• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Why can't we find middle ground

Where is America headed

• In the wrong direction to the right

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • in the wrong direction to the left

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • we have a good mix and it's working

• we need to be more considerate on both sides

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Some people just need to be the losers

• Total voters

Council Member
I am very aggressive when it comes to money, very conservative when it comes to country, very liberal when it comes people.

I would think most people really deep down don't want a country where everyone thinks and does the same things/ways.

So why can't we find middle ground. Why does it always seem to be the vocal ones who control everything on both sides which keeps most people who are wanting a country that doesn't go too far the other way.

It seems like everyone on these boards, including me look for the things that make a case for what we want when really most of the time it's not the norm were putting out but just junk to make someone else defensive.

Do you think we will ever learn to be an America where everyone is happy being part of it, and feels we are heading in the right direction?

Corruptbuddha

Governor
Give us some examples of what you're for. How would you deal with:

National Debt?
Unemployment?
Foreign Policy?

Once we know where you're coming from, we can have a 'middle ground' discussion.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Do you think we will ever learn to be an America where everyone is happy being part of it, and feels we are heading in the right direction?
It seems to me the one constant in the US has been the ex[pansion of rights to all of our people. From a slave owning nation with restrictive voting rights, to a nation with it's first non caucasina president on the verge of legalizing same sex marriage...we move forward.

I beleieve we can get there when all feel as if they are a part of the place, even if not every ideal of theirs is a nationwide consideration. Liberty is ugly...and yours stops when it brushes against mine. Hence the responses such as...don't like gay marriage? Don't get gay married. easy.

Council Member

National Debt?
Unemployment?
Foreign Policy?

Once we know where you're coming from, we can have a 'middle ground' discussion.
National debt is something that is an ongoing problem. At times you can attack it and at times you need to just accept it. A country hitting on al cylinders would be able to attack the debt with ease and it wouldn't hurt people as much as it does now to go after it.

Unemployment is a cause of not having enough jobs available to to match the need. We cannot live with this amount of people not working for a long period of time. Right now to get people back to work which would spur the economy is going to have to come somewhat from the govt doing the things we need to have done now. the govt needs to revamp the rules and regulations that don't work, are out dated, along with figuring out a tax code that is fair to everyone and like many say make everyone have skin in the game.

Foreign Policy? We are American the land of the free. I do not believe we are America the saviors of the world. We have a place in seeing that no group of people are treated like the Jews and others were by Hitler. We have countries who we have treaties with that must be
kept. But I for one don't believe that we as a stand alone entity needs to police the world or do I believe that military might is the best answer always.

Council Member

National Debt?
Unemployment?
Foreign Policy?

You ask a question and I answer it, and then you don't respond?

Number_58

I'm one of the deplorables lefty warns you about.
Are you friggin serious?!

No, we will never be happy because the divides are too deep. And, for you to suggest you wish to find middle ground is nothing if not disingenuous...you have posted some of the most divisive TPs on here...maybe we should steer you back to this poll the next time your liberal diatribes hit the top of the page...

You acting like a uniter or middle of the road warrior? :rofl::lol:

degsme

Council Member
No, we will never be happy because the divides are too deep. And, for you to suggest you wish to find middle ground is nothing if not disingenuous...you have posted some of the most divisive TPs on here...maybe we should steer you back to this poll the next time your liberal diatribes hit the top of the page...

You acting like a uniter or middle of the road warrior? :rofl::lol:
Well the divides are deep - but mostly from the fringe right... The center and the left are not as divided as you make it out to be.

degsme

Council Member
I am very aggressive when it comes to money, very conservative when it comes to country, very liberal when it comes people.

I would think most people really deep down don't want a country where everyone thinks and does the same things/ways.

So why can't we find middle ground. Why does it always seem to be the vocal ones who control everything on both sides which keeps most people who are wanting a country that doesn't go too far the other way.

It seems like everyone on these boards, including me look for the things that make a case for what we want when really most of the time it's not the norm were putting out but just junk to make someone else defensive.

The reason is because most people don't question their biased thinking. That, combined with a huge amount of Fear. We have gone from 70% of the population working on the land with the "security" that at least they can feed themselves and their families - to a modern economy where the more brutal aspects of capitalism are in full force.

In many ways, Marx actually predicted things like the Tea Party - people reacting to the perceived loss of control and increased disenfranchisement that capital imbalances create, by railing against the whole system. So in many ways the Tea Party is the very thing it hates - Marxism reified.

And when a body hates itself, healing and rationality are not an option.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
Sorry...busy elsewhere.

Okay, so you don't like the national debt, but see it as an inevitability. Something that has to be dealt with when we're 'running on all cylinders'? the question is, how do we get to that level of performance? Say a 3+% GDP growth?

And for unemployment, you would like to see the government step in with temporary make work jobs just to stimulate the economy? What are we to do for sustainable employment. After all there are just so much highway that needs to be repaired. What about private sector jobs? Do you believe that if the government stimulates enough, that those jobs will come back?

I agree with you on some of your foreign policy takes, except that I take a much stronger position of trade, trade, trade. We should never wage war (even 'leading from behind' on behalf of any other people. Only when we are ourselves attacked should we respond with force.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
way too many question and few platforms........

it's apparent those demanding GOV freebies voting for the politician that offers the most freebies, so NO WE THE PEOPLE will remain divided, esp with 50% supporting 50% that contribute notta..........well, other than standing with their hands held out.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
It seems to me the one constant in the US has been the ex[pansion of rights to all of our people
Really? I would beg to differ. I'll point you to the Patriot Act and the recent NDAA as examples of government stepping on our rights.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Ah but there's the rub. In a $1 == 1 Vote world, we don't all feel part of the place.
The work is far from done...

I was in Paris 8 years ago during the French election season. I was struck by the relative fairness of the process. The Friday night before the lection (held Saturday AND Sunday, nationwide) every single candidate was on an all evening round table discussion televised again, nationwide. My french is rudimentary, but I was spellbound by the event.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Really? I would beg to differ. I'll point you to the Patriot Act and the recent NDAA as examples of government stepping on our rights.
A step back occurs now and then, of that I can't deny, nor would I. Still, the majority of the movement has been forward on many fronts, imo.

Council Member
way too many question and few platforms........

it's apparent those demanding GOV freebies voting for the politician that offers the most freebies, so NO WE THE PEOPLE will remain divided, esp with 50% supporting 50% that contribute notta..........well, other than standing with their hands held out.
where do you get that 50% contribute nothing. want to try and get by tomorrow without them and see what happens? You want to do without the labor and the taxes they pay to state and local govt's. Not to mention who is going to be doing all the things you depend on each day. Take the need away and many people in the top 50% won't have a need to be employed either which will add more people to your
figure of 50%.

But what gets me is many of the people you claim as being worthless because they pay no taxes are just people like the rest of us that take the deductions we have coming. In their case they are paid so little that their income is not enough to cover the deductions, the same ones your taking I might add.
So what your saying is being useful and earning a lower wage is not fair to you because they don't earn enough to pay a bunch in taxes.

man is that a catch 22 from the right. Your not worth what were paying you, and were not going to pay you more because your not worth it, and since we don't pay you enough you are just worthless because you don't pay enough taxes. and because of beijng worthless, not making enough and not paying enough in taxes you need to be slimmed a little bit more.

I guess all those things these people do for us is nadda, all the taxes they pay is nadda, all the SS taxes they pay on every dollar is nadda, and all the sales taxes they pay that helps provide the things a city and state need is Nadda.

Council Member
Oh by the way, in honor of those on the right, I put a new avatar up in honor of those southern republicans and their homes.

Kind of like saying people who are in the bottom 50% add nadda, this is my way of pointing out your way of life and how happy i am for you.

Number_58

You know, you're absolutely correct...after all when I look at an electoral map, it see all kinds of shades of purple in it...very little red or blue.

Number_58

And the this post is a glaring example why...

we will never have...

an America where everyone is happy being part of it, and feels we are heading in the right direction
As I predicted in this very thread...your middle of the road unifier bit is nothing but a bunch of BS running out of your pie hole.:rolleyes: