• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Why republicans are idiots.

MaryAnne

Governor
The company says it will be fine now moving forward! What else does one need????

ROFLMAO!!!!
Is that what I posted? I said," The problems of the last three years are over and your benefits will be even better." Nothing was said in the letter about their profits.

I did say in they have adjusted to spending 85% of their profits and are fine.

Republicans used that scare tactic about MA. I attended several meetings and watched many scared people who thought they would lode their MA.

Medicare only pays 80%. Thus the need for MA. Shame on Republicans who scared old people. It was a lie.

D

Deleted member 21794

Is that what I posted? I said," The problems of the last three years are over and your benefits will be even better." Nothing was said in the letter about their profits.

I did say in they have adjusted to spending 85% of their profits and are fine.

Republicans used that scare tactic about MA. I attended several meetings and watched many scared people who thought they would lode their MA.

Medicare only pays 80%. Thus the need for MA. Shame on Republicans who scared old people. It was a lie.
Why are you bringing up profits? As a diversion? But yes, I'm sure you're right- Obama cutting $500,000,000,000 from Medicare won't affect anyone at all! :rolleyes:

MaryAnne

Governor
And has Obama accumulated more debt than any president in history?

Yes or no?
How many times do I have to say the wars fought off budget now have to be paid off.? Along with Bush cutting taxes.

Clinton balanced the budget after Reagan and Bush. Obama had much more,including the worst recession since the Great Depression.

There does come a point when you have to pay the bills.

D

Deleted member 21794

How many times do I have to say the wars fought off budget now have to be paid off.? Along with Bush cutting taxes.

Clinton balanced the budget after Reagan and Bush. Obama had much more,including the worst recession since the Great Depression.

There does come a point when you have to pay the bills.
Is that a yes or a no?

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
You have not debunked anything. You just post silly names. That is boring. I have yet to see one fact in your posts.
the "Stinker" wouldn't a fact if it him in his fat ass...Just recycled GOP/Tea Party Boiler plate non sense

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I'm not saying pass no plan...but how about a bipartisan one that works for far more people and was honest about where the funding would come from.
Was that too much to ask for?
The "all or nothing" welfare-based fraud Obama sold America was poorly constructed, terribly implemented, and going to be a lingering drain to the economy and as a bonus further damaged government's credibility with the masses.
Talk to your republican congressman about what he contributed to the ACA. The republicans had decided they wouldn't vote for it, but they certainly did amend it. They changed it from a single payer into one where insurance companies were the providers.

It could have been bipartisan....the republicans were the problem.

Now...tell me about the republican plan that they tried to pass while they were in charge? Oh....there wasn't one? I have no doubt that the "repeal and replace" stuff the repubs try to sell is long on repeal and short on replace.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
What I have to say to the millions of moochers now on Medicaid (that's the majority of the newly insured): pay for your own coverage like the rest of us.

Preexisting conditions: I'm cool with that.

Keeping kids on their parents' coverage until age 26: an obvious sign of economic FAILURE by the Obama cartel.

Lifetime limits: I preferred having a low one. I no longer have that choice.

Ownership of ObamaScam: 100% Democrat.
1. "pay for your own coverage"? Really? So you pay 100% of your premium? Not if you have an employer provided plan. I have one. I pay 1/3rd. Who pays the rest? Our customers pay the most and the rest comes from tax deductions....

2. The republicans did force some changes....why do you think it isn't single payer?

3. Obama's economy is a failure? No kidding. Is Obama's economy losing 750,000 jobs per month? Is his economy declining by nearly 9% gdp in one year? I'd say recovering from the economy of 2006-2009 is an arduous process and is still underway.

Let me tell you about "pre-existing" conditions. Your understanding of the term is based on the misinformation fed you by the RNC.

My wife and I had had insurance through our employer for years...she for 20 years...same employer, same insurance (Aetna). I worked for the company for 11 years, left their employ on Monday, started my new job the following Monday. By this time she had been diagnosed with cystic fibrosis in 2003, it was now 2005. By that Monday she was in the ICU. At the end of the first week I got a call from the hospital. I needed to come down with a check for something like $20,000 to cover her ICU tab. The reason? My "new" insurance company was refusing to cover her due to a "pre-existing" condition. Funny thing...my new insurance company..."Aetna". It took a lawyer to threaten them with a lawsuit to get them to agree to cover her....but not before they tried to use recission....they said she had lied by not telling them she was suffering from CF. How in hell they could claim they didn't know is pretty amazing since they'd been paying her bills for 5 years.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21794

1. "pay for your own coverage"? Really? So you pay 100% of your premium? Not if you have an employer provided plan. I have one. I pay 1/3rd. Who pays the rest? Our customers pay the most and the rest comes from tax deductions....
This is one of the problems, the "somebody else will pay" concept. Any time someone else is responsible for something, the consumer will care less about the cost. Basic logic.

2. The republicans did force some changes....why do you think it isn't single payer?
ObamaScam was passed without a single Republican vote. Besides that, I doubt Obama could have gotten enough Democrats to go for a complete takeover.

3. Obama's economy is a failure? No kidding. Is Obama's economy losing 750,000 jobs per month? Is his economy declining by nearly 9% gdp in one year? I'd say recovering from the economy of 2006-2009 is an arduous process and is still underway.
Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush

middleview

President
Supporting Member
This is one of the problems, the "somebody else will pay" concept. Any time someone else is responsible for something, the consumer will care less about the cost. Basic logic.

ObamaScam was passed without a single Republican vote. Besides that, I doubt Obama could have gotten enough Democrats to go for a complete takeover.

Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush
It probably would be a good idea to rebuild the system from the ground up....do away with employer tax breaks. Let people buy their own policies. Let insurance companies present to the employees of a company and while the company can organize those presentations, let the employees decide.

Yes, there was not a single republican vote....but there are a number of amendments to the bill that came from republicans. Too bad they were playing a political game and not trying to help build a better mousetrap.

I noticed you cannot defend the economy that Obama inherited....instead you hide behind an attempt to make it all about me not liking Bush.

Were we losing 750,000 jobs per month in 2008?
Have we been losing jobs in the last 5 years?
Did the GDP drop by almost 9% in 2008?
Did the DJIA drop by 50% in 2008/2009?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Why are you bringing up profits? As a diversion? But yes, I'm sure you're right- Obama cutting $500,000,000,000 from Medicare won't affect anyone at all! :rolleyes:
Puleeze do yourself a favor and figure out how the money was moved from one place to another...no benefits were cut.

Dino

Russian Asset
Talk to your republican congressman about what he contributed to the ACA. The republicans had decided they wouldn't vote for it, but they certainly did amend it. They changed it from a single payer into one where insurance companies were the providers.

It could have been bipartisan....the republicans were the problem.

Now...tell me about the republican plan that they tried to pass while they were in charge? Oh....there wasn't one? I have no doubt that the "repeal and replace" stuff the repubs try to sell is long on repeal and short on replace.
Au contraire. Look up "ObamaCare alternatives". Not like the senate would ever vote on one.
Convenient definition of "bipartisanship" when you wish to imagine it.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Au contraire. Look up "ObamaCare alternatives". Not like the senate would ever vote on one.
Convenient definition of "bipartisanship" when you wish to imagine it.
Please list the alternative plans the republicans tried to pass from 1996 to now...please use the box below.

upload_2015-10-15_17-35-48.png

middleview

President
Supporting Member

Jets

Conservative Pragmatist
with the 50+ votes taken by the House to repeal ObamaCare, the Republican base was led to believe that it could be done while Obama was still president. you give the Republican base too much credit. they're angry as hell because they thought the House and Senate could overturn Obama's policies....even while he was still in office. Boehner admitted that his caucus lied to the base. now if the repub base understood how govt functioned, they wouldn't have been so easily duped.
Again, attitudes are more important than facts. The hard right base will NEVER support the democratic candidate. It doesn't matter if PPACA is ever repealed, as long as the GOP reps keep talking the talk. Nearly everyone knows that taxes almost never get lowered but it doesn't change the FACT that they still do not want anyone saying they will raise them. More often than not people would rather be lied to and told what they want to hear.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Again, attitudes are more important than facts. The hard right base will NEVER support the democratic candidate. It doesn't matter if PPACA is ever repealed, as long as the GOP reps keep talking the talk. Nearly everyone knows that taxes almost never get lowered but it doesn't change the FACT that they still do not want anyone saying they will raise them. More often than not people would rather be lied to and told what they want to hear.
I guess your point is that republicans prefer being lied to. if true, that doesn't explain why they're so angry at their own party.

Jets

Conservative Pragmatist
I guess your point is that republicans prefer being lied to. if true, that doesn't explain why they're so angry at their own party.
The point is two fold. The GOP base is furious with its own party for not getting items passed and signed into law. That said, The GOP reps know that as angry as the voters get, they will not vote for the other party. With that in mind it gives them little or no motivation to do anything but tell them what they want to hear. What is their fear, worse comes to worse another GOP candidate will step in to replace the one they are furious at. Either way the party stays in power which is what matters.

Make sense?

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
The point is two fold. The GOP base is furious with its own party for not getting items passed and signed into law. That said, The GOP reps know that as angry as the voters get, they will not vote for the other party. With that in mind it gives them little or no motivation to do anything but tell them what they want to hear. What is their fear, worse comes to worse another GOP candidate will step in to replace the one they are furious at. Either way the party stays in power which is what matters.

Make sense?
"The GOP base is furious with its own party for not getting items passed and signed into law."
--> what the GOP base wanted was never going to happen.

"they will continue to tell them what they want to hear."
--> the GOP base must not be smart enough to realize when they've been misled, duped.

the GOP is imploding and turning itself into a regional party. it's not really "staying in power" when you can't win the presidency.

Jets

Conservative Pragmatist
"The GOP base is furious with its own party for not getting items passed and signed into law."
--> what the GOP base wanted was never going to happen.

"they will continue to tell them what they want to hear."
--> the GOP base must not be smart enough to realize when they've been misled, duped.

the GOP is imploding and turning itself into a regional party. it's not really "staying in power" when you can't win the presidency.
Let's revisit this when the Democratic Party has both Congress and the WH. Until then it won't make much difference. The GOP still has Congress and it doesn't matter why or how dumb the electorate may be.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Let's revisit this when the Democratic Party has both Congress and the WH. Until then it won't make much difference. The GOP still has Congress and it doesn't matter why or how dumb the electorate may be.
Turns out it's not a positive for the Republicans to hold both the House and the Senate.

There's a Democratic firewall in the Senate.

And we're witness to the fact that House Republicans can't govern.
They can't govern the country.
They can't govern themselves.