• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Wyoming voters tell CNN 'hell no,' 'absolutely not' when asked if they will support Liz Cheney

middleview

President
Supporting Member
That's what happens when you eat your own.

So loyalty to the he nation and the constitution matter less to the Trump wing of the republican party than doing what Trump tells you to do.

Sounds a lot like Germany, 1928 to 1945....or North Korea from 1948 to now.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Well, you know, helping lefties to preside over a kangaroo court does tend to sour people on your electability.
Court has a meaning...and is usually involving a judge and jury. That isn't what the committee is doing.

Cheney stood up to Trump even with the loss of her seat a possibility. To me that shows integrity.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
That's what happens when you eat your own.

They ALL suck. ALL of them. Not just Dems, not just the GOP - ALL.OF.THEM.

Supposed “moderates” like Manchin? Suck. Nutcase leftists like Waters and AOC? Suck. “Long game” geniuses like marble-mouth McConnell? Sucktacular. Any and all of them will sell you or me out for a nickel. None of them are principled. None of them are reliable. Back-patting, towel-snapping insider morons - ALL.

So…conservatives can prattle on about the kookiest wing of Democrats like Jackson-Lee and sell-out GOPers like Cheney. Leftists can moan about the [supposedly] more conservative folks like Mike Lee and sell-out Dems like Manchin. That’s the game. That’s how they (the insiders) keep winning. Pick a card, any card.

They.ALL.Suck.

Sickens me to no end to write this, but there are no good guys in bigtime national elected office…nor in leadership of the big federal bureaucracies.

Stop me if you’ve heard this…

…THEY ALL SUCK

Bugsy McGurk

President

Supposed “moderates” like Manchin? Suck. Nutcase leftists like Waters and AOC? Suck. “Long game” geniuses like marble-mouth McConnell? Sucktacular. Any and all of them will sell you or me out for a nickel. None of them are principled. None of them are reliable. Back-patting, towel-snapping insider morons - ALL.

So…conservatives can prattle on about the kookiest wing of Democrats like Jackson-Lee and sell-out GOPers like Cheney. Leftists can moan about the [supposedly] more conservative folks like Mike Lee and sell-out Dems like Manchin. That’s the game. That’s how they (the insiders) keep winning. Pick a card, any card.

They.ALL.Suck.

Sickens me to no end to write this, but there are no good guys in bigtime national elected office…nor in leadership of the big federal bureaucracies.

…THEY ALL SUCK
Let us stipulate that no one meets your lofty standards. You’re just too awesome.

;-)

Jack4freedom

Governor

They.ALL.Suck.

…THEY ALL SUCK
Our Constitution requires that we elect Congressmen and Senators. Every two years congressmen face reelection and every six years Senators face reelection. Like a wise man once said, we get what we deserve. That said, I do not think they all suck. At this point, unfortunately 75% of the elected officials in the GOP are either zombie Trump cultists or gutless punks. On the Democrat side there are a few dozen that seem to be crazed left wing loudmouths like Maxine waters but for the most part they are pretty normal reasonable people same as always.

The same used to be true of the GOP congressional delegation. A few loudmouthed idiots like Gaetz, Jordan, Gohmert and a few dozen others but mostly sane reasonable other than them. Not so anymore. I’d also like to point out that our country has grown and prospered exponentially over the past 250 years with this system and with similar types of people representing us. Who the hell would you replace all 535 elected Federal representatives with?

I like our representative system except the fact that representation in the US Senate is grossly unfair to people who live in the most populous states like California, Texas, Florida, New York, Pennsylvania, Illinois and Michigan. States with more cows than people like both Dakotas, Idaho, Utah, Montana, Rhode Island, Vermont and other big square states are highly over represented in the all important US Senate. I’d like to see a few major changes in our electoral process too But all in all I think it all works pretty well.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Our Constitution requires that we elect Congressmen and Senators. Every two years congressmen face reelection and every six years Senators face reelection. Like a wise man once said, we get what we deserve. That said, I do not think they all suck. At this point, unfortunately 75% of the elected officials in the GOP are either zombie Trump cultists or gutless punks. On the Democrat side there are a few dozen that seem to be crazed left wing loudmouths like Maxine waters but for the most part they are pretty normal reasonable people same as always.

This we call parallax. No, there aren’t only “a few” among the Democrats. There are a vast MANY. Just like the Republicans. Whatever their originating motivation, they get to DC and they “enemy up”. Hear that clinking sound? That’s the cocktail party they’re at together. “Let’s see…who’s my b*tch…”. Yep. They. ALL. Suck. And…I’m not happy about this fact.

The same used to be true of the GOP congressional delegation. A few loudmouthed idiots like Gaetz, Jordan, Gohmert and a few dozen others but mostly sane reasonable other than them. Not so anymore. I’d also like to point out that our country has grown and prospered exponentially over the past 250 years with this system and with similar types of people representing us. Who the hell would you replace all 535 elected Federal representatives with?

Honestly? Who would I replace them with?? “Everyman”. Regular dudes and chicks. Career aspirations + politics = shite. Pardon my Scottish.

I like our representative system except the fact that representation in the US Senate is grossly unfair to people who live in the most populous states like California, Texas, Florida, New York, Pennsylvania, Illinois and Michigan. States with more cows than people like both Dakotas, Idaho, Utah, Montana, Rhode Island, Vermont and other big square states are highly over represented in the all important US Senate. I’d like to see a few major changes in our electoral process too But all in all I think it all works pretty well.

Disagree. The Founders weren’t stumbling blindly. We have not only disparate populations, but disparate ethos. We must protect both, I think. The gap only widens at this point.

All of the above said, I hold fast to the “They all suck” assertion. Frankly, they suck because…increasingly…we suck. And - we embrace THEIR suck - if and when they mostly align with us. That alone is a guarantee of suck-momentum. “Suck in our direction at least”.

Yep. That’s us. For the most part.

TBLee

Governor

They.ALL.Suck.

…THEY ALL SUCK
…and here we are. What do we do? It is a scary time for sure.

Jack4freedom

Governor

This we call parallax. No, there aren’t only “a few” among the Democrats. There are a vast MANY. Just like the Republicans. Whatever their originating motivation, they get to DC and they “enemy up”. Hear that clinking sound? That’s the cocktail party they’re at together. “Let’s see…who’s my b*tch…”. Yep. They. ALL. Suck. And…I’m not happy about this fact.

Honestly? Who would I replace them with?? “Everyman”. Regular dudes and chicks. Career aspirations + politics = shite. Pardon my Scottish.

Disagree. The Founders weren’t stumbling blindly. We have not only disparate populations, but disparate ethos. We must protect both, I think. The gap only widens at this point.

All of the above said, I hold fast to the “They all suck” assertion. Frankly, they suck because…increasingly…we suck. And - we embrace THEIR suck - if and when they mostly align with us. That alone is a guarantee of suck-momentum. “Suck in our direction at least”.

Yep. That’s us. For the most part.
I have heard such pessimism for over 40 years now and through much tougher times. Still, we have steadily moved forward as a nation and frankly as a species. Things that were commonplace when I was growing up are looked back and laughed at today and for good reason. I predict that 50 years from now the same will be true of some idiotic practices we have today. I also believe that with some minor changes, our constitution will be intact. People will continue to major in poli sci and law or become high ranking military officers and enter politics from those places. Once in a while a bartender like AOC will go out run a door to door campaign and enter politics from street level. I don’t think that will change much and it will still be successful. That’s how I see it.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I have heard such pessimism for over 40 years now and through much tougher times. Still, we have steadily moved forward as a nation and frankly as a species. Things that were commonplace when I was growing up are looked back and laughed at today and for good reason. I predict that 50 years from now the same will be true of some idiotic practices we have today. I also believe that with some minor changes, our constitution will be intact. People will continue to major in poli sci and law or become high ranking military officers and enter politics from those places. Once in a while a bartender like AOC will go out run a door to door campaign and enter politics from street level. I don’t think that will change much and it will still be successful. That’s how I see it.
Interesting. So…when even more kids are butchering one another when such things were unheard of even in the early 90s… what do you think happened? I am genuinely curious. I’m part of the “gun rack in cars in student parking” generation. There were pretty much no shootings on campus. What happened? What do YOU think happened?