• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Why republicans are idiots.

Republicans are not idiots, they are cultists, they belong to a religion, a tribe, a sect. They are impervious to change. They refuse new evidence, listen only to themselves, fear the other, hate their enemies, mythologize their past and pretend they are special. Every society in history had these kinds of people, they will not go away but they can be marginalized.

My wife and I had had insurance through our employer for years...she for 20 years...same employer, same insurance (Aetna). I worked for the company for 11 years, left their employ on Monday, started my new job the following Monday. By this time she had been diagnosed with cystic fibrosis in 2003, it was now 2005. By that Monday she was in the ICU. At the end of the first week I got a call from the hospital. I needed to come down with a check for something like $20,000 to cover her ICU tab. The reason? My "new" insurance company was refusing to cover her due to a "pre-existing" condition. Funny thing...my new insurance company..."Aetna". It took a lawyer to threaten them with a lawsuit to get them to agree to cover her....but not before they tried to use recission....they said she had lied by not telling them she was suffering from CF. How in hell they could claim they didn't know is pretty amazing since they'd been paying her bills for 5 years.
The Thinker is in denial that insurance companies would EVER do such a thing. They are all magnanimous organizations that have only the best interests of their policyholders in their hearts and minds, don't you know? I am deeply surprised that The Thinker has not already called you a liar on this issue.

Very sorry to hear about your wife, Middleview.....

middleview

President
Supporting Member
The Thinker is in denial that insurance companies would EVER do such a thing. They are all magnanimous organizations that have only the best interests of their policyholders in their hearts and minds, don't you know? I am deeply surprised that The Thinker has not already called you a liar on this issue.

That was 2005. She passed away in 2008. What the insurance company rep did was provide a learning experience for me, but without my employer's legal help we'd have been bankrupted, even though we had complied with all the rules and had maintained insurance for our entire lives...

Thanks for the kind thought.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Why do certain people have no problem with calling Republicans idiots, but they have a complete meltdown over calling Hillary "cankles"?

D

Deleted member 21794

Wow, you sure do think you can read my mind for some reason. The problem is you're rarely if ever right.