• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Would Trump have let China fly balloons over the USA?

Bugsy McGurk

President

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Another interesting point to be made, Trump kept it a secret. Wow
Mark Esper, the former Secretary of Defense under President Donald Trump, told 'CNN This Morning’ on Friday that he was “surprised” by the Pentagon’s statement that similar incidents had happened during the Trump administration.

“I don’t ever recall somebody coming into my office or reading anything that the Chinese had a surveillance balloon above the United States,” Esper said, adding that “I would remember that for sure."

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
It's interesting to learn that Trump's people are claiming they were not briefed on those Chinese balloons flying over the USA.
Blustering through their comments to take cover -- not too surprising.

The former president wrote. “China had too much respect for ‘TRUMP’ for this to have happened, and it NEVER did.

Republicans Sidestep Questions On Chinese Balloons During Trump Years
Appearing on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” Rep. Mike Turner (R-Ohio), who chairs the House intelligence committee, refused to answer Chuck Todd when asked whether he’d been briefed on the several incidents during the Trump administration. Instead, Turner pivoted back to his claim that Biden is “not seeing the urgency” of the current situation.
When asked about it on Fox News Sunday, Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) tried to blame the reports of balloons during the Trump years on former President Barack Obama.
“So I’ve spoken to a lot of former Trump administration officials, they say they’re not aware of anything like this happening during their administration,” Cotton told Shannon Bream. “It’s possible, maybe, that it happened first during the Obama administration and the military was told at the time that this is no big deal and they shouldn’t raise the alarm bells on it. We need to get answers to that as well, though.”
Mike Pompeo, who served both as CIA director and secretary of state under Trump, told Fox News on Saturday that he was not aware of such incidents happening “during our four years in office.”

On Sunday, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), vice chair of the Senate intelligence committee, acknowledged the previous incidents of Chinese balloons entering the U.S., but said they are “no comparison” because of the lengthy flight path taken by the most recent balloon, including over “sensitive military installations.”
Rubio also claimed that China is trying to signal to the world that the U.S. can’t possibly come to the aid of Indo-Pacific nations threatened by China if it can’t shoot down a balloon in its own airspace. When reminded by Jonathan Karl on ABC’s “This Week” that the Biden administration did in fact shoot the balloon down, Rubio responded: “Yeah.”

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
That’s what Gym Jordan asked.

Uh, yes Gym - China did that theee times when Trump was president.

A piece about all the GOP hacks who yapped about the balloon…

OVER America is a bald face LIE
OVER tips of a couple states and intell never had a briefing on them
OVER America only Joey allowed

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
OVER America is a bald face LIE
OVER tips of a couple states and intell never had a briefing on them
OVER America only Joey allowed
You seem VERY angry defending the greatest Patriot, I thought you DISOWNED the greatest loser..........ahh back in the camp I see !

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
You seem VERY angry defending the greatest Patriot, I thought you DISOWNED the greatest loser..........ahh back in the camp I see !
You damn sure have no problem defending Joey the Great (as you leftist see him)
The greats Patriots names are on the Wall.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
That’s what Gym Jordan asked.

Uh, yes Gym - China did that theee times when Trump was president.

A piece about all the GOP hacks who yapped about the balloon…

LIAR

Biden’s ‘but Trump!’ deceptive balloon defense deflates (msn.com)