• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Will there be a Civil War in America?

I have been just about everywhere in Texas. Other than Austin, the richest parts of Dallas and Houston, the rest of it is a shit hole. They are very proud of their shit holes though. I have yet to see one single thing in Texas that can compare to countless spots anywhere in the West. Not one single thing. I take that back, the Big Bend is spectacular. That's it folks. The hill country? Nothing special, its only special compared to the rest of the state which says nothing. I drove from Great Falls Montana to Missoula last month. Every mile of it is more spectacular than anything in Texas. The west is filled with drives like that one, drives of every type of scenery you can imagine. I met a Texan once that said his favorite place in California was Bakersfield. He said it reminded him of Texas. That was the most honest thing I have ever heard a Texan say.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
I have been just about everywhere in Texas. Other than Austin, the richest parts of Dallas and Houston, the rest of it is a shit hole. They are very proud of their shit holes though. I have yet to see one single thing in Texas that can compare to countless spots anywhere in the West. Not one single thing. I take that back, the Big Bend is spectacular. That's it folks. The hill country? Nothing special, its only special compared to the rest of the state which says nothing. I drove from Great Falls Montana to Missoula last month. Every mile of it is more spectacular than anything in Texas. The west is filled with drives like that one, drives of every type of scenery you can imagine. I met a Texan once that said his favorite place in California was Bakersfield. He said it reminded him of Texas. That was the most honest thing I have ever heard a Texan say.
Californ is just another shithole state
Hell they even have shit trackers on an app.

freyasman

Senator
My life is pretty damn good.

I'd say I'm sorry yours sucks, but to be honest I really don't give a shit.
My life doesn't suck by any means, and I intend to keep it that way. More importantly, I am doing what I can to ensure my grandchildren's lives don't suck anymore than necessary..... and pretending everything is just fine and there is absolutely nothing to be concerned about in this country (eyeroll) is not a good way to do that.

(And I honestly don't care how your life is going either.)

freyasman

Senator
There's some beautiful country out west, no doubt.... but isn't most of it owned by the US government?

guvnah

Dilly Dilly!
My life doesn't suck by any means, and I intend to keep it that way. More importantly, I am doing what I can to ensure my grandchildren's lives don't suck anymore than necessary..... and pretending everything is just fine and there is absolutely nothing to be concerned about in this country (eyeroll) is not a good way to do that.

(And I honestly don't care how your life is going either.)
lol

There’s no rule that says curmudgeonly geezers necessarily have to believe the world is going to hell in a hand basket.

guvnah

Dilly Dilly!
The key element that made The Civil War even possible was that the military split.

So my question to those who believe we’re on the brink of another civil war, is how do you envision the military splitting, thus giving both sides a fighting chance? Because if they don’t split, then it would be less like the Civil War and more like Shay’s Rebellion.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
The key element that made The Civil War even possible was that the military split.

So my question to those who believe we’re on the brink of another civil war, is how do you envision the military splitting, thus giving both sides a fighting chance? Because if they don’t split, then it would be less like the Civil War and more like Shay’s Rebellion.
Actually, the Guard makes up a large percentage of the military
Which is at the discretion of the state Governors.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/232330/us-military-force-numbers-by-service-branch-and-reserve-component/

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
You said federal, not me.

And you still didn’t answer the question.
Dodge away
1.Who were you thinking controlled the military?
"The key element that made The Civil War even possible was that the military split."
If the governors recall their guards there is your military split.
And yes I did answer your question it's not my fault you failed to comprehend the results.

guvnah

Dilly Dilly!
Dodge away
1.Who were you thinking controlled the military?
"The key element that made The Civil War even possible was that the military split."
If the governors recall their guards there is your military split.
And yes I did answer your question it's not my fault you failed to comprehend the results.
At the very least your answer is incomplete.

Are you saying it’d be state run military vs federal or are you saying it’ll be red states vs blue states? And if it’s the latter, how would the federally controlled military split?

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
At the very least your answer is incomplete.

Are you saying it’d be state run military vs federal or are you saying it’ll be red states vs blue states? And if it’s the latter, how would the federally controlled military split?
you are trying to conflate a simple answer
"The key element that made The Civil War even possible was that the military split"
Your military split would be the governors recalling their guard.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
No. I’m simply exploring the topic further.

I’m trying to understand how a civil war might actually come to pass. I would have thought someone who believed one was imminent might have actually thought it through.
It's called moving the goal post I'm not speculating on something that hasn't happened yet.
I helped you with the issue you had.

guvnah

Dilly Dilly!
It's called moving the goal post I'm not speculating on something that hasn't happened yet.
I helped you with the issue you had.
My mistake.

I was under the impression you believed we were on the brink of a civil war.

Now that I know that you don’t, all that’s left to say is I agree.