden’s green energy rhetoric and early executive orders regarding exploration and fracking leases have spooked the industry. According to Hofmeister:

Bottom line, Democrats are bad for the economy. Their policies raise the cost of living and put people out of work.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

At the beginning of the Obama administration, a gallon of regular gasoline cost only $1.93 in today’s dollars. However, President Obama has pursued policies that have been counterproductive to achieving the goal of low energy prices. The current administration has pushed restrictions on drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR), imposed a moratorium on deep-water drilling, and rejected the Keystone XL pipeline.
These policies have contributed to steadily rising gasoline prices throughout the Obama administration. Real prices have approached $4.00 per gallon in the spring of 2011 and again this past April; they remained at the historically high level of $3.54 in June.

And today's spike in gasoline prices fall directly into the hands of Joe Biden (or whoever is pulling that Nazis' puppet strings.)

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/stacey-lennox/2021/03/07/trump-was-right-gas-is-at-2-75-a-gallon-and-projeced-to-go-nowhere-but-up-n1430634
The combination of low energy prices and pre-pandemic interest rates, paired with America’s traditionally high productivity rates were attractive for businesses and encouraged expansion. Yet with an economy struggling to recover from a pandemic and extended economic shutdowns, President Joe Biden began to roll back policies aimed at energy independence on day one of this administration.

In an interview on Mornings with Maria Thursday, former president of Shell Oil John Hofmeister said energy prices may continue to rise from the national average of $2.75 per gallon. This a $0.33 per gallon increase as compared to the same month last year. Part of the reason is a period of shutdown for the refineries. Still, President Biden’s green energy rhetoric and early executive orders regarding exploration and fracking leases have spooked the industry. According to Hofmeister:

Bottom line, Democrats are bad for the economy. Their policies raise the cost of living and put people out of work.
Only a moron would trust a site like "Buffoons for Tax reform" and their simplistic account of gas prices. Prices fluctuate...and in February 2016 gas was $1.76.
For most of 2018 the price of gas was in the $2.80 range...

In May 2019 the price was $2.85...in June 2008 the price was $4.05.

1620500561196.png

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Wrong.

Obama was the food stamp president.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/11/02/under-trump-americans-have-seen-their-best-wage-growth-in-40-years/

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/aug/6/donald-trump-not-food-stamp-president/

Think about that legacy for a moment: One of Obama’s big claims to fame is that he oversaw an economy that gave out more free SNAP food than any other time in U.S. history. Or, another way to see it — more Americans depended on government SNAP dole-outs to feed their families during Obama’s time in the White House than at any other time in U.S. history.

What a proud moment — insert sigh here.
Now comes Trump.

“Food stamp enrollment falls to 8-year low as Trump clamps down on fraud, economy improves,” blared one recent Fox News headline.
Newsmax and the Washington Times....Wow...

Would the foodstamp enrollment have gone up if not for Bush's recession? The worst economy since the great depression....even worse than Reagan's economy in 1982 thru 1985.

Foodstamp enrollment climbed from 2008 to 2014 and then began to decline from a high of 46.6 million to 42 million when Trump took office.

I noticed you danced away from the job creation numbers....
Obama 16 million from the worst of Bush's recession job losses to when Trump took office in January 2017 and Trump's number were 6 million in his best years...up until the pandemic erased the jobs created and brought the number of employed down to 2010 numbers.

Schrodinger's Platypus

Radical Constitutional Extremist

I rest my case.
The idea that human created statistics should be believed over your own eyes and ears is an idea completely alien to you isn’t it. The examples upon examples of people manipulating numbers in the name of politics or marketing is simply a bridge too far. And so if the statistics say the sky is dirt then who am I to challenge them? Who are you?

No wonder you lie so much.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
The idea that human created statistics should be believed over your own eyes and ears is an idea completely alien to you isn’t it. The examples upon examples of people manipulating numbers in the name of politics or marketing is simply a bridge too far. And so if the statistics say the sky is dirt then who am I to challenge them? Who are you?

No wonder you lie so much.
And the fact is that you cannot show those statistics to be false...and those that make your opinions look silly you can just call them lies and run away....as you and your allies on PJ do all the time.

Feel free to show statistics related to the sky being dirt.

Kind of ironic for you to attack the source of information I provided and ignore the opportunity to do the same for those @protectionist linked to on Newsmax or Washington Times.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

And today's spike in gasoline prices fall directly into the hands of Joe Biden (or whoever is pulling that Nazis' puppet strings.)

By the way....There is no oil production at the moment in ANWR. So Trump's policy there has had no effect on the price of gas.

This wilderness crown jewel is opening for oil drilling. Why is industry interest so weak?
A lease sale in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska is set for January 6. But drilling proponents are battling economic headwinds.

The Keystone pipeline is still not finished...So it also has no impact on the price of gas. The first three phases were finished while Obama was president. Phase 4 is what is in limbo.

The moratorium in the gulf was on drilling new wells, not on the production of oil from existing wells. The moratorium was due to Deep Water Horizon and the oil spill disaster and was on wells deeper than 500 ft and was to allow a review of designs and safety issues. It impacted 33 possible drilling sites.