• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Why Not Just Embrace Our Differences?

Jen

Senator
This is a good article about the differences between black people and white people.

One part that struck home to me was this:

How blacks feel about whites
It’s hard to blame blacks for thinking of whites as phony. Especially since few whites feel comfortable enough around blacks to say what’s really on their minds anyway.
I've always felt comfortable around black people, or brown people, or Asians, or Native Americans -- especially since there are representatives of all of those in my family. But I realize that might not be true for all white people. Maybe black people should help whitey be more comfortable? And face it.......... white people can be pretty phony sometimes (though not always, of course).

Maybe we all need to embrace our differences. This article reminded me of my black friends and my times of going to black churches........ Good memories that made me smile.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
I hate these type articles. All I see is another human being first. Cultural differences are way down on my list.

Jen

Senator
I hate these type articles. All I see is another human being first. Cultural differences are way down on my list.
I've moved around a lot and experienced culture shock many times. When I was a kid we had visitors in our home from Muslims to legal and illegal immigrants from various countries. So as a result, I enjoy watching the intricacies of different cultural behavior. This article was more interesting than most on that topic.