• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Why isn't Lt. Col. Vindman being charged with treason...

Spamature

President
Translation: I put the "perhaps" in there because I know it's complete BS.
That revenue shortfall due to Bush's economic collapse were the primary and overwhelming contributor to the deficit Obama inherited.

It appears you ducked and dodged the point that you don't even remember what you were trying to duck and dodge in the first place.

D

Deleted member 21794

That revenue shortfall due to Bush's economic collapse were the primary and overwhelming contributor to the deficit Obama inherited.

It appears you ducked and dodged the point that you don't even remember what you were trying to duck and dodge in the first place.
What did Bush do to cause the financial collapse?

Spamature

President
What did Bush do to cause the financial collapse?
On his watch he allowed the largest criminal scheme ever to be perpetrated even though all 50 state AG's had sent him a letter protesting his inaction in dealing with the MASSIVE fraud as it was taking place. In addition to his admin allowing Wall Street banks to take on multiple times the leverage that was previously consider safe. And let's not just say he allowed it. He was its main cheerleader.

D

Deleted member 21794

On his watch he allowed the largest criminal scheme ever to be perpetrated even though all 50 state AG's had sent him a letter protesting his inaction in dealing with the MASSIVE fraud as it was taking place. In addition to his admin allowing Wall Street banks to take on multiple times the leverage that was previously consider safe. And let's not just say he allowed it. He was its main cheerleader.
Bill Clinton signed Gramm-Leach-Bliley. Oops!

Spamature

President
Bill Clinton signed Gramm-Leach-Bliley. Oops!
Bush was warned about the fraud and he was responsible for the soundness and safety of the GSE's. That bill was not a offer to nor did it give to Wall Street and the banking system the invitation to commit this fraud scheme.

That all came from Bush through his cheer leading and inaction.

Last edited:

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Why hasn't Trump been charged?
That's my question. If the charges against him are so clear cut, the charges write themselves. If we have to keep rehashing various perspectives of innuendo regarding his motivations (which we really have no way of knowing unless he tells us) then it, quite simply, isn't enough to impeach a POTUS. That would be my position whether this was President Trump or President Clinton. I think we all know your position would change if the sitting POTUS was Clinton and the Repubs were doing the persecution.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
That's my question. If the charges against him are so clear cut, the charges write themselves. If we have to keep rehashing various perspectives of innuendo regarding his motivations (which we really have no way of knowing unless he tells us) then it, quite simply, isn't enough to impeach a POTUS. That would be my position whether this was President Trump or President Clinton. I think we all know your position would change if the sitting POTUS was Clinton and the Repubs were doing the persecution.
The president was Clinton and the republicans tried.

Raoul_Luke

But he tried to withhold it, twice now, as well. Well it's only twice if you don't count the arm twisting Trump tried to do with the previous Ukraine administration.

Also Obama did provide them with military aid.

The United States provides substantial military assistance to Ukraine. In June 2019, the Department of Defense stated that the United States had provided $1.5 billion in total security (mostly military) assistance since the Ukraine conflict began in 2014(on average, about$300 million a year). U.S. military assistance to Ukraine has included, in part,foreign military financing (which reached $115 million in FY 2019), as well as emergency and reprogrammed aid during FY 2014 and FY 2015.

U.S. military assistance also includes the Department of Defense-managed Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative (P.L. 114-113, §9014), which Congress established in FY 2016. The Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative provides “appropriate security assistance and intelligence support” to support Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity and to help it defend against further aggression. From FY 2016 to FY 2019, Congress appropriated $850 million for this initiative

https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/R/R45008

So it was actually the Obama approved funds that Trump tried to withhold.
"Tried to withhold?" You mean he didn't withhold the aid until he got his investigation? Then what is he being impeached over?

Raoul_Luke

The president was Clinton and the republicans tried.
And I opposed that effort (against Clinton, who I supported), precisely because of the obvious over-reach. As I am doing now (with Trump, who I do not support). See? That's what honesty looks like. You should try it sometime...

Spamature

President
"Tried to withhold?" You mean he didn't withhold the aid until he got his investigation? Then what is he being impeached over?
You can "try to rob a bank". The success or lack there of in that endeavor has no bearing on whether or not you broke the law.

D

Deleted member 21794

You can "try to rob a bank". The success or lack there of in that endeavor has no bearing on whether or not you broke the law.
So "trying" to withhold funding is equivalent to attempted bank robbery? My god man, get some professional help.

D

Deleted member 21794

When it's at the center of a bribery scheme ? Yes, it is comparable, yes indeed.
There's no bribery scheme. There was an extortion scheme, but we still don't know if Biden is going to get away with it.

Spamature

President
There's no bribery scheme. There was an extortion scheme, but we still don't know if Biden is going to get away with it.
Witnesses say Trump was only interested in the investigation and his call from Sonland in the restaurant with two other witnesses proves that to be true.

D

Deleted member 21794

Witnesses say Trump was only interested in the investigation and his call from Sonland in the restaurant with two other witnesses proves that to be true.
Yeah, I heard about that. Someone claims they heard Trump speaking on the phone- with other patrons and the Secret Service all around him.

You people will believe literally ANYTHING bad said about Trump.