• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

William Weld for 2020?

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
I heard the former Governor of Massachusetts, William Weld, is exploring a primary challenge against Donald Trump for 2020.
Governor Weld must be getting some strong encouragement from other Republicans to even consider a move like this. I don't know much about him, but he has to be better than Trump. I wish him all the best.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
Gov. William Weld announced yesterday, April 15th, that he IS going to primary Donald Trump. Beautiful. Magnificent. Wonderful. I hope he wins. :)

afella

Mayor
Weld is an actual conservative. He is actually fiscally conservative, something the GOP has lost all sight of.

He ran as Gary Johnson's VP in 2016, I hoped he would have gotten the libertarian nod instead of Johnson.

He is also very liberal on social issues, something most GOP members will have an issue with.

He is also a kind of a throw back to the country club, golf playing elitists of the old GOP in some peoples eyes. I feel that will hurt him, unless he can spell out how he has changed.

Hes a good man with good intentions, and more of a moderate in an era in desperate need of a moderate. I hope he gets the nomination and unseats trump. It would be beneficial to our country as a whole.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
I heard the former Governor of Massachusetts, William Weld, is exploring a primary challenge against Donald Trump for 2020.
Governor Weld must be getting some strong encouragement from other Republicans to even consider a move like this. I don't know much about him, but he has to be better than Trump. I wish him all the best.
This guy will last about as long as a fart in a tornado. A Massachusetts Republican is a Democrat.

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
Gov. William Weld announced yesterday, April 15th, that he IS going to primary Donald Trump. Beautiful. Magnificent. Wonderful. I hope he wins.
I hope he gets the nomination and unseats trump.
A primary challenge to Trump was to be expected; I recall predicting it somewhere on PJ awhile back. Here's the thing:
Weld won't win the nomination against a sitting president. That doesn't happen. He'll trash-talk the president, though. That always happens. The news will report it all, middle-of-the-road voters will hear it, and some will be influenced to vote against Trump in the general election. The result of Weld's challenge will only be to increase the likelihood of whichever women the Democrats nominate being elected.

Which may the plan.