• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Your Tax Dollars At Work Update

Zam-Zam

Senator
From your link.

The federal government is suing convicted murderers and sex traffickers who received COVID-19 stimulus checks, ordering them to use the funds to pay restitution to their victims’ families.

That makes sense to me. Your link doesn't address criminals committing lesser crimes. They can use that money for their rehabilitation.

Let's not forget the Christian stance for those who've committed crimes. Repentance, forgiveness, another chance at life. Of course, that's Jesus' teaching. You might be stuck in the Old Testament.

If you bother to read the top post, you'll see I said this:

So, let me see if I have this correct: Our Highly Competent Federal Government paid out taxpayer money to "convicted murderers and sex offenders", including the Boston Marathon bomber, and are now spending more taxpayer dollars in an effort to try and get it back...Is that right?

A highly competent government does not send checks to convicted murderers and sex offenders in the first place, does it?

And if it was the right thing to do, as you seem to be arguing, why are they suing to get it back now?

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Trump's attempts to usher in fascism began a few months before the Nov 2020 election when he started spreading the lie that all mail-in voting was fraudulent.
He then proceeded to find ways to overturn the 2020 election results.
The Jan 6 House Select committee is uncovering and will report on all those ways Trump et al colluded with the plan to stop the Jan 6 certification, etc. Trump continues his attempts by spreading his Big Lie. Turns out a super majority of Republicans believe that Big Lie and so have no problem with red states enacting voter laws with provisions to overturn election results not in their favor.
Any idea how we can get repubs to come back to reality?
The same way we “get DEMOCRATS to come back to reality” - Fire. Them. All.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
If you bother to read the top post, you'll see I said this:

So, let me see if I have this correct: Our Highly Competent Federal Government paid out taxpayer money to "convicted murderers and sex offenders", including the Boston Marathon bomber, and are now spending more taxpayer dollars in an effort to try and get it back...Is that right?

A highly competent government does not send checks to convicted murderers and sex offenders in the first place, does it?

And if it was the right thing to do, as you seem to be arguing, why are they suing to get it back now?
So you're saying that the Trump admin. was incompetent, too, for sending $$ to convicts. Ha ha.

From your link.

The federal government is suing convicted murderers and sex traffickers who received COVID-19 stimulus checks, ordering them to use the funds to pay restitution to their victims’ families.

That makes sense to me. Your link doesn't address criminals committing lesser crimes. They can use that money for their rehabilitation.

Let's not forget the Christian stance for those who've committed crimes. Repentance, forgiveness, another chance at life. Of course, that's Jesus' teaching. You might be stuck in the Old Testament.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
The same way we “get DEMOCRATS to come back to reality” - Fire. Them. All.
I understand you must DENY and DISTRACT regarding the anti-democracy tactics of Trump/Repubs. That's what those who hate libs do. Frankly, it's childish of you.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I understand you must DENY and DISTRACT regarding the anti-democracy tactics of Trump/Repubs. That's what those who hate libs do. Frankly, it's childish of you.
Nope. They are all liars and none advocate for our interests. They are cheesy, second rate manipulators. Roughly half of us fall for the machinations of each side.

Now THAT is childish.

Zam-Zam

Senator
So you're saying that the Trump admin. was incompetent, too, for sending $$ to convicts. Ha ha.

From your link.

Yes.

Biden and Trump and anyone else in government who gave tax dollars to convicted murderers and sex offenders. What part of that are you having difficulty understanding?

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Yes.

Biden and Trump and anyone else in government who gave tax dollars to convicted murderers and sex offenders. What part of that are you having difficulty understanding?
The party-worshipping leftists are always bewildered when normal, well-adjusted people demonstrate capability of criticizing both parties.

When one is tethered to the wrong thing, he is tethered to nothing.