• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Zawahiri gets a mouthful of drone strike.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Yet another bullshit version of history according to the resident fake history professor.

There was no f*cking blockade of Japanese ports. Where do you get this shit?
So there was no US blockage of metals and oil shipments into Japan in 1940-41?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
So there was no US blockage of metals and oil shipments into Japan in 1940-41?
So the japanese were starving? Who knew they were eating that stuff.

There was no blockade. We quit selling them oil and steel. They had invaded China...and we responded with sanctions.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You're right we didn't close their ports - we embargoed oil and industrial metals which still had the effect of wrecking their economy and people were going hungry.
Their choice was to withdraw their troops from China or find another market for oil. The Japanese people were not impacted by an embargo of oil or steel.... It is simply nuts to blame the US for the attack on 12/7/41.

The depression in the US had an impact on Japan...exports to the US dropped and the value of the Yen went from .49 to .19. Silk exports to the US fell by half. The embargo had far less an impact on the average Japanese citizen...but did hurt their military.

Raoul_Luke

Their choice was to withdraw their troops from China or find another market for oil. The Japanese people were not impacted by an embargo of oil or steel.... It is simply nuts to blame the US for the attack on 12/7/41.

The depression in the US had an impact on Japan...exports to the US dropped and the value of the Yen went from .49 to .19. Silk exports to the US fell by half. The embargo had far less an impact on the average Japanese citizen...but did hurt their military.
Regardless, the point is none of this foreign policy stuff happens in a vacuum. The idea that the USA is nothing but an innocent bystander repeatedly getting sucker punched by other countries is inane.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Can't criticize America when a Dem is in office, right Jack? When there's a Trump or a Bush in there though, it's de rigueur. You guys are so transparent it's like you aren't even there...
You invented an event in history...that the US blockaded Japanese ports and that we provoked the poor, innocent Japanese to attack.

Nobody said that the US is nothing but an innocent by stander...Your tactic of exaggerating anything said...or just completely making shit up...is amazing.

No...US support for those who rebelled against the communist government in Kabul was not the reason for Bin Laden to organize an attack on the US on 911. His own justification was US support for Israel.

For the record...I did not criticize Bush for the invasion of Afghanistan. I did for the way the war was run afterwards and the tactics that allowed Bin Laden, Zawahiri and Omar to escape. I did criticize him for invading Iraq.

It isn't always Dem VS Rep....it would be useful for you to be honest.

Jack4freedom

Governor
Can't criticize America when a Dem is in office, right Jack? When there's a Trump or a Bush in there though, it's de rigueur. You guys are so transparent it's like you aren't even there...
I have criticized our idiotic foreign policy through both Democratic and Republican administrations for decades. So again, you are wrong….However your constant blather regarding only Democrats in that arena is quite transparent also…Take a long look in the mirror…

Raoul_Luke

I have criticized our idiotic foreign policy through both Democratic and Republican administrations for decades. So again, you are wrong….However your constant blather regarding only Democrats in that arena is quite transparent also…Take a long look in the mirror…
LOL! Nobody...NOBODY was more highly and constantly critical of George W. Bush. Hell I still criticize him now - worst President ever (until Brandon). So between the two of us, rest assured that I am the more consistent in my criticism.

Although I don't think I ever stooped to accusing Bush's supporters of being "traitors" - so you got me there...

middleview

President
Supporting Member
LOL! Nobody...NOBODY was more highly and constantly critical of George W. Bush. Hell I still criticize him now - worst President ever (until Brandon). So between the two of us, rest assured that I am the more consistent in my criticism.

Although I don't think I ever stooped to accusing Bush's supporters of being "traitors" - so you got me there...
Did you make shit up to criticize Bush for?