• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Why republicans are idiots.

D

Deleted member 21794

Misguided is a better word. They believe everything their pundits tell them.
So you didn't believe everyone could keep their own doctor, could keep their own plan and that every family would save $2,500 per year?

Just who is it that believes whatever they're told?

Lukey

Senator
Go check out the income statements from hospitals. They're profits are skyrocketing since Obamacare, especially in states where it is fully implemented. theoretically competition will force them to start looking at taking a smaller profit margin.
There is only competition in free markets. Health care in America was not free market even before Obamacare (and less so now).

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Ted Cruz's goal was to repeal was Obamacare. His chosen tactic: shut down the government. it didn't work, he failed at repealing Obamacare. his tactics failed to produce the result he wanted. Why are they stuck on these failing tactics? Are they just too stupid or weak to come up with a plan that will achieve their goals?
They know what they are against, apparently they just don't know what it is they are for most of the time.
Good description in meme, it suits them.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Why would the GOP have to change tactics, they have both houses of Congress. PPACA is not necessarily popular with right leaning voters. Unless someone can prove otherwise those voters may be telling their reps to continue repealing PPACA.
I can't figure out why Republicans would believe that they could repeal ObamaCare....when it's an impossibility. have you figured out their thinking on this?

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Why do you think I believe what Republicans say? That would be like believing Obama when he said he'd save the average American family $2,500 per year on health care. Who would be so stupid that they'd believe dishonest Ds and Rs?
if that's so, you should've told your fellow Republicans that they were being lied to.there was no way ObamaCare was going to be repealed. it's as if the Republican base is ignorant of how our govt works. you know, as it's described in our Constitution.

Jets

Conservative Pragmatist
I can't figure out why Republicans would believe that they could repeal ObamaCare....when it's an impossibility. have you figured out their thinking on this?
Lets define what we mean here. If the GOP takes the Presidency and Congress passes a vote to repeal PPACA, it COULD happen. If you want to argue that it would not be politically savvy to do,(without a viable alternative) I would agree. In politics, attitudes are more important than facts. Whether it is repealed or not makes no difference. Talking about it first and foremost tends to placate the electorate. Getting re-elected and beating the other party is ALL that matters.

IMHO of course...

D

Deleted member 21794

if that's so, you should've told your fellow Republicans that they were being lied to.there was no way ObamaCare was going to be repealed. it's as if the Republican base is ignorant of how our govt works. you know, as it's described in our Constitution.
Fellow Republicans? I vote Libertarian. The GOP is full of clowns and led by clowns. In other words, they're just like the Democratic Party. Now once you have informed your fellow Democrats of the numerous lies Obama told to sell ObamaScam, let me know.

D

Deleted member 21794

It's called making a principled stand. You wouldn't get such a thing. That said, after a few votes, they just engaged in silliness all the way up to 50 or however many votes it was.

worldlymrb

Revenge
healthcare is always going to regulated. in a completely unregulated free market, you would be free to go to a quack who will prescribe you Heroin to cure your alcoholism.
When a bankrupt government that is above the law is in charge of your health, once you stop paying taxes and want to collect your SSI/Medicare/Pension benefits, they will give you 6 months to live. Or, if want access to your 2nd amendment right, will declare you insane.

D

Deleted member 21794

healthcare is always going to regulated. in a completely unregulated free market, you would be free to go to a quack who will prescribe you Heroin to cure your alcoholism.
So what's it to you if someone cures their alcoholism with heroin?

This is simply false. By forcing new buyers into the insurance market, and penalizing them if they do not enter that market, Obamacare affects demand. And where there is additional demand for a finite resource, prices increase (which in fact has happened steadily since Obamacare debuted).

It does not "lower the price curve" because people who were not using health care services before are using them now -- this drives prices UP, not DOWN, and anyone would predict after a first-level economics course. Even without that prediction, simple observation would show you that, right now today, the mechanism is increasing prices. "Eventually" ? Yes, a bar I used to go to had a sign on the backbar offering "Free beer tomorrow." Tomorrow is always a day away.
Your Econ 101 reasoning may be a bit simplistic in this case, Trapdoor:

http://www.economist.com/news/unite...are-spending-slowing-will-obamacare-cut-costs

The free market fundamentalists think that quacks should be allowed to freely operate. Hey, if you want to hang up a shingle saying:

Brane surjery dun dert cheep! Know ensurance kneeded!!

Go for it!

That's what the free market fundamentalists would say.....

D

Deleted member 21794

Your Econ 101 reasoning may be a bit simplistic in this case, Trapdoor:

http://www.economist.com/news/unite...are-spending-slowing-will-obamacare-cut-costs
So basically The Economist states as fact the Obama economy IS a cause of health care costs rising slowly (as opposed to being reduced by $2,500 per family) but only give a "may" when it comes to crediting ObamaScam:

"In 2013 the share of GDP devoted to health care was the same as it was in 2009. Some of this is due to the recession and its aftermath—when Americans lose their jobs, they often lose their health insurance, too. But the Affordable Care Act of 2010, better known as Obamacare, may also have helped to curb costs."

D

Deleted member 21794

Could make a limerick out of this:

There once was a doctor named Quack
Who cured all his patients with smack;
Although some did complain,
It did ease their pain,
And kept them coming right back!
What's it to you if people use drugs?

So basically The Economist states as fact the Obama economy IS a cause of health care costs rising slowly (as opposed to being reduced by $2,500 per family) but only give a "may" when it comes to crediting ObamaScam:

"In 2013 the share of GDP devoted to health care was the same as it was in 2009. Some of this is due to the recession and its aftermath—when Americans lose their jobs, they often lose their health insurance, too. But the Affordable Care Act of 2010, better known as Obamacare, may also have helped to curb costs."
Yeah. Take careful note of that last sentence. It directly contradicts Trapdoor's claim that the ACA cannot possibly help to curb costs.....Which is WHY I posted it to him.

Oh, and if you think I'm gonna defend Obama's statement that the ACA would save each family $2500 per year, you're sadly mistaken. I think it was a VERY unwise thing to say, and kind of analogous to when he and some of his advisers in early 2009 promised that the stimulus plan would prevent unemployment from going over 8%. That, too, was a very unwise thing to say.....