• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Why did white supremacists march on Washington, DC?

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
Where are the white supremacists recruited from? Mostly from the lumpenproletariat: the incels, the meth freaks, the alcoholics, the dropouts. They get into it because they get pride of place, a sense of structure, and material rewards (food, shelter, drugs, etc.). But where do those groups get their leadership and funding from? Middle-class professionals and small business owners radicalized by the failures of capitalism. Yes, to some extent they take their cues from big-business politicians like Trump. But to a greater degree demagogues attune their message to what they want to hear. Both Trump’s election and the rise of white supremacy are symptoms of the increasing crisis of capitalism which is impelling more and more toward radical “solutions.” And there would be fewer looking to the radical right if they had more to look at on the radical left. As Fred Hampton put it, you fight racism with solidarity. And that’s what we need if we want things to change.
Thank you. Well said.

EatTheRich

President
Hi EatTheRich. How are you?
Honestly, it’s been a tough year, thanks. I only got $600 in stimulus but was laid off for a month last year, had to move once with 3 weeks notice and now three times had to find at least one new roommate with 2 weeks. My roommates borrowed thousands of dollars from me and I only just got mostly paid back. One of my roommate’s dogs killed another roommate’s cat and left her with a $2000 vet bill which caused all manner of trouble. On the plus side my wages have gone up, I got my master’s degree and my 2nd-degree black belt, and right now the worst of the stress is past. It was my day off today so I spent a few hours knitting a scarf for my little sibling for Christmas. I am not a great knitter so it will be many more hours till I’m done.

Anyway, how are you?

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
Honestly, it’s been a tough year, thanks. I only got $600 in stimulus but was laid off for a month last year, had to move once with 3 weeks notice and now three times had to find at least one new roommate with 2 weeks. My roommates borrowed thousands of dollars from me and I only just got mostly paid back. One of my roommate’s dogs killed another roommate’s cat and left her with a $2000 vet bill which caused all manner of trouble. On the plus side my wages have gone up, I got my master’s degree and my 2nd-degree black belt, and right now the worst of the stress is past. It was my day off today so I spent a few hours knitting a scarf for my little sibling for Christmas. I am not a great knitter so it will be many more hours till I’m done.

Anyway, how are you?
Glad to hear you got your Master's degree and 2nd degree Black Belt. I am very well. I finally got my COVID vaccine in September after putting it off for a long time. It appears this pandemic is going to be around for awhile.
I'm enjoying my retirement and my health is good. My only complaint is not being able to see my extended family due to COVID19. No family reunions, birthday celebrations,etc since early 2020. I did get to have Thanksgiving dinner with my kids and grandkids though.
That's nice that you are making your Christmas gift. Handmade gifts are better than store bought ones.

EatTheRich

President
Glad to hear you got your Master's degree and 2nd degree Black Belt. I am very well. I finally got my COVID vaccine in September after putting it off for a long time. It appears this pandemic is going to be around for awhile.
I'm enjoying my retirement and my health is good. My only complaint is not being able to see my extended family due to COVID19. No family reunions, birthday celebrations,etc since early 2020. I did get to have Thanksgiving dinner with my kids and grandkids though.
That's nice that you are making your Christmas gift. Handmade gifts are better than store bought ones.
Good to hear you got your Covid vaccine. I got my first two doses of the Pfizer vaccine back in late winter or spring, and I am on the waiting list to get the booster. I had a nice Thanksgiving here in town with my taekwondo instructor and his extended family, but I will be spending Christmas with my parents and sibling.

Colorforms

Senator
What rigged election? The 2020 election was won by Joe Biden fair and square. Trump and his followers just can't accept the truth.
I'm hoping the Democrats win the 2024 Presidential election too. ;):)
It was won by Biden, but in no way was it "fair and square". Media manipulation of negative Biden stories alone made up nearly 17% of the vote by independents. Add to that the litany of affidavits that claim votes were manipulated and republican vote monitors kept away.

People are not as blind as the left thinks they are. Which is why half of the electorate thinks the election was rigged.