• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Will there be a Civil War in America?

guvnah

Dilly Dilly!
The key element that made The Civil War even possible was that the military split.

So my question to those who believe we’re on the brink of another civil war, is how do you envision the military splitting, thus giving both sides a fighting chance? Because if they don’t split, then it would be less like the Civil War and more like Shay’s Rebellion.
Sheepdog attempted to answer this question and in the process realized he doesn’t actually believe we’re on the brink of a civil war.

So for those who do and are interested in exploring the idea, what say you?

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
Sheepdog attempted to answer this question and in the process realized he doesn’t actually believe we’re on the brink of a civil war.

So for those who do and are interested in exploring the idea, what say you?
It wasn't an attempt
I did help you find the solution to your query about the military split.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
You didn’t address which side they would take. You know, the important part.

But it’s ok, let someone with the courage of their convictions give it a try.
No, I address the issue you had with the military split
The rest would be speculation because it hasn't happened yet.

There's some beautiful country out west, no doubt.... but isn't most of it owned by the US government?
Yes and that is likely why it remains beautiful. Texas is almost 90% privately held. Geography was cruel to poor Texas, even the Comanches weren't that fond of it preferring to hang out in NM and OK. Sure you had some tribes willing to bore themselves silly in the rest of Texas but they were killed off pretty early. I only pick on Texas because they are so arrogantly Texan. If they just shut up about Texas and humbled themselves a bit I would pity them. But no. There are Lone Stars on the struts holding up overpasses, you cannot escape that thing, they plaster it on everything.

For example, I love George Strait. His voice is wonderful, a Frank Sinatra crooner for country music, a stand up guy, good looking and a great representative of Texas. Well, before I actually saw most of Texas I had this vision of it from his songs and other songs from other artists. One of them was Amarillo by morning...I had this vision of a cowboy heading to Amarillo to ride the rodeo and said to myself, I have to see Amarillo. Well, I saw Amarillo and its a shithole. Even the Cadillac ranch is a shithole. Then I went to Lubbock wondering why Bobby Knight went there, another shithole but first I had to pass through Mule Shoe and Hereford, they both have more cow shit then Carter has pills. So I drove down to Abilene thinking of John Wayne, boy was that a shithole. Driving yet again I see the famous Hill Country. A bunch of low hills, all rocks and scrub brush, hotter then hell, dry and dusty, basically nothing much but OK, there are some low hills. Finally I get to San Antone, another George Strait location. Went to the riverwalk, a slow river of brown water filled with plastic, beer cups and vomit. At least La Grange was nice, looked like Mayberry RFD with a whorehouse.

Last edited:

freyasman

Senator
lol

There’s no rule that says curmudgeonly geezers necessarily have to believe the world is going to hell in a hand basket.
That's true; there's not...... but isn't it interesting how so many people, upon reaching a certain level of maturity and worldly experience, all come to the same conclusion?:cool:

freyasman

Senator
Yes and that is likely why it remains beautiful. Texas is almost 90% privately held. Geography was cruel to poor Texas, even the Comanches weren't that fond of it preferring to hang out in NM and OK. Sure you had some tribes willing to bore themselves silly in the rest of Texas but they were killed off pretty early. I only pick on Texas because they are so arrogantly Texan. If they just shut up about Texas and humbled themselves a bit I would pity them. But no. There are Lone Stars on the struts holding up overpasses, you cannot escape that thing, they plaster it on everything.

For example, I love George Strait. His voice is wonderful, a Frank Sinatra crooner for country music, a stand up guy, good looking and a great representative of Texas. Well, before I actually saw most of Texas I had this vision of it from his songs and other songs from other artists. One of them was Amarillo by morning...I had this vision of a cowboy heading to Amarillo to ride the rodeo and said to myself, I have to see Amarillo. Well, I saw Amarillo and its a shithole. Even the Cadillac ranch is a shithole. Then I went to Lubbock wondering why Bobby Knight went there, another shithole but first I had to pass through Mule Shoe and Hereford, they both have more cow shit then Carter has pills. So I drove down to Abilene thinking of John Wayne, boy was that a shithole. Driving yet again I see the famous Hill Country. A bunch of low hills, all rocks and scrub brush, hotter then hell, dry and dusty, basically nothing much but OK, there are some low hills. Finally I get to San Antone, another George Strait location. Went to the riverwalk, a slow river of brown water filled with plastic, beer cups and vomit. At least La Grange was nice, looked like Mayberry RFD with a whorehouse.
George Strait huh? I'm more of a Kinky Friedman guy myself...

guvnah

Dilly Dilly!
That's true; there's not...... but isn't it interesting how so many people, upon reaching a certain level of maturity and worldly experience, all come to the same conclusion?:cool:
Yes.

And isn’t it also interesting that throughout history they’ve been wrong every time?

freyasman

Senator
Yes.

And isn’t it also interesting that throughout history they’ve been wrong every time?
Have they?
https://medium.com/s/story/the-surprisingly-solid-mathematical-case-of-the-tin-foil-hat-gun-prepper-15fce7d10437
From the link;
"Russia has had a two world wars, a civil war, a revolution, and at least half a dozen uprisings, depending on how you want to count them. Depending on when you start the clock, France had a 30-year war, a seven-year war, a particularly nasty revolution, a counter-revolution, that Napoleon thing, and a couple of world wars tacked on the end. China, North Korea, Vietnam, and basically most of the Pacific Rim has had some flavor of violent revolution in the last 100 years, sometimes more than one. With Africa, it’s hard to even conceive where to start and end the data points. Most Central and South American countries have had significant qualifying events in the time span. And honestly, if we were to widen our analysis to not only include nationwide violent civil wars, but also instances of slavery, internment, and taking of native lands, our own numbers go way up.

Or we could look at a modern snapshot. Counting places like the Vatican, we have 195 countries on the planet today. Somalia is basically in perpetual war, Syria is a hot mess with no signs of mitigation any time soon, Iraq is sketchy, Afghanistan has been in some flavor of civil war or occupation my entire life outside the salad days of the Taliban, and Libya is in such deep throes of anarchy that they’ve reinvented the African slave trade. Venezuela. The Israeli-Palestinian conflict may be a qualifying event depending on how you define it. And again, Africa is … hard to even conceive of where to start. Spitballing, perhaps 3% of the nations in the modern world are in some version of violent revolt against the ruling government, some worse than others. There’s at least some case to be made that our 0.5% annual chance estimate may be low, if we’re looking at comps.

Or we could look at a broader historical brush. Since the fall of Constantinople in 1453, there have been 465 sovereign nations which no longer exist, and that doesn’t even count colonies, secessionist states, or annexed countries. Even if we presume that half of these nation-state transitions were peaceful, which is probably a vast over-estimation, that’s still an average of one violent state transition every 2.43 years.

If we look at raw dialectic alone, we reach dismal conclusions. “Do you think the United States will exist forever and until the end of time?” Clearly any reasonable answer must be “no.” So at that point, we’re not talking “if,” but “when.” If you don’t believe my presumed probability, cook up your own, based on whatever givens and data pool you’d like, and plug it in. The equations are right up there. Steelman my argument in whatever way you like, and the answer will still probably scare you."

freyasman

Senator

I gotta admit, the fall colors in California are impressive, lol. ;)

freyasman

Senator
Does this work for you on Townhall? When you get to this point we both know you got nothing.
My point is that every place has it's issues. I've driven through California, and I remember thinking; "So this is why they all rave about it..." especially when I was going through the northern half of the state.
But Texas has it's own beauty, and if you can't see and appreciate that, well, no one is forcing you to stay here or even visit.

My point is that every place has it's issues. I've driven through California, and I remember thinking; "So this is why they all rave about it..." especially when I was going through the northern half of the state.
But Texas has it's own beauty, and if you can't see and appreciate that, well, no one is forcing you to stay here or even visit.
You drove through the northern part of California and was not impressed? My lord, where were you? Mt Lassen and Shasta dominate the horizon just about everywhere. Orchards abound, rivers full of fish, farms growing everything you can imagine. On the coast, big mountains, sequoias, rugged coastlines filled with incredible river outlets, bays and rocky coasts, hell, the northern part of California is so diverse it is hard to describe. Ever seen the Trinity Alps? Caught a steelhead in the Trinity? Smoked some Humboldt weed? Ate some dungeness straight from the ocean? My lord, what did you do, stop in a mall in Sac and call it quits?

As for Texas, they can't hold a candle to any other Western State. Not a single one of them. Hell even Oklahoma has better scenery. Ever drove through New Mexico? Place is huge and gorgeous. Utah may have the most unique geology on the planet, every view looks like a postcard. Wyoming? Give me a break. Oregon? Unbelievable. Washington? Come on. Even Idaho is spectacular compared to Texas. Arizona? Grand Canyon. Is there any spot on the planet more impressive than the Grand Canyon? Lowly Nevada is even better, the Great Basin in a geological wonder, plus they have Vegas, what the hell can compare with Vegas?

Sorry but Texas is nothing but a shithole and Texans have done nothing to dress it up. Signs everywhere, towns boarded up, strip malls like [Unwelcome language removed] roaches. Everything looks the same everywhere but for trees in East Texas which is a religious racist enclave of misbegotten whackos. I did like Galveston, made me forget the rest of the state. I thought I was in California. Or Key West.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
You drove through the northern part of California and was not impressed? My lord, where were you? Mt Lassen and Shasta dominate the horizon just about everywhere. Orchards abound, rivers full of fish, farms growing everything you can imagine. On the coast, big mountains, sequoias, rugged coastlines filled with incredible river outlets, bays and rocky coasts, hell, the northern part of California is so diverse it is hard to describe. Ever seen the Trinity Alps? Caught a steelhead in the Trinity? Smoked some Humboldt weed? Ate some dungeness straight from the ocean? My lord, what did you do, stop in a mall in Sac and call it quits?

As for Texas, they can't hold a candle to any other Western State. Not a single one of them. Hell even Oklahoma has better scenery. Ever drove through New Mexico? Place is huge and gorgeous. Utah may have the most unique geology on the planet, every view looks like a postcard. Wyoming? Give me a break. Oregon? Unbelievable. Washington? Come on. Even Idaho is spectacular compared to Texas. Arizona? Grand Canyon. Is there any spot on the planet more impressive than the Grand Canyon? Sorry but Texas is nothing but a shithole and Texans have done nothing to dress it up. Signs everywhere, towns boarded up, strip malls like [Unwelcome language removed] roaches. Everything looks the same everywhere but for trees in East Texas which is a religious racist enclave of misbegotten whackos. I did like Galveston, made me forget the rest of the state.
he was in the shithole of the west

he was in the shithole of the west
I still marvel at the brazen braggadocio of Texans. They are in the worst real estate in America and yet they pretend like they're in paradise. Its not about the state, its about being a Texan. Now what the hell does that mean? Well, if you ask them they will talk about barbecue, music, cowboys, hunting, freedom, the republic and so on and so on. Of course everyone in the country outside of Texas laughs our asses off hearing them brag about a shithole like it was Shangri La but that does not phase them one bit. They could care less about anyone else, they just love Texas. OK, I get it. You were born there and you are proud of your heritage. But does anyone here ever hear a person born in Maine brag about their state like it was the best thing on the planet? Nope. The rest of the nation knows that home is home and if you like your home there is no need to embellish it with bullshit. But not Texans. Everything is the best in Texas, its JR Ewing and John Wayne waving the flag flying on a goddamn eagle humping a woman with hair ten feet wide bleach blonded so much you need sunglasses to look at her. I forgot the baby Jesus. Love the baby Jesus. Only people on the planet that know how to properly love the baby Jesus. And freedom? Boy they love freedom. They are free to put a ticking time bomb of a fertilizer plant near homes. Places blows up because they are so free no one inspects the place. They are so free, you still have dry counties. Dammit, I thought we were free! They are so free, you can stage a protest armed with guns every Sunday at Dealy Plaza and if you are white, the cops won't do shit. Now that is freedom. They are so free everyone is packing in case someone encroaches on their freedom which is when the freedom to be a gunslinger overcomes the freedom to actually survive. Boy are they free.

And political correctness? That is an affront on their freedom to be total [Unwelcome language removed]. Why should anyone make fun or criticize my assholiness? I want the right to say whatever I want and no one should have the right to tell me I am an [Unwelcome language removed]. Daggummit, the whole nation is succumbing to gay communism!

Now you might correctly mention that my post is nothing but a series of ad hominem attacks on the heart and soul of our nation. I confess. I am guilty of all that I accuse Texans of being. I am merely giving them a taste of their own medicine. I wish this wasn't warranted. I think we are all Americans before members of a state, members of a political party, believers in religion, commies or Jews. I just want us all to get along. I hope my post helps us get there.

Last edited:

freyasman

Senator

As for Texas, they can't hold a candle to any other Western State. Not a single one of them. Hell even Oklahoma has better scenery. Ever drove through New Mexico? Place is huge and gorgeous. Utah may have the most unique geology on the planet, every view looks like a postcard. Wyoming? Give me a break. Oregon? Unbelievable. Washington? Come on. Even Idaho is spectacular compared to Texas. Arizona? Grand Canyon. Is there any spot on the planet more impressive than the Grand Canyon? Lowly Nevada is even better, the Great Basin in a geological wonder, plus they have Vegas, what the hell can compare with Vegas?

Sorry but Texas is nothing but a shithole and Texans have done nothing to dress it up. Signs everywhere, towns boarded up, strip malls like [Unwelcome language removed] roaches. Everything looks the same everywhere but for trees in East Texas which is a religious racist enclave of misbegotten whackos. I did like Galveston, made me forget the rest of the state. I thought I was in California. Or Key West.
You got my meaning completely backwards, I thought NorCal was beautiful.
But great scenery doesn't make up for living with shitheads, which is what you have shown yourself to be with the rest of your post.
I don't care what you or anyone else thinks, okay? Your opinion doesn't matter.
I got all the scenery I need;

(BTW, if you meet an ass hole one day, all that means is that you met an ass hole. If you see ass holes everywhere you go, then that means you're the ass hole. Think about it.)

freyasman

Senator
I still marvel at the brazen braggadocio of Texans. They are in the worst real estate in America and yet they pretend like they're in paradise. Its not about the state, its about being a Texan. Now what the hell does that mean? Well, if you ask them they will talk about barbecue, music, cowboys, hunting, freedom, the republic and so on and so on. Of course everyone in the country outside of Texas laughs our asses off hearing them brag about a shithole like it was Shangri La but that does not phase them one bit. They could care less about anyone else, they just love Texas. OK, I get it. You were born there and you are proud of your heritage. But does anyone here ever hear a person born in Maine brag about their state like it was the best thing on the planet? Nope. The rest of the nation knows that home is home and if you like your home there is no need to embellish it with bullshit. But not Texans. Everything is the best in Texas, its JR Ewing and John Wayne waving the flag flying on a goddamn eagle humping a woman with hair ten feet wide bleach blonded so much you need sunglasses to look at her. I forgot the baby Jesus. Love the baby Jesus. Only people on the planet that know how to properly love the baby Jesus. And freedom? Boy they love freedom. They are free to put a ticking time bomb of a fertilizer plant near homes. Places blows up because they are so free no one inspects the place. They are so free, you still have dry counties. Dammit, I thought we were free! They are so free, you can stage a protest armed with guns every Sunday at Dealy Plaza and if you are white, the cops won't do shit. Now that is freedom. They are so free everyone is packing in case someone encroaches on their freedom which is when the freedom to be a gunslinger overcomes the freedom to actually survive. Boy are they free.

And political correctness? That is an affront on their freedom to be total [Unwelcome language removed]. Why should anyone make fun or criticize my assholiness? I want the right to say whatever I want and no one should have the right to tell me I am an [Unwelcome language removed]. Daggummit, the whole nation is succumbing to gay communism!

Now you might correctly mention that my post is nothing but a series of ad hominem attacks on the heart and soul of our nation. I confess. I am guilty of all that I accuse Texans of being. I am merely giving them a taste of their own medicine. I wish this wasn't warranted. I think we are all Americans before members of a state, members of a political party, believers in religion, commies or Jews. I just want us all to get along. I hope my post helps us get there.

freyasman

Senator

If everybody is your people, then you don't have any people. And all those people that you consider "your's", consider you nothing but a dumb shit and a resource to be exploited to the best advantage of themselves and their actual people.