• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

yep, I see the rightwingers are whining again.

Mytzlplk

Governor
sometimes I think this is their fav activity besides lying and denying. Sometimes they do it over the silliest things, like being held to account for their rare moments of honesty. http://www.salon.com/2011/05/18/gingrich_quote_me/

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/01/04/397589/president-obama-has-made-far-fewer-recess-appointments-than-any-recent-president/

Personally I think he should be shining a bright light on the denizens of the darkside at every available opportunity, given the political opportunities it opens up

While this shows that Senate Dems also used the “pro forma” tactic, it also allows the White House to argue that even Bush’s lawyers see it as a sham and agree that Obama has the power to make such appointments.

More broadly, the politics of the move are very interesting. Obama’s decision to do this in such a high profile way may swing the spotlight back towards Obama’s ongoing push for the middle class, which the White House hopes to contrast with ongoing GOP primary infighting. The outcry from Republicans will draw more attention to their role as defenders of financial institutions against consumers. In keeping with the new “we can’t wait” for Congress strategy, Obama seems determined to demonstrate a willingness to take whatever steps are necessary to circumvent it and to exercise power unilaterally on behalf of the economy and the middle class.

In a sense, the move represents a kind of final break with the illusion — to the degree that it still exists at all — that any kind of bipartisan compromise with Republicans remains possible. All bets are off​
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/post/obama-to-gop-get-the-heck-out-of-the-way/2012/01/04/gIQA2sWaaP_blog.html

Good for Obama, I hope he will make Mitch and the rest of Commie obstructionists to have a Maoist heartburn for the next 5 years....

Mytzlplk

Governor
indeed dude -- while he's done some in the past, most notably during the Balitmore Beatdown, it's good to see this sustained effort.

Council Member
Does anyone deny that this agency is needed. Do any of you on the right understand that the reason for this agency was made because the REPUBLICAN BASE was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo crooked.

It's time someone stood up for the middle class of AMERICA.

Council Member
What really impresses me is how inept those on the right are at finding out the truth. It seems that anyone who wants to post anything that they think will make Obama or the Democrats look bad is grabbed with both hands and spread like wildfire all over the net. But then it takes about 2 minutes to show everyone that it was a lie, making them look stupid, but they don't care, they go somewhere else and find another false statement to pass around.

You know that old statement, tell a lie and just keep repeating it and you will be amazed at how many people will believe it.

Don't their fingers work except when there pushing the lies?