• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

You are worth only what you are paid.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
What do you do with your 75 inch screen when you get your 100 inch screen ?

It is easier to just throw it in the trash than look for someone to give it to.
What does that have to do with a trash person's ability to switch jobs with a brain or heart surgeon?

If the tv worked...I'd give it to someone. Btw.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I don't know, when I was a kid the substitutes were always pretty busy hunting down the custodian at the beginning of every period to show them how to start the VHS again.
and you grew up to be A book store clerk :)

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
What do you do with your 75 inch screen when you get your 100 inch screen ?

It is easier to just throw it in the trash than look for someone to give it to.
You've never had either one.........

You sure prove people that do don't give a damn of others

Spamature

President
What does that have to do with a trash person's ability to switch jobs with a brain or heart surgeon?

If the tv worked...I'd give it to someone. Btw.
None of this has anything to do with ability. It has to do with how a job that is much lower paying and has no prestige but is still just as important to society.

Who is someone in Beverly Hills going to give it to, one of their underprivileged neighbors ?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
None of this has anything to do with ability. It has to do with how a job that is much lower paying and has no prestige but is still just as important to society.

Who is someone in Beverly Hills going to give it to, one of their underprivileged neighbors ?
There's importance and there's complexity. Trash collection is important, but it's scope can be learned ..well... instantaneously. Heart surgery is important, as is all medicine, yet takes years and years to master.

Difference.

Spamature

President
There's importance and there's complexity. Trash collection is important, but it's scope can be learned ..well... instantaneously. Heart surgery is important, as is all medicine, yet takes years and years to master.

Difference.
But when doctors go on strike, sick people are affected.
When garbage men go on strike, EVERYONE is affected.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
But when doctors go on strike, sick people are affected.
When garbage men go on strike, EVERYONE is affected.
Odd avoidance over and over.

Can a garbage man, singular, step in to the shoes of a doctor at a moments notice? No.

Can a doctor, singular, step in to the shoes of a garbage person at a moments notice? Yes.

There's the relative difference

EatTheRich

President
There’s another relevant difference, namely that being a doctor is to a greater extent its own reward. That’s why Cuba has more doctors per capita even though they likely are paid less than garbage collectors.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
There’s another relevant difference, namely that being a doctor is to a greater extent its own reward. That’s why Cuba has more doctors per capita even though they likely are paid less than garbage collectors.
Hmm....yes. but ... Don't pay me..said no one nowhere, ever

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
I don't give a damn what McDonalds pay, evident you do :cool: Do you have to wear one of those funny looking uniforms.
LOL, right farmer. I could buy and sell your whole sorry farm if I felt like it. I'm a long way from working at McDonald's. But that would still be more prestigious than being a farmer.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Capitalism is the system of taking labor and selling it at a huge profit. To believe otherwise is just republican booger smarts.
Where do you get "huge profit"? Most companies do not have huge profits when all expenses are taken into account.

Spamature

President
Odd avoidance over and over.

Can a garbage man, singular, step in to the shoes of a doctor at a moments notice? No.

Can a doctor, singular, step in to the shoes of a garbage person at a moments notice? Yes.

There's the relative difference
I am in no way saying the skills are the same.

I am only speaking to the impact upon society should the position go unfilled.

write on

Senator
You are NOT entitled to a four bedroom house, two cars in the driveway, a summer home in the Hamptons, four weeks vacation, JUST FOR WASHING DISHES OR FLIPPING BURGERS.
They said that about slaves too, while their masters got rich from their labor.

It's modern day slavery, cheered on by the right wing.