• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Yep, rightwingers defend their racists all the time

Mytzlplk

Governor
what most of them apparently don't realize (I know, shocking) is that much like the way the consent of complicity can be found in their silence and tolerance for their racist brethren, the noisy sister of silence known as defensiveness, like stupid claims that racist rhetoric is just "PC running amok", etc, provides much the same if not more support to the racists.

Rather than denunciations, etc, the modern rightwinger finds numerous ways to be part of the problem as opposed to participating in any solutions. Obviously this has several causes, ranging from them being racists themselves, to being able to find all kinds of what they feel to be justifiable reasons to be enablers of it all by way of the aforementioned methods and more.

Santorum may not be the proud racist type that shamelessly and freely shares it with others, but he sure knows how to speak the language of those that do, and certainly has no more compunctions about welcoming them aboard than Ron Paul does.

To the modern rightwinger, being a racist, homophobe, islamophobe, aren't disqualifying as they should be, whether we're talking about for a political office or in their interpersonal relationships, which is why I've long contended that islamophobia after 9/11 was what let their racists outta the shame closet. Add the hompohobia most of them already had in large numbers, and how can they claim their racist brethren are "all that bad", since the "superiority" element is undeniably behind all three efforts to otherize them respectively?

Evil begets evil, and the modern rightwinger has intimate knowledge of it and an endless supply of it -- as well as blindness to it. That's one of the reasons why their minions granted them a license to lie without fear of any reprisal -- they don't see it as a sin but rather as justifiable means to an end -- like keeping those lazy, etc black people from "taking" their money from them. Stealing far more often than not, is a worse sin than merely lying, no?

"c" y'all

Santorum's remark was made in Iowa and plays right into the white fear of blacks taking from makers, as is pointed out later in the discussion. But SE Cupp does her best to rehabilitate him.

CUPP: Look, this is taken completely out of context. Rick Santorum talks about social economics all the time. [crosstalk] He talks about how two-person families are better economically for the country. He talks about how conservative social policies are better for white people. You cannot take --

[crosstalk]

CUPP: That's not what he says.

WILLIAMS: That's what he says all the time. Rick Santorum is a homophobe and a bigot. Let's call it what it is.

CUPP: He absolutely isn't. He talks about the economics of these policies and these social issues that we talk about. It's all theoretical without ties to anything. And that's what he does.

Oh, I see. Theoretical. Of course. Because theoretically, it's all blacks on welfare and Medicaid who need the opportunity, right?

Alex Wagner took a moment to set them straight.

WAGNER: In that comment, he's singling out black folks in particular --

CUPP: In a 2-second sound bite --
[crosstalk]
WAGNER: 84 or 86 percent of the people on food stamps in Iowa are white; 9 percent of them are black. What it speaks to is a contention and an idea in the back of some people in the Republican party's heads which is the people taking from the makers are people of color and they don't deserve these handouts any more.

Wagner said it straight up, and that just flustered everyone, including SE Cupp. But no fear, Matt Lewis is to the rescue with this gallant defense:

more here: http://crooksandliars.com/karoli/se-cupp-and-matt-lewis-defend-racist-remark

NCmusicman

Governor
Santorum has a moral code - Libs hate that.
Santorum wants to elevate blacks to prosperity - Libs hate that because poor black voters are easier to purchase for democrats... it's been that way for 50 years.

StanH

Council Member

Lukey

Senator
Interesting. And funny Lukey, when I protest against Margaret Sanger, her racism, and Planned Parenthood's continuation of her racism, it's liberals who are the silent ones. Or even worse, I am attacked and told what a great woman she was by liberals.

But no, we're the racists.

Liberals are absolutely SHAMELESS.
You are, of course, correct. But I calls em like I sees em and Rick made a bad move by identifying the race of the people he was complaining about. It's all welfare recipients who need to stand on their own two feet a little more, not just the black ones. That should make him radioactive in polite company.

Mytzlplk

Governor
who said you specifically did?

Or is it only permissable for rightwingers to address such in global terms as they (and you) so frequently do your ideological opposition?

rob11b

Council Member
who said you specifically did?

Or is it only permissable for rightwingers to address such in global terms as they (and you) so frequently do your ideological opposition?
What is and is not permissable is not up to an anal-retentive, racist control freak like yourself.

StanH

Council Member
I agree wholeheartedly on Rick Santorum. Bad move, race is irrelevant in his comments.

You are, of course, correct. But I calls em like I sees em and Rick made a bad move by identifying the race of the people he was complaining about. It's all welfare recipients who need to stand on their own two feet a little more, not just the black ones. That should make him radioactive in polite company.

D

Doc

You are STILL not up to your normal level of Sophistication.

I think, perhaps, abut ten more ranting paragraphs and cut and pastes from Liberal Blogs would get you back up to your former lofty forms of communication.

Maybe Mom will make something special for her lil guy, at lunch, and you will not be so peckish in your rantings......

Best of luck, buddy,

Your friend,

The Doc......