• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

yep, the Shrub claimed to have a flair for bipartisanship

Mytzlplk

Governor
and being a uniter as opposed to a divider http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:GggqW44qwXsJ:online.wsj.com/article/wonder_land.html+daniel+henninger&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Sure, the only certainty about the guy is that he's a phony, and a professional, world class liar, which explains whatever appeal he has to his supporters. The only thing they have in greater quantities than their gullibility is their ignorance that spawns it.

January 05, 2012 1:50 PM

A misguided appeal for a moderate Mitt

Nicholas Kristof presents an argument today that I’ve heard before, but which I struggle to understand. As the NYT columnist sees it, Mitt Romney was a “moderate and pragmatic governor,” who, his metamorphoses notwithstanding, may flip “back to his old self” in 2013.

The reassuring thing about Mitt Romney is that for most of his life he probably wouldn’t have voted for today’s Mitt Romney. […]

If we do see, as I expect we will, a reversion in the direction of the Massachusetts Romney, that’s a flip we should celebrate. Until the Republican primaries sucked him into its vortex, he was a pragmatist and policy wonk rather similar to Bill Clinton and President Obama but more conservative. (Clinton described Romney to me as having done “a very good job” in Massachusetts.) Romney was much closer to George H.W. Bush than to George W. Bush.

Kristof says we should “expect” this current version of Romney to revert back to a previous version. I think this is wildly misguided.

why here: http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/political-animal/2012_01/a_misguided_appeal_for_a_moder034545.php

Mytzlplk

Governor
and the kind we can only hope they don't elect again

at this point that's the scariest part about the Mutt -- not knowing with any certainty what he'll do, because of the "Will the real Mutt please stand up?" condition he's created.

As a sidenote of sorts, rememer all the BS about "leadership" and the qualities that define it tossed at BHO? How under these conditions can he ever hope to qualify as one?