• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Why don't liberals top post when someone butchers a police officer

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
This question was asked on another thread. As you all know PNWest is probably the most fair, most impartial and most bipartisan poster here on PJ or anywhere else.

While of course PNWest condemns anyone that would hurt a police officer or any one else other than in self defense the point remains, why don't we see top posts about civilians butchering cops? The the other poster framed this as a "liberals never post about people butchering cops" but the truth of the matter is we don't see a single top post from a conservative ever condemning anyone other than a minority injuring a police officer, at least as far as I remember. You'll see plenty of top posts if some black guy shoots a cop but never when it is a white guy to blame. Why is that? I'll leave that as a rhetorical question because if I answered it truthfully I'd end up with a 3 day or longer ban.

By the way, in investigating this point I did a google search for "man butchers police officer" in the hopes that I could top post the story. Unfortunately that search shows vividly what life is like in America today, plenty of stories about cops shooting civilians but nothing on the top about civvies butchering cops in the USA.

I did find one from Paris.

Here ya go even if it is from 2011 - https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-15803860

BobbyT

Governor
This question was asked on another thread. As you all know PNWest is probably the most fair, most impartial and most bipartisan poster here on PJ or anywhere else.

While of course PNWest condemns anyone that would hurt a police officer or any one else other than in self defense the point remains, why don't we see top posts about civilians butchering cops? The the other poster framed this as a "liberals never post about people butchering cops" but the truth of the matter is we don't see a single top post from a conservative ever condemning anyone other than a minority injuring a police officer, at least as far as I remember. You'll see plenty of top posts if some black guy shoots a cop but never when it is a white guy to blame. Why is that? I'll leave that as a rhetorical question because if I answered it truthfully I'd end up with a 3 day or longer ban.

By the way, in investigating this point I did a google search for "man butchers police officer" in the hopes that I could top post the story. Unfortunately that search shows vividly what life is like in America today, plenty of stories about cops shooting civilians but nothing on the top about civvies butchering cops in the USA.

Here ya go even if it is from 2011 - https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-15803860
While we're on the subject of not top posting about people in a certain line of work getting killed, why isn't there a top post for every soldier, sailor, airmen, or marine who is killed in the line of duty? When we let the silly right play this game of "why should I care about that when you don't care about this," then we either post about everything or we post about nothing.

Someone in government who's job description included "serve and protect" murdered someone. Yeah, we're going to post about that. The right can play whataboutism all day but it doesn't change the facts on the ground.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member

People on the fringe only care about deaths that they think go for their agenda.

Last year there were 19 deaths of unarmed white people by police. There were 9 of unarmed black people by police.

These numbers do show some racism by police because blacks make up only 15% of the population while whites make up 50%. I believe we all condemn this, I know I do.

But you don't see social media or riots over whites killed by police. Why? Because it doesn't help the fringe with their goal.

In the end its innocent lives that matter. Doesn't matter if you are black, white, yellow, red, or even orange.

We should all here at PJ be able to agree that what that police officer did was WRONG and he should be hung for it.

And we should all agree that looting only hurts those communities and have nothing to do with peaceful protests.

PNWest

People on the fringe only care about deaths that they think go for their agenda.

Last year there were 19 deaths of unarmed white people by police. There were 9 of unarmed black people by police.

These numbers do show some racism by police because blacks make up only 15% of the population while whites make up 50%. I believe we all condemn this, I know I do.

But you don't see social media or riots over whites killed by police. Why? Because it doesn't help the fringe with their goal.

In the end its innocent lives that matter. Doesn't matter if you are black, white, yellow, red, or even orange.

We should all here at PJ be able to agree that what that police officer did was WRONG and he should be hung for it.

And we should all agree that looting only hurts those communities and have nothing to do with peaceful protests.

Or because these types of incidents are happening so rarely against white victims and so often against black ones.

Completely agree with the rest of your comment.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Or because these types of incidents are happening so rarely against white victims and so often against black ones.

Completely agree with the rest of your comment.
I actually just put the stats in the post. 19 unarmed whites killed by police last year. 9 unarmed blacks.

PNWest

I actually just put the stats in the post. 19 unarmed whites killed by police last year. 9 unarmed blacks.
On a per capita basis black are over represented, whites underrepresented.

Mick

The Right is always right
4 out of every 100,000 arrests of a white person result in their death. That number is 3 out of 100,000 for black people.

You are living a lie.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Again read my post. That is exactly what I said. And then I condemned that as racism.

But the percentage difference is very small.

If 50% of your country is white and 19 of 28 were white that died unarmed by cop then that is 67% of the deaths while blacks represented 33% of the deaths.

If you go purely by the numbers the 9 black deaths should have been 4 deaths. So if you just go by math there were 5 racists deaths which actually sounds about accurate. 1 is too many but we aren't talking a huge difference and the numbers have only gotten better in the USA on these types of deaths not worse like the media is trying to portray.

Mick

Even this statistic is not an accurate representation. Blacks commit about 50% of all homicides and about 40% of all violent crime. This means they are in more violent arrests/interactions with police officers. Some of those are going to be fatal. Old ladies are involved in far fewer deaths at the hands of police then young men. Doesn't mean police hate men or have it in for young people. It has to do with the sheer number of violent interactions that occur. The fact that blacks represent such a low number of those deaths shows what a farce this whole fake movement is.

Even if the movement is fake I still support the right to lawfully and peacefully protest. That fact it i has gotten this far, violent, and accepted based upon a sheer lie makes me fear for the future of this nation.

Mick

Again read my post. That is exactly what I said. And then I condemned that as racism.

If 50% of your country is white and 19 of 28 were white that died unarmed by cop then that is 67% of the deaths while blacks represented 33% of the deaths.

If you go purely by the numbers the 9 black deaths should have been 4 deaths. So if you just go by math there were 5 racists deaths which actually sounds about accurate. 1 is too many but we aren't talking a huge difference and the numbers have only gotten better in the USA on these types of deaths not worse like the media is trying to portray.
Deaths should never be an exact representation of the population. It should be base upon violent crime/police interaction/arrest rates. If we demand that a portion of the population that commits 50% of all homicides only represent 12% of deaths at the hands of police or it's a racist conspiracy they we are forever lost. 50% should represent approximately 50%. It may vary some...and vary year to year. 50% should not routinely become 12%. Just like it should never be 75%. Ever.

PNWest

By you math there should have been 4 deaths and there were 9. Admittedly a small sample but probably significant given a lot of the video we've seen in recent years.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
By you math there should have been 4 deaths and there were 9. Admittedly a small sample but probably significant given a lot of the video we've seen in recent years.
This is the 3rd post where you responded the exact words that I put in the previous post?

Whats going on?

And mick is right, my math and your math doesn't take into account the number of violent interactions by race or probably better yet forget race and lets look at the stats by economic condition which is probably the real issue.

PNWest

This is the 3rd post where you responded the exact words that I put in the previous post?

Whats going on?

And mick is right, my math and your math doesn't take into account the number of violent interactions by race or probably better yet forget race and lets look at the stats by economic condition which is probably the real issue.

economic conditions probably have a lot to do with this I agree. None the less there is enough of a statistical variance to indicate that there is systematic racism going on within police departments in America.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
economic conditions probably have a lot to do with this I agree. None the less there is enough of a statistical variance to indicate that there is systematic racism going on within police departments in America.
Are people more or less likely to be in a violent interaction with police if they are of low economic standing?

If you answer yes they are. Then are some races more or less likely to be in low economic standing considering we hear about racial economic inequality all of the time?

So if the answer is again yes then by the stats they would have more unarmed deaths by police which are all tragic and shouldn't happen but do.

Finally, are the numbers of people killed by police going up or down even knowing the number of people in the USA is going up? The answer is these types of deaths are going down so it is getting better not worse. But definitely always room for improvement.

One talk show tonight mentioned police that get up to 30 reports on them from the public are still protected by their union and allowed to keep working without an investigation. If this is true this could be an area to change. The other area of change is to get people of low economic standing better training, jobs, and raise thus raise their income. This will lead to less violent interactions with police.

We need solutions and peaceful protests not riots.

PNWest

Are people more or less likely to be in a violent interaction with police if they are of low economic standing?

If you answer yes they are. Then are some races more or less likely to be in low economic standing considering we hear about racial economic inequality all of the time?

So if the answer is again yes then by the stats they would have more unarmed deaths by police which are all tragic and shouldn't happen but do.

Finally, are the numbers of people killed by police going up or down even knowing the number of people in the USA is going up? The answer is these types of deaths are going down so it is getting better not worse. But definitely always room for improvement.

One talk show tonight mentioned police that get up to 30 reports on them from the public are still protected by their union and allowed to keep working without an investigation. If this is true this could be an area to change.
Agree with all of that. My post here showed what happens when a citizen attempts to get a form to complain about the police - https://www.politicaljack.com/threads/and-you-wonder-why-people-dont-trust-the-police.133328/

Mick

Whats going on?

Yes, economic condition undoubtedly affect violent crime rates. The goal should be how to make conditions better in the black community. How do we lower crime rates? The answer to just blame cops in some mass conspiracy will never fix what ails it.