• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

10 Year Fiasco Ends, Annapolis Market House Opens

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
It's been a long arduous journey to get the little Market House in Annapolis open. The property is city owned and has served as a market for 230 years, although it has gone through various incarnations over the years. A previous administration botched the renovations they implemented and the place has been a disaster since. The current admin has bickered over details but finally agreed. Window seats. Proper mix of vendors. Long hours. Well done. This design should last a good while. For travelers heading to Annapolis, makes sure to grab at least one meal from the Market House.

I've added a new shop to my dining rotation. The Amsterdam Falafel Shop is great. A DC institution, this is the 3rd in what they hope will be a successful franchise. No reason why they shouldn't be. Prospective franchisees might want to give them a look. They opened first, about a month ago, and have been doing bang up business. Cheap, fresh and flavorful vegetarian fare...a welcome addition to the Annapolis dining scene. Good to have some more exploring to do.

Anyhoo, The good Mayor made a promise the market house would open fall of 2012 and it is now late summer 2013. This broken promise lead to tremendous consequences and yesterday, The Mayor walked the plank...It was a fun and silly moment in local politics.

Full Disclosure: I know the Mayor, the MC and a number of mentioned Aldermen. It's a small city.

http://www.eyeonannapolis.net/2013/09/07/market-house-officially-open-mayor-cohen-officially-wet/