• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Why can't we find middle ground

Where is America headed

• In the wrong direction to the right

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • in the wrong direction to the left

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • we have a good mix and it's working

• we need to be more considerate on both sides

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Some people just need to be the losers

• Total voters

degsme

Council Member

degsme

Council Member
way too many question and few platforms........

it's apparent those demanding GOV freebies voting for the politician that offers the most freebies,
Except for the factual demographics that show wealthy people voting more liberal...

degsme

Council Member
Of course you'll find a way to disregard this...you do with every source that tells you something you don't want to hear...but it doesn't seem to be tracking that way so far this year...they are actually leaving in fairly significant numbers...

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/desperate-jobs-youth-flee-obama/378596
Yeah a polling group with no track record and no published data... reported by.... a conservative right wing paper...

And you have the guts to say that's meaningful? MEanwhile Gallup has a demographic breakdown http://www.gallup.com/poll/121199/Obama-Weekly-Job-Approval-Demographic-Groups.aspx

60% support in the 18-29 yo group... in fact the only "disapprove" is 65+...

Number_58

I'm one of the deplorables lefty warns you about.
Yeah...I didn't figure any less from you...it didn't fit into your little box of acceptable sources. It's no wonder you never answered A of D on what you would consider legitimate sources...none are unless they tell you what you want to hear. No sense of taking this any further...

degsme

Council Member
Yeah...I didn't figure any less from you...it didn't fit into your little box of acceptable sources.
Well there are acceptable sources (ones with verifiable data and Q's like Gallup) and then there is "echo chamber" crap (there is an echo chamber on the left, but it is much smaller- and notice that I do NOT cite it as a source).

Legitimate sources are ones with verifiable data. There are lots of them so I cannot enumerate them. You just rarely seem to cite them. Same with AoD.

FACTS MATTER
real ones - not echo chamber crap.

But keep believing the echo chamber.... it makes you more vulnerable.

Council Member
I have show on here that you can ask questions that the answer you get both ways could be right, but a person or a site can make it say something it isn't.

Like Heath care vote. People who are on both sides can answer the question of are you happy with it the same way.
Republicans because it isn't what they want, and democrats because it doesn't go far enough.

It's in how you ask questions, so many polls are of really no value, they just tell you what you want to hear, and most likely if your trying to get a certain result and you don't, it just goes away.

degsme

Council Member
Sorry...busy elsewhere.

Okay, so you don't like the national debt, but see it as an inevitability. Something that has to be dealt with when we're 'running on all cylinders'? the question is, how do we get to that level of performance? Say a 3+% GDP growth?
About $1.5 Trillion in stimulus spending. That gets us to roughly 6.8% unemployment

And then raise the top marginal rates back to 50% so that the money gets spent more efficiently

About a year later, Bob's Your Uncle.