• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Why "People Will Die" Lines are Stupid

Mr. Friscus

Governor
Bill De Blasio (March 20th): “If the president doesn’t act within days to maximize production, to get surgical masks, if he doesn’t mobilize the US military, people will die,” said de Blasio.

Well Bill, if you don't outlaw driving cars at this very moment, "people will die" Actually, its a biological certainty that "people will die" due to cell death over time.

Doomsday fear-mongering gets people nowhere. "People will die" in life, that's why it's so precious. It's odd how COVID 19 Deaths matter (ones that you think Trump is to blame for), but other deaths don't.

What about those other people Bill?

Maybe the existence of human death shouldn't be the basis of your argument Bill... it makes you look rather.. unintelligent.

Bill De Blasio (March 20th): “If the president doesn’t act within days to maximize production, to get surgical masks, if he doesn’t mobilize the US military, people will die,” said de Blasio.

Well Bill, if you don't outlaw driving cars at this very moment, "people will die" Actually, its a biological certainty that "people will die" due to cell death over time.

Doomsday fear-mongering gets people nowhere. "People will die" in life, that's why it's so precious. It's odd how COVID 19 Deaths matter (ones that you think Trump is to blame for), but other deaths don't.

What about those other people Bill?

Maybe the existence of human death shouldn't be the basis of your argument Bill... it makes you look rather.. unintelligent.
Would you have prefered Deblasio said, "If the president doesn’t act within days to maximize production, to get surgical masks, if he doesn’t mobilize the US military, people will die, (from the corona virus)”

Would that level of precision made of difference for you?

Mr. Friscus

Governor
Would you have prefered Deblasio said, "If the president doesn’t act within days to maximize production, to get surgical masks, if he doesn’t mobilize the US military, people will die, (from the corona virus)”

Would that level of precision made of difference for you?
If I were a responsible Bill Deblasio.. I would have said.

"We're all in a tough position here, but I think that we can prevent excessive death from Coronavirus if the president acts to maximize production, get surgical masks, and mobilize the military"

That's responsible, respectable political rhetoric

That's a HUGE difference from what he said.

A. As I already stated, "people will die" regardless of what we do.
B. Coronavirus deaths will also inevitably happen. What we want to do is prevent as many as possible, but that's not how he framed it at all.

He gave a status quo doomsday line which scares and mildly terrorizes the populace, and he made it either/or and entirely political. It's just yet another example of irresponsible leadership at a pivotal time.

He also completely passed the buck of his HIGH numbers of infection on Trump, as if he in his position of power could do absolutely nothing. Talk about a motivational leader...