• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Why is atheism on the rise?

write on

Senator
"Conflating Trump Jr. with Christianity just doesn't make sense. It is like when @EatTheRich conflates a political system with capitalism. It is nonsensical."

Tell us again why trump marched and stood for a photo op raising a bible claiming "I am your new law and order president"

You're not good at critical thinking. You go for 'gotchas' thinking you're the smartest man on the planet.

trump would beg to differ.

EatTheRich

President
Generally speaking

1) Widespread wealth.

2) The pleasure of immorality.

3) Narcissism.

4) Anti-intellectualism

5) I'll reserve this one to myself.
Wouldn’t the things you mention tend to increase religiosity (assuming by “widespread wealth” you are referring to the actual situation of unprecedented amounts of wealth in the hands of an ever-diminishing segment of the population)?

God of War

Governor
Wouldn’t the things you mention tend to increase religiosity (assuming by “widespread wealth” you are referring to the actual situation of unprecedented amounts of wealth in the hands of an ever-diminishing segment of the population)?
Your envy and greed will be the end of you. ;0)

write on

Senator
Your envy and greed will be the end of you. ;0)
Are you familiar with purgatory?

What are your thoughts about non beli3v3rs ending up there?

You don't know anything about Christianity other than spouting your nonsense.

If there was a heaven and hell, I think that I would make it to heaven and you'd be cast down because of your hypocrisy and ill intent on those that aren't Christian.

Your god would.....

Your bullshit has been called!

Why does anyone need a god to be honorable?

write on

Senator
Again, tell us why Christianity is so righteous here in the good ol U.S of A.

write on

Senator
"He called the church Utah's largest nonprofit, saying that they have a responsibility to use its "more than $100 billion in assets" to do "more to help the world and its members." He noted that frequently the poor will give money to the Church "expecting the blessings of heaven. Instead, I think the church has exploited its members and their need for hope to build temples, build shopping malls, and cattle ranches… rather than alleviating human suffering in or out of the church."

Hmm, where have I read that before?

God of War

Governor
Are you familiar with purgatory?

What are your thoughts about non beli3v3rs ending up there?

You don't know anything about Christianity other than spouting your nonsense.

If there was a heaven and hell, I think that I would make it to heaven and you'd be cast down because of your hypocrisy and ill intent on those that aren't Christian.

Your god would.....

Your bullshit has been called!

Why does anyone need a god to be honorable?
You need to do your research and maybe end up in heaven after all. If your research goes well that is. You can start by knowing that the Bible is not a scientific textbook but rather a religious tome. Not only that it is not the true and inerrant word of God. It is the spiritually true and spiritually inerrant word of God. When you read it ask yourself what is the spiritual truth I'm supposed to hear. And don't read the Bible alone find other texts to read that explains it as you read it. Things that give historical context. Have maps on hand. People who have read the Bible as literature have learned a lot and so can you.

write on

Senator
You need to do your research and maybe end up in heaven after all. If your research goes well that is. You can start by knowing that the Bible is not a scientific textbook but rather a religious tome. Not only that it is not the true and inerrant word of God. It is the spiritually true and spiritually inerrant word of God. When you read it ask yourself what is the spiritual truth I'm supposed to hear. And don't read the Bible alone find other texts to read that explains it as you read it. Things that give historical context. Have maps on hand. People who have read the Bible as literature have learned a lot and so can you.
I'm one to get to the point.

My questions are why there needs to be a old and new testament of the bible?

Why are there verses and books Banned from the Bible?

The bible is an updated fairy-tale, as I mentioned early, used to influence the weak when skeptics like myself called out its writings.

write on

Senator
@write on I've got something for you. Please watch and let me know what you think.

I started watching the video with Prager just so I could try to understand where you're coming from, but when he said "In a secular world, there can only be opinions about morality", I ended watching right there because that's a lie. Prager has zero credibility. He's an idiot that feels at home in the trump cult.

If I, as an atheist, believe that morality doesn't come from a god, then where did I find mine?

In other words; If morality comes from a god, then why did he offer 'free will'?

Is that a god gotcha?

Last edited:

God of War

Governor
I started watching the video with Prager just so I could try to understand where you're coming from, but when he said "In a secular world, there can only be opinions about morality", I ended watching right there because that's a lie.
So you don't know why he said that?

Well, you had your chance and blew it. NPC you are.

write on

Senator
You're a non-player character who thinks he has morals.
You claiming that anyone that doesn't believe in a god has no morals.

What's hilarious about that is that you and your ilk think that they can sin willy nilly and get by with it and end up in a heaven just because they tout your belief in a god.

IOW, hypocrites.

Your type of people have zero morals.

God of War

Governor
You claiming that anyone that doesn't believe in a god has no morals.

What's hilarious about that is that you and your ilk think that they can sin willy nilly and get by with it and end up in a heaven just because they tout your belief in a god.

IOW, hypocrites.

Your type of people have zero morals.
You're a child.