• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Would New York city be in better shape

Days

Commentator
Blue states pay more in federal taxes than they receive in federal benefits.
when it comes to paying taxes, aren't all states red, white, and blue? Isn't that the whole point of functioning in a republic? One for all, All for one? You act as if the states should not be part of the whole. Dissolve the union. Tear down the republic. wth?

FakeName

Governor
when it comes to paying taxes, aren't all states red, white, and blue? Isn't that the whole point of functioning in a republic? One for all, All for one? You act as if the states should not be part of the whole. Dissolve the union. Tear down the republic. wth?
No agree that we are all in it together and as a blue state taxpayer I have no problem that part of my tax money supports welfare to red States.

Review though. That was a response to a right winger complaining about liberals on welfare.

Just correcting the record.

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
You still believe that Myth ?
Against a national average of $1,935 in intergovernmental spending per American, red states receive just $1,879. Blue states get considerably more, at $2,124 per resident.

Federal funds make up a larger percentage of red states’ state budgets, the budgets in those states are generally lower overall than those of the free-spending blue states. If, instead of comparing federal funds to state budgets, we look at how much the federal government spends in intergovernmental grants per resident of a state, the results are turned on their heads.

Against a national average of $1,935 in intergovernmental spending per American, red states receive just $1,879. Blue states get considerably more, at $2,124 per resident. Purple states see the least of their money returned to them per capita, at just $1,770. Measured in this way, the blue states are getting quite a bit more than the red or purple.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I refuse to blame politicians of any party, or at any level, for epidemic deaths. The govenment's only legitimate role once a pathogen is identified is to coordinate reseach into a vaccine, then a cure.

in that regard, as the press has so helpfully pointed out, the CDC, NIH, and various other health bureaucracies have proven themselves more adept at political infighting, making funding requests, misrespresenting the transmission and infection risks . . .

This is a replay of how the government responded to 9/11. The bureaucracy will always place its own survival as the highest priority during any crisis.

Why do you think there are secure bunkers for bureaucrats, while the public feels lucky to get a cot in a makeshift tent in central park?
The blame belongs to the people of NYC

It makes no difference what politicians say

read a report of a bar busted evidently last night 'Miami II' so much for stay at home

FakeName

Governor
You still believe that Myth ?
Against a national average of $1,935 in intergovernmental spending per American, red states receive just $1,879. Blue states get considerably more, at $2,124 per resident.

Federal funds make up a larger percentage of red states’ state budgets, the budgets in those states are generally lower overall than those of the free-spending blue states. If, instead of comparing federal funds to state budgets, we look at how much the federal government spends in intergovernmental grants per resident of a state, the results are turned on their heads.

Against a national average of $1,935 in intergovernmental spending per American, red states receive just $1,879. Blue states get considerably more, at $2,124 per resident. Purple states see the least of their money returned to them per capita, at just $1,770. Measured in this way, the blue states are getting quite a bit more than the red or purple.

"An Associated Press Fact Check finds it’s actually the other way around. High-tax, traditionally Democratic states (blue), subsidize low-tax, traditionally Republican states (red) — in a big way."

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
"An Associated Press Fact Check finds it’s actually the other way around. High-tax, traditionally Democratic states (blue), subsidize low-tax, traditionally Republican states (red) — in a big way."

Yet, with real numbers and fact- You still choose to believe the myth. OK.

Days

Commentator
No agree that we are all in it together and as a blue state taxpayer I have no problem that part of my tax money supports welfare to red States.

Review though. That was a response to a right winger complaining about liberals on welfare.

Just correcting the record.
fair 'nuff.

I'm a blue stater also, but don't really think it matters...

what pisses me off is they shut down all the Barber shops, my hair hasn't been this long in 40 years.

FakeName

Governor
fair 'nuff.

I'm a blue stater also, but don't really think it matters...
w
what pisses me off is they shut down all the Barber shops, my hair hasn't been this long in 40 years.
Mine too. I am going to have my wife cut it. I am not that picky.

Days

Commentator
Mine too. I am going to have my wife cut it. I am not that picky.
The vast majority of Americans will not let their wives any where near cutting their hair - myself included. Barber shops are often gatherings of less than 10 people, so I guess they really just want us all to have a hippie experience.

Years ago, Doodahman (from the Fray) hosted a dozen of us at his commune; the last commune in the city of Chicago. It was a really cool experience. But even there, no one had long hair, some things are better left back in the 60's.

Spamature

President
Nobody said he was uninformed, unless you are trying to say that. What are you trying to say?
That calling this a deep state plot with have of the information makes those who make believe there is some kind of conspiracy are half informed.

Mick

The Right is always right
That's because they have more 1 percenters (which skew Republican) and a ton of welfare moochers which skew the state blue and take the Republican tax dollars. The rich are far more likely to be Republican and the poor Democrat than the overall voting patterns in ALL states.

A full 1/3 of the nation's welfare mooching scum live in one state....California. This group votes 90% Dem. It's disgusting really. Shit on the sidewalks, mooch welfare, vote Dem. It's who this trash is.

Days

Commentator
That calling this a deep state plot with have of the information makes those who make believe there is some kind of conspiracy are half informed.
Okay, so what does that mean for bio-weapons on a whole? Because there definitely are bio-weapons... ooodles and boodles of them. SARS virus strain is definitely being tested on all the time; everyone admits that. It is just one more (low grade bio-weapon) virus in the encyclopedia of virology... that's not a conspiracy theory at all, that should be common knowledge.

You know what else is/should be common knowledge? SARS virus wasn't started in animals... it is a human virus, it can't even be passed by animals. It sure as heck didn't get started by exotic animal markets in Wuhan... it came out of a lab; either purposely or by accident.

Spamature

President
Okay, so what does that mean for bio-weapons on a whole? Because there definitely are bio-weapons... ooodles and boodles of them. SARS virus strain is definitely being tested on all the time; everyone admits that. It is just one more (low grade bio-weapon) virus in the encyclopedia of virology... that's not a conspiracy theory at all, that should be common knowledge.

You know what else is/should be common knowledge? SARS virus wasn't started in animals... it is a human virus, it can't even be passed by animals. It sure as heck didn't get started by exotic animal markets in Wuhan... it came out of a lab; either purposely or by accident.
One conspiracy theory at a time, please, or was the head of NIAID in on this plot too ?