• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Your Tax Dollars At Work Update

Zam-Zam

Senator
From the Department of the Government Is Highly Competent, Really:

Convicted murderers, sex traffickers received COVID stimulus checks while in prison, court docs show
Violent criminals across US received coronavirus stimulus payments

The federal government is suing convicted murderers and sex traffickers who received COVID-19 stimulus checks, ordering them to use the funds to pay restitution to their victims’ families, according to court documents reviewed by Fox News Digital.

Senate Republicans cried foul last week after it was revealed that Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev received a $1,400 stimulus check under the $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief bill known as the American Rescue Plan of 2021, which was signed by President Biden last March.

Complete text: Convicted murderers, sex traffickers received COVID stimulus checks while in prison, court docs show | Fox News

So, let me see if I have this correct: Our Highly Competent Federal Government paid out taxpayer money to "convicted murderers and sex offenders", including the Boston Marathon bomber, and are now spending more taxpayer dollars in an effort to try and get it back...Is that right?

1641919996222.png

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
The best way to usher in fascism is to bash the Federal Govt for making mistakes. Reagan started it all. It's a Republican authoritarian thang.

My Social Security check arrives on time every month. Medicare processes my claims promptly.

Zam-Zam

Senator
The best way to usher in fascism is to bash the Federal Govt for making mistakes. Reagan started it all. It's a Republican authoritarian thang.

My Social Security check arrives on time every month. Medicare processes my claims promptly.
So, never question the government.

Like in North Korea.

No thank you. Government needs to be held accountable when they screw up. They work for us.

RickWA

Snagglesooth

Actually, “the best way to usher in fascism” is to usher in fascism. That you would leverage some bizarre notion of looming “fascism” to discourage fellow citizens from holding government accountable is, frankly, not sane.

Are you ok?

Zam-Zam

Senator
Actually, “the best way to usher in fascism” is to usher in fascism. That you would leverage some bizarre notion of looming “fascism” to discourage fellow citizens from holding government accountable is, frankly, not sane.

Are you ok?
There is not, I believe, a good defense for sending checks to convicted murderers or sex offenders, so the best the poster could do was to try to link any criticism of it to "ushering in fascism".

With, of course, no foundation of any kind.

Hilarious, no?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

Your SS and Medicare have nothing to do with convicts getting stimulus checks.............nor does Reagan unless you got both during him!

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
From the Department of the Government Is Highly Competent, Really:

Convicted murderers, sex traffickers received COVID stimulus checks while in prison, court docs show
Violent criminals across US received coronavirus stimulus payments

The federal government is suing convicted murderers and sex traffickers who received COVID-19 stimulus checks, ordering them to use the funds to pay restitution to their victims’ families, according to court documents reviewed by Fox News Digital.

Senate Republicans cried foul last week after it was revealed that Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev received a $1,400 stimulus check under the $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief bill known as the American Rescue Plan of 2021, which was signed by President Biden last March.

Complete text: Convicted murderers, sex traffickers received COVID stimulus checks while in prison, court docs show | Fox News

So, let me see if I have this correct: Our Highly Competent Federal Government paid out taxpayer money to "convicted murderers and sex offenders", including the Boston Marathon bomber, and are now spending more taxpayer dollars in an effort to try and get it back...Is that right?
Having prisoners get Covid relief checks isn't the end of the world. The money can be put to good use. That's what a real Christian would believe anyway.

Oh, yeah, prisoners got relief checks from Trump, too.

Fact check: Prisoners also got relief checks from the pandemic bills Trump signed and Cotton voted for - CNNPolitics

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Having prisoners get Covid relief checks isn't the end of the world. The money can be put to good use. That's what a real Christian would believe anyway.

Oh, yeah, prisoners got relief checks from Trump, too.

Fact check: Prisoners also got relief checks from the pandemic bills Trump signed and Cotton voted for - CNNPolitics
Christian thing to do would be send prisoners money to hungry kids across America, prisoners get 3 meals and a cot daily and many kids and Homeless don't

With your post of hate for Christians you shouldn't post of real Christians it's clear you're NOT

Is there ANYTHING posted that leftist can't derail with Trump? It's 1-11-2022 and Trump hasn't been President since 1-20-2021

Last edited:

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

Zam-Zam

Senator

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
You think taxpayer dollars should go to child molesters and murderers.

I'm glad to have you own that position. It's all yours.
From your link.

The federal government is suing convicted murderers and sex traffickers who received COVID-19 stimulus checks, ordering them to use the funds to pay restitution to their victims’ families.

That makes sense to me. Your link doesn't address criminals committing lesser crimes. They can use that money for their rehabilitation.

Let's not forget the Christian stance for those who've committed crimes. Repentance, forgiveness, another chance at life. Of course, that's Jesus' teaching. You might be stuck in the Old Testament.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
There is not, I believe, a good defense for sending checks to convicted murderers or sex offenders, so the best the poster could do was to try to link any criticism of it to "ushering in fascism".

With, of course, no foundation of any kind.

Hilarious, no?
We've all certainly noticed that this forum has some...uhhh... unusual posters and bizarre poster 'hot takes'. But that one, in particular wasn't merely a subject-changing non-sequitur. It is borderline indicative of medical condition. :-/

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
So Trump didn't "usher in fascism" then...eh? :-/
Trump's attempts to usher in fascism began a few months before the Nov 2020 election when he started spreading the lie that all mail-in voting was fraudulent.
He then proceeded to find ways to overturn the 2020 election results.
The Jan 6 House Select committee is uncovering and will report on all those ways Trump et al colluded with the plan to stop the Jan 6 certification, etc. Trump continues his attempts by spreading his Big Lie. Turns out a super majority of Republicans believe that Big Lie and so have no problem with red states enacting voter laws with provisions to overturn election results not in their favor.
Any idea how we can get repubs to come back to reality?

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Would a real Christian support religious exemptions claims?
Only if the exemptee promises to isolate and not harm fellow Christians or any American by spreading Covid. Otherwise, the religious exemption would be bogus and unChristian.

Religious leaders of major faiths encourage getting vaxed. Even Trump is finally telling his supporters to get vaxed and boosted. I doubt he'd be tolerant of religious exemptions either.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Only if the exemptee promises to isolate and not harm fellow Christians or any American by spreading Covid. Otherwise, the religious exemption would be bogus and unChristian.

Religious leaders of major faiths encourage getting vaxed. Even Trump is finally telling his supporters to get vaxed and boosted. I doubt he'd be tolerant of religious exemptions either.
Agree