• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Why can’t OSHA protect people against viruses?

Bugsy McGurk

President
Wasn't judicial legislating no matter how many times you say it. It was a correct assessment of the powers granted OSHA. It does not have that authority. Meanwhile, the states did all along.

All along ...that must gall you...all those deaths they allowed
First, you are experiencing confusion about the powers of states. It’s certainly true that states have the power to impose mandates. But that does not mean that OSHA does not have the authority to regulate health and safety in the workplace. They do.

That confusion aside, the issue remains as to whether OSHA has the legal right to protect the workplace against virus threats, as they obviously do with respect to other toxins. I have asked you to cite some law giving them the right to do so as to toxins, but barring them the right to do that as to viruses. Neither you nor anyone else has cited to a law justifying that distinction.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
First, you are experiencing confusion about the powers of states. It’s certainly true that states have the power to impose mandates. But that does not mean that OSHA does not have the authority to regulate health and safety in the workplace. They do.

That confusion aside, the issue remains as to whether OSHA has the legal right to protect the workplace against virus threats, as they obviously do with respect to other toxins. I have asked you to cite some law giving them the right to do so as to toxins, but barring them the right to do that as to viruses. Neither you nor anyone else has cited to a law justifying that distinction.
Osha has the power to regulate health and safety in the workplace.
Please stop portraying as though I think it does not.

It does have the authority to protect the workplace against virus threats. And as they do with other toxins they can mandate the use of masks, they can facilitate different types of ventilation, and so on in the workplace.
I believe, as I've posted now repeatedly to you references, the ruling differentiates between the limitations of in the workplace and affects an instances occurring broader than, or outside the workplace.

I will not post it again.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

Anyway. The prevailing point now is that all of the states do hold that authority. And private businesses do have the ability to enact those safeguards that it feels necessary to protect its workers

The exercise now is whether you will slander and attack all the states and all the private businesses for failing it's citizens and workers.

I theorize no because that would mean stepping out of lockstep with your cohort and it's slander of only one particular politic

have a splendid day

Bugsy McGurk

President
Osha has the power to regulate health and safety in the workplace.
Please stop portraying as though I think it does not.

It does have the authority to protect the workplace against virus threats. And as they do with other toxins they can mandate the use of masks, they can facilitate different types of ventilation, and so on in the workplace.
I believe, as I've posted now repeatedly to you references, the ruling differentiates between the limitations of in the workplace and affects an instances occurring broader than, or outside the workplace.

I will not post it again.
Looks like we agree that the question before the SCOTUS was not a states rights question. I will no longer ask for the alleged law that draws a distinction between viruses and other toxins in the workplace. I don’t think it exists.

As to masks and Covid, the government’s fallback position involved masks. The SCOTUS wingers rejected that too. In sum, they rejected vaccines, testing, and masks. Dreadful policy decisions that will cost thousands of lives.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Anyway. The prevailing point now is that all of the states do hold that authority. And private businesses do have the ability to enact those safeguards that it feels necessary to protect its workers

The exercise now is whether you will slander and attack all the states and all the private businesses for failing it's citizens and workers.

I theorize no because that would mean stepping out of lockstep with your cohort and it's slander of only one particular politic

have a splendid day
Why would I “slander” states and private businesses when the OSHA authority issue has nothing to do with them?

As I said above, the fact that states and private businesses can also impose such regulations is not relevant to the OSHA authority issue. Indeed, some of them do impose such regulations. And when they do, winger covidiots try to sabotage them too. After which, they blame the consequences of their sabotage on Biden.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like we agree that the question before the SCOTUS was not a states rights question. I will no longer ask for the alleged law that draws a distinction between viruses and other toxins in the workplace. I don’t think it exists.

As to masks and Covid, the government’s fallback position involved masks. The SCOTUS wingers rejected that too. In sum, they rejected vaccines, testing, and masks. Dreadful policy decisions that will cost thousands of lives.
Sadly we won't be able to move forward, as you simply won't educate yourself. You're a dreadful locks that politic does not allow you to think freely and therefore we have this cyclical engagement

The power to mandate rests with the states, has arrested with the states. The authority to require its workers to vaccinate, mask, etc is the province of the private employer. According to your politic each in turn is responsible for all of these deaths for failing to do so.
It's just a pathetic finger pointing exercise in your mind, so it's equally important than normal people pointed right back at you, and highlight your failure.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Why would I “slander” states and private businesses when the OSHA authority issue has nothing to do with them?

As I said above, the fact that states and private businesses can also impose such regulations is not relevant to the OSHA authority issue. Indeed, some of them do impose such regulations. And when they do, winger covidiots try to sabotage them too. After which, they blame the consequences of their sabotage on Biden.
You deposit the whole as though the ruling to just happened is responsible for deaths. If we're going to play that game then the states all this time had that authority and they didn't enact it. Therefore, according to your perverse logic, each and every state is responsible for a sizable number of the deaths that they each in turn have incurred.

Meanwhile normal people carry on knowing full well that it is an extremely complicated situation all over the globe.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Sadly we won't be able to move forward, as you simply won't educate yourself. You're a dreadful locks that politic does not allow you to think freely and therefore we have this cyclical engagement

The power to mandate rests with the states, has arrested with the states. The authority to require its workers to vaccinate, mask, etc is the province of the private employer. According to your politic each in turn is responsible for all of these deaths for failing to do so.
It's just a pathetic finger pointing exercise in your mind, so it's equally important than normal people pointed right back at you, and highlight your failure.
You just ignore what I say so there’s no point in repeating it all. Suffice to repeat that it does not follow that OSHA does not have the authority simply because states and private employers also have certain authority. They are different questions. You should concede that.

Bugsy McGurk

President
You deposit the whole as though the ruling to just happened is responsible for deaths. If we're going to play that game then the states all this time had that authority and they didn't enact it. Therefore, according to your perverse logic, each and every state is responsible for a sizable number of the deaths that they each in turn have incurred.

Meanwhile normal people carry on knowing full well that it is an extremely complicated situation all over the globe.
I would agree that certain states have deaths on their hands as well, along with the GOP. Some states, like Florida, not only refuse to adopt Covid mitigation measures; they also forbid towns and employers from adopting Covid mitigation measures. And GOP groups have litigated against such mitigation measures throughout the land. Countless deaths resulted.

But again, that has nothing to do with the OSHA issue. The SCOTUS wingers had no business substituting their own policy preferences for OSHA, but they did, and their decision will result in thousands of deaths.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Actually, that was the government’s “fallback position” but the SCOTUS wingers slapped it down. After all, they view their role as making policy to carry out the GOP’s pro-Covid agenda.
That, of course, is complete horse sh*t (but then, which of your posts isn't?).

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
You just ignore what I say so there’s no point in repeating it all. Suffice to repeat that it does not follow that OSHA does not have the authority simply because states and private employers also have certain authority. They are different questions. You should concede that.
No it does not follow. Hey because osha never held that authority. It was never granted such authority when it was established. It is beyond its scope. A d because it was just ruled that they cannot hold that authority as it would Grant it a scope on a matter that extends outside the workplace.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I would agree that certain states have deaths on their hands as well, along with the GOP. Some states, like Florida, not only refuse to adopt Covid mitigation measures; they also forbid towns and employers from adopting Covid mitigation measures. And GOP groups have litigated against such mitigation measures throughout the land. Countless deaths resulted.

But again, that has nothing to do with the OSHA issue. The SCOTUS wingers had no business substituting their own policy preferences for OSHA, but they did, and their decision will result in thousands of deaths.
Well now. We have to apply your perverse logic. Every state, Democrat and Republican LED alike, that have not put forth mandates carry this burden of blame. At least according to your perverse logic.

Bugsy McGurk

President
No it does not follow. Hey because osha never held that authority. It was never granted such authority when it was established. It is beyond its scope. A d because it was just ruled that they cannot hold that authority as it would Grant it a scope on a matter that extends outside the workplace.
And again, you declare that it is beyond their authority but state no law supporting that declaration. And again I ask - can you point to any law providing that, while OSHA does have authority to regulate non-viral toxins in the workplace, it does not have authority to regulate viral toxins in the workplace?

Bugsy McGurk

President
Well now. We have to apply your perverse logic. Every state, Democrat and Republican LED alike, that have not put forth mandates carry this burden of blame. At least according to your perverse logic.
There’s nothing perverse about my logic, but it also has nothing to do with the OSHA authority issue.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
And again, you declare that it is beyond their authority but state no law supporting that declaration. And again I ask - can you point to any law providing that, while OSHA does have authority to regulate non-viral toxins in the workplace, it does not have authority to regulate viral toxins in the workplace?
There is no law to declare. Congress never delegated OSHA that authority.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
There’s nothing perverse about my logic, but it also has nothing to do with the OSHA authority issue.
Surely there is some perversity of logic at play. You sit and cast blame over and over again. Meanwhile in reality Congress never granted OSHA that authority. The point is moot

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Yup. It’s hard to think of any other SCOTUS ruling that has the inevitable impact of killing thousands of people. And we know wingers will blame those deaths on Biden.
The federal government…by not immediately placing all infected as well as all potentially exposed citizens in gulags…”has the inevitable impact of killing thousands of people”.
If extremist kooks and cranks insist upon applying idiotic logic, they get to own this idiocy in total. There ya go, lunatics…