• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

A wise man once said...

Bugsy McGurk

President
That "wise man" got precisely what he wanted to supposedly avoid a complete Iraq meltdown - the surge and his extended troop withdrawal deal with Iraq.

And then Iraq melted down anyway.

Leading GOP cultists to blame....Obama!

;-)

Barbella

Senator
That "wise man" got precisely what he wanted to supposedly avoid a complete Iraq meltdown - the surge and his extended troop withdrawal deal with Iraq.

And then Iraq melted down anyway.

Leading GOP cultists to blame....Obama!

;-)
When Obama was elected, it became HIS job to re-assess the entire situation, and to re-negotiate the deal if the situation warranted.

Did he?

Bugsy McGurk

President
When Obama was elected, it became HIS job to re-assess the entire situation, and to re-negotiate the deal if the situation warranted.

Did he?
Of course. You saw his speech last night.

Iraq has completely melted down, just like opponents of GWB's war knew it would.

Barbella

Senator
Of course. You saw his speech last night.

Iraq has completely melted down, just like opponents of GWB's war knew it would.
ROTFLMAO! We're talking about re-negotiating our withdrawal from Iraq, and you babble about... what, exactly? Obama's failure to do so, and as a result yes, Iraq has completely melted down.

Bugsy McGurk

President
ROTFLMAO! We're talking about re-negotiating our withdrawal from Iraq, and you babble about... what, exactly? Obama's failure to do so, and as a result yes, Iraq has completely melted down.
I simply answered your question.

But why do you now claim that Obama should have renegotiated GWB's deal and kept our troops there? You Pugs thought that Iraq was then a wonderful place - a victory for GWB. Vindication. Suicide bombings were just frequent, not constant. You didn't call for keeping more US troops there back then, and you don't even want them there now. So how do you justify your Monday morning quarterbacking asserting that Obama should have overidden the GWB deal and kept our troops there past the deadline GWB agreed to?

Colorforms

Senator

But why do you now claim that Obama should have renegotiated GWB's deal and kept our troops there? You Pugs thought that Iraq was then a wonderful place - a victory for GWB. Vindication. Suicide bombings were just frequent, not constant. You didn't call for keeping more US troops there back then, and you don't even want them there now. So how do you justify your Monday morning quarterbacking asserting that Obama should have overidden the GWB deal and kept our troops there past the deadline GWB agreed to?
mmm, because Barry is the president? Or maybe because Iraq is his responsibility? Or maybe because Barry was warned about what a screw up like pulling out too soon could do? Or maybe because he cares enough about the US and the military as to not waste their blood and sacrifice?

You pick one.

Barbella

Senator

I have ALWAYS said a complete withdrawal of our troops will lead to a resurgence of al quaeda. No different from what will happen in Afghanistan, once we leave there.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

Bugsy McGurk

President
mmm, because Barry is the president? Or maybe because Iraq is his responsibility? Or maybe because Barry was warned about what a screw up like pulling out too soon could do? Or maybe because he cares enough about the US and the military as to not waste their blood and sacrifice?

You pick one.
Again, pure revisionism.

You say he was warned about pulling out our troops.

GWB got the surge he wanted. He got the troop withdrawal agreement he wanted. That agreement lapsed in 2011. When it lapsed, you Pugs were painting the picture of a wonderful GWB victory in Iraq. Complete vindication. Everything wonderful.

There was no GOP clamor for keeping our troops there. The contrary was true. And now you pretend that Obama was "warned" that honoring GWB's agreement and ending our combat role in Iraq would lead to the complete Iraq meltdown. Pure hooey - nothing but a desperate attempt by Pugs to blame the consequences of GWB's disastrous Iraq war on Obama.

Bugsy McGurk

President
I have ALWAYS said a complete withdrawal of our troops will lead to a resurgence of al quaeda. No different from what will happen in Afghanistan, once we leave there.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.
Jeez, then you must have harshly castigated GWB for his troop withdrawal agreement, and insisted that we keep the peace in Iraq with our troops forever.

Right?

;-)

Barbella

Senator
Jeez, then you must have harshly castigated GWB for his troop withdrawal agreement, and insisted that we keep the peace in Iraq with our troops forever.

Right?

;-)
I have always felt that the situation is fluid, NOTHING IS WRITTEN IN STONE, and if it needs to be re-negotiated, so be it.

Instead, we not only withdrew, we told them exactly WHEN we would do so... if I were a terrorist, what would I be thinking? There's only ONE possible answer to THAT question...

Figure it out.

Bugsy McGurk

President
I have always felt that the situation is fluid, NOTHING IS WRITTEN IN STONE, and if it needs to be re-negotiated, so be it.

Instead, we not only withdrew, we told them exactly WHEN we would do so... if I were a terrorist, what would I be thinking? There's only ONE possible answer to THAT question...

Figure it out.
Wow. That sounds like harsh criticism of GWB for his troop withdrawal agreement, which had hard deadlines in it.

But your overall view is that US troops should have - ahem - "kept the peace" in Iraq forever?

Colorforms

Senator
Again, pure revisionism.

You say he was warned about pulling out our troops.

GWB got the surge he wanted. He got the troop withdrawal agreement he wanted. That agreement lapsed in 2011. When it lapsed, you Pugs were painting the picture of a wonderful GWB victory in Iraq. Complete vindication. Everything wonderful.

There was no GOP clamor for keeping our troops there. The contrary was true. And now you pretend that Obama was "warned" that honoring GWB's agreement and ending our combat role in Iraq would lead to the complete Iraq meltdown. Pure hooey - nothing but a desperate attempt by Pugs to blame the consequences of GWB's disastrous Iraq war on Obama.
Excuse me, who was it that was so proud that he was pulling the troops out of a "stable and self sufficient Iraq"? Please don't tell me that was the GOP.

Barry had the intel, did the assessment (by his own words) and decided to pull the troops and leave Iraq to it's own devices. He was warned what that would do, he did it anyway.

Bush was gone for 3 years before Barry, the supposed president of the United States, pulled the troops without opting for negotiating a status of forces agreement.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Excuse me, who was it that was so proud that he was pulling the troops out of a "stable and self sufficient Iraq"? Please don't tell me that was the GOP.

Barry had the intel, did the assessment (by his own words) and decided to pull the troops and leave Iraq to it's own devices. He was warned what that would do, he did it anyway.

Bush was gone for 3 years before Barry, the supposed president of the United States, pulled the troops without opting for negotiating a status of forces agreement.
Hey, lots of people fooled themselves into thinking Iraq was stabilizing, which is why no one back then was clamoring to keep our troops in Iraq. It's only long after the fact that Pugs screech that Obama should have left our troops there (even without immunity from Iraqi prosecution), even though Pugs say they don't want our troops there now.

Completely incoherent GOP hackery that no one can explain or justify.

Colorforms

Senator
Hey, lots of people fooled themselves into thinking Iraq was stabilizing, which is why no one back then was clamoring to keep our troops in Iraq. It's only long after the fact that Pugs screech that Obama should have left our troops there (even without immunity from Iraqi prosecution), even though Pugs say they don't want our troops there now.

Completely incoherent GOP hackery that no one can explain or justify.
So you're saying that even Barry isn't immune to Barry's lies.

We finally agree on something.