• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Woman, 93, Who Cleaned State Capitol Denied Voter ID

Citizen

Council Member
The GOP doesn't want black folks to vote, we all know that.

Thelma Mitchell, 93, will not be able to vote for the first time in decades because her old Tennessee state ID failed to meet new voter-ID regulations. Mitchell, who cleaned the state Capitol for more than 30 years, was accused of being an undocumented immigrant because she could not produce a birth certificate.

Mitchell, who was delivered by a midwife in 1918, never had a birth certificate. Mitchell told WSMV-TV that she went to a state driver's license center last week after being told that her old state ID from her cleaning job would not meet new regulations for voter identification.

This is just another example of how some of these voter-ID laws will be used against the poor and disenfranchised. It's not about getting new identification -- it is about states refusing the proof of identification that you already have

http://www.theroot.com/buzz/93-year-old-woman-who-cleaned-state-capitol-denied-voter-id

Citizen

Council Member
BTW the exact same thing was used to deny my grandmother her right to vote, she was born in 1919, in Tennessee.

worldlymrb

Revenge
The GOP doesn't want black folks to vote, we all know that.

Thelma Mitchell, 93, will not be able to vote for the first time in decades because her old Tennessee state ID failed to meet new voter-ID regulations. Mitchell, who cleaned the state Capitol for more than 30 years, was accused of being an undocumented immigrant because she could not produce a birth certificate.

Mitchell, who was delivered by a midwife in 1918, never had a birth certificate. Mitchell told WSMV-TV that she went to a state driver's license center last week after being told that her old state ID from her cleaning job would not meet new regulations for voter identification.

This is just another example of how some of these voter-ID laws will be used against the poor and disenfranchised. It's not about getting new identification -- it is about states refusing the proof of identification that you already have

http://www.theroot.com/buzz/93-year-old-woman-who-cleaned-state-capitol-denied-voter-id
Why don't she go get a valid ID?

Citizen

Council Member
A better question is, why did the GOP make it so the State WON'T issue her an I.D.

So you tell me why they won't. Lord knows she's tried to get one.

In Wisco an 84 year old woman who has been the Chairman of her Town Board can not vote or run again for her position because she doesn't have a valid ID or birth certificate, although she has lived in her home practically forever. The State says that just a few situations like this occur and it should not invalidate the law. So, taking the "right" to vote away from someone isn't a problem. Got to get things like this fixed in the law before passing the law. The Repubs in this state were in so much of a hurry they didn't even try to make sure in the law that problems didn't occur.

Citizen

Council Member
Right Wingers have never cared about a persons rights or liberties. Hell look at how they all here at PJ are Hitler supporters.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
If she cleaned the capital for 30 yrs she shouldn't be POOR............

Why stay in a state you disagree with their laws.............

So we have two 2 cases reported, the same number of voter fraud, well, libs claim that doesn't make it a BIG DEAL :crazy:

BTW: you lied.........I didn't/don't support Hitler............:censored:

Minotaur

Governor
OMG! That is the reality for 1918 where many Americans were delivered at home on farms, or rural settings across America. Just shameful. THAT ticks me off. That kind of law to stop a voter fraud that barely exists and holds Americans hostage or takes their vote away is as unAmerican as it gets.

This has to stop.

Minotaur

Governor

So we have two 2 cases reported, the same number of voter fraud, well, libs claim that doesn't make it a BIG DEAL :crazy:

NO AMERICAN should ever be told they can leave their home state or that they cannot vote - EVER.

You should not accept this.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
OMG! That is the reality for 1918 where many Americans were delivered at home on farms, or rural settings across America. Just shameful. THAT ticks me off. That kind of law to stop a voter fraud that barely exists and holds Americans hostage or takes their vote away is as unAmerican as it gets.

This has to stop.
Ah, there be the truth I spoke of=>:"voter fraud that barely exists"=>:two 2 cases reported (if fact) and as I said, libs say voter fraud is no BIG DEAL

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
NO AMERICAN should ever be told they can leave their home state or that they cannot vote - EVER.

You should not accept this.
Min, the suggestion was to the NEW Tenn. resident...........that posted the story. Thx

Citizen

Council Member

Yes you do, & why do you suck off the government teet? Why aren't you rich?

BTW: if you were rich, you wouldn' be posting here.

Minotaur

Governor
ALERT Bullshit ALERT
The republican caucus stated she was given the wrong information so there is no denial. True or not on the republican part, even they know this story is bad.

Bottom line is that American voters should not be put through an obstacle course to vote where their vote depends on the very people playing this game with their right to vote.

Citizen

Council Member
A * for you...........

look at the source w/no link......

after 30 yrs of cleaning the capital she should have some insider help.no.
So that link in the top Post is invisible to all LIARS, I guess that explains why you don't see it.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
It's a bullshit story. Keep watching for the real story to emerge. The woman held a job for 30 years, was it, and she cannot get an ID? That's bullshit, pure and unfiltered.
Here is what really happened: The local Dem leadership knew she had no birth certificate, and they knew her current ID was expired. So, knowing that she could not vote with an expired ID, rather than update that ID and/or get proper certification, they sent her in to apply for voter ID and, as they anticipated, she was turned down. Now they have a story to print for all the Libmorons to chortle and giggle over.

Yeah we all know Right Wingers hate truth & facts.