• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Will we ever get good candidates?

gabriel

Governor
just seemed funny to me that you would be chiding him for something you were doing as well!! hahahahahaahaha

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
We Democrats had 2 good candidates in 2008 and we've got a good one this year.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Perry should've waited until 2016. He coulda quietly built a national organization,boned up a little on national and foreign policy issues and practiced his debating skills.

Council Member
Oh I don't know about your observation of Degsme, I think hes a smart guy who just likes to pull your chain because he is so good at it.

But really what has any of the guys you have running or should have run done that makes them a shoe it? What are their real plans for the USA and the middle income people for the most part that will revive them. I haven't heard anything other than off shoots of the same type of things you have been trying to push for 40 years that have shone no value.

When asked about tax policy not one of you even know what your guy is saying he wants to do or do you know what the cost to our tax system would be. Sure getting rid of rules and regulations may do some things, but it's not going to create jobs in the manner we need.

Every tax plan that has been put forward has a cost of anywhere from a trillion a year to more from tax collections. We could cut every domestic program by 30% and it wouldn't save us what you want to not collect mainly from the richest people in our country.

But please feel free to explain any program you think that one of your people on the right are for and what it would do. Since they do nothing more than spew it out but can't give you any details on the effects, I would love to get your opinions on what it would do.

And sorry Jen if I hurt your feelings about your kidding, but you do it so often, why can't someone do it to you?

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
Upon further review these Republican candidates SUCK...Although 1 point to John Huntsman for not being a complete [Unwelcome language removed] like the other 5

mark14

Council Member
Upon further review these Republican candidates SUCK...Although 1 point to John Huntsman for not being a complete [Unwelcome language removed] like the other 5
I'll second that. Romney would be OK if he weren't such a say anything political w h o r e and Ron Paul is sort of fun and endearing on some issues but totally nutty in too many other important ways. I also like Perry because he is too stupid to take seriously or hold responsible but Santorum is a religious fanatics and Gingrich is a snake.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
The allegations against Kerry, if true, cast doubt on any one decorated for bravery or wounded in action. The right wing implication was that Kerry put himself in for medals and ignores that the procedure for receiving those medals is that another officer has to put you in for them. Sadly they got a number of people to say that Kerry didn't deserve his medals and imply that they had served with him when they hadn't. I met people who had been on Kerry's boat. I met Jim Rassman and others who had been there the day Kerry's boat came under fire and Rassman was blown overboard.

One swiftboater said that they weren't under fire, but then it turns out that there are pictures of his boat from that day and the bullet holes make him a liar...as does his own citation for that action.

Bush's "service" isn't so straight forward. How did he get into the guard the day after he applied? I know there was a two year wait because I tried to get into the guard back then. How did he get to be an officer, with no ROTC, no attendence at an armed forces academy, no previous military service? He went to boot camp and was made an officer and sent off to flight school. He didn't even go to OCS. That was a procedure that had been used for doctors, dentists and lawyers in the past. People who would never be expected to fight or to have others serve in their command. How did Bush get to ignore a direct order to get a physical and not be subject to the usual rules (you know, the ones the rest of us have to obey). A failure to maintain flight status should have been cause for an immediate reduction in rank to enlisted (e-2) and assignment to active duty. Not for a "Bush". Then there is the complete lack of documentation that Bush ever signed in to his duty station in Alabama. I have copies of my service jacket along with the documents I signed when I reported for duty. Bush has a document that shows he had a dental appointment. I had to sign a document when I reported and when I departed showing I'd turned in any assigned equipment (like bedding)....there were documents every time I stood a watch.....Bush has nothing.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
1. were you prosecuted for refusing induction or did you just draw a low number like Clinton?
2. Did you support the war, like Bush, but felt you had other priorities, like Cheney?
3. There was a radical shift in what we knew about Vietnam and the justification for the war as time went on. By 1972, when I was drafted, nobody wanted to be the guy killed while Nixon was trying to negotiate a better political position for him to bring the troops home....in 1966 it was a different story.

degsme

Council Member
While we do need an abundance of "fresh air" brought into some campaign somewhere, unfortunately, we need experience, integrity, honesty, and gravitas and we seem to be fresh out of all of those.
Um the whole conservative agenda is "fresh out of those"
  • *]Experience.... the GOP's experience in governance is 30 years of supply side deregulation that has TWICE crashed the financial sector
  • Integrity - people claiming to be "criticizing" policy while not actually pointing to any policy and instead simply saying the same things racists have historically said about black men in authority
  • Honestly.... running around claiming that Obama promised below 8% unemployment if the stimulus was enacted when neither he, nor his staff ever said that and you cannot point to where they did
  • Gravitas - Simply saying "We are Broke" shows you have no economic gravits whatsoever

You won't get "experience, integrity, honest and gravitas" as long as you run on stale and discreditted beliefs that are as old as Barry Goldwater.

degsme

Council Member
I'll second that. Romney would be OK if he weren't such a say anything political w h o r e
Nah.. Romney is the same classic supply side MBA candidate. MBAs are fine if you want to manage and optimize the finances of an already succesful company. But they SUCK at any sort of creative endeavor - look at what Steve Ballmer has done to the company Bill Gates created.... Look at the mess that GWB put us into (and Romney is from the same B'school as GWB)....look at how we ended up with TARP by listening to Reagan's MBA advisors....

MBAs are great if their trained formulaes of Asset Valuation, Cash Flow Optimization, Paretto Optimization etc. work (and I work with enough MBAs and have read the curriculumn to know what their training is) - they suck when there is no clear application of them. Why? Because they STILL TRY to apply those formulas because that's how they've been trained to think. And it leads to blindered thinking that leads to catastrophe.

and Ron Paul is sort of fun and endearing on some issues but totally nutty in too many other important ways. I also like Perry because he is too stupid to take seriously or hold responsible but Santorum is a religious fanatics and Gingrich is a snake.
Well ok... I'd agree on those.

degsme

Council Member
Imagine being so intellectually crippled that everything boils down to a one-trick-pony perspective.

"Hey it's raining outside."

"Racist!"

"How about those cubs?"

"Racist!"

"Hey buddy, do you have the time?"

"Racist!"

Well, at least we never have to wonder what's on his mind.
Imagine being so intellectually crippled that you cannot tell the difference between

"Obama compromised on the issues too much - for example pulling Public Option in a vain attempt to get O. Snowe's vote"​
from
"Obama is a bad leader but I cannot give you any examples to justify this... other than the fact that all black men in leadership positions have been called incompetant by racists throughout history"​

Imagine being such an intellectual cripple as to not be able to distinguish between unsupported comments that are indistinguishable from historic racism - and actual factually verifiable criticisms.

I do have to give Romney some credit... he at least seems to understnad this difference

Figjam

Mayor
...jindal? palin(?) good candidates? I guess that sums up your point of view - sad, sad indeed...

...Huntsman and even Romney are good candidates as were Dean, Clinton and Gore.

...Obama has disappointed at times to be sure but he is as good as, if not better than the majority of prospective candidates the republicans are offering, to be sure.

degsme

Council Member
...jindal? palin(?) good candidates? I guess that sums up your point of view - sad, sad indeed...

...Huntsman and even Romney are good candidates as were Dean, Clinton and Gore.

...Obama has disappointed at times to be sure but he is as good as, if not better than the majority of prospective candidates the republicans are offering, to be sure.
Pretty spot on.

I'll Take that one Gordo. I'm saying they aren't the best we could hope for, but they are 101% better than O'bungle.