• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Boots on the Ground - door opened now.

Jen

Senator
boots on ground in ISIS fight

"The top U.S. military leader opened the door Tuesday to U.S. troops on the ground in the fight against the Islamic State, testifying before Congress that he could recommend "U.S. military ground forces" if the international coalition being formed proves ineffective against the terror group."

We have started down that slippery slope. It's one we've been down before. The bottom of the slope is never a good place.

This commentary is neither pro nor con.
It is a statement of what our military leaders believe "is".

afella

Mayor
boots on ground in ISIS fight

"The top U.S. military leader opened the door Tuesday to U.S. troops on the ground in the fight against the Islamic State, testifying before Congress that he could recommend "U.S. military ground forces" if the international coalition being formed proves ineffective against the terror group."

We have started down that slippery slope. It's one we've been down before. The bottom of the slope is never a good place.

This commentary is neither pro nor con.
It is a statement of what our military leaders believe "is".

The door isn't now open. We've already gone through the door with mud on the boots as of a few weeks ago. There's only one way to call in accurate air strikes, and it isn't with a drone. We just keep calling a duck a goose when we should be honest and call it a duck. 1700, military persons are in Iraq and they aren't all just sitting at the embassy.

Note, this has to end up in a ground war. It is the only way to ensure the mission goals are met and the "threat" ( I use that term VERY loosely) is "resolved".

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
More than likely it will a few thousand special ops ...Hardly a bumbling invasion like Bush did in 2003..

afella

Mayor
More than likely it will a few thousand special ops ...Hardly a bumbling invasion like Bush did in 2003..
A dead US soldier is a dead US soldier, I do not care about the details of how when it comes to the ME. There is NO actual threat to the US and only a minor threat to our interests, at best. Pointless to spend treasure, and more importantly lives.

I feel like Obummer gets more and more like Bush everyday. Disgusting. "No boots on ground! Except these few thousand and these few thousand, but they do not count." He needs to stop the lies.

Jen

Senator
The door isn't now open. We've already gone through the door with mud on the boots as of a few weeks ago. There's only one way to call in accurate air strikes, and it isn't with a drone. We just keep calling a duck a goose when we should be honest and call it a duck. 1700, military persons are in Iraq and they aren't all just sitting at the embassy.

Note, this has to end up in a ground war. It is the only way to ensure the mission goals are met and the "threat" ( I use that term VERY loosely) is "resolved".
Well, of course we already have boots on the ground, but for those who believed Obama when he said that there will be no boots on the ground, that statement is now fiction and the door is open.

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
A dead US soldier is a dead US soldier, I do not care about the details of how when it comes to the ME. There is NO actual threat to the US and only a minor threat to our interests, at best. Pointless to spend treasure, and more importantly lives.

I feel like Obummer gets more and more like Bush everyday. Disgusting. "No boots on ground! Except these few thousand and these few thousand, but they do not count." He needs to stop the lies.
Hey they joined the Military that is the risk they take...Most Americans disagree "ISIS" isn't a threat...If it helps to degrade and destroy their capabilities...So be it...Send in some special ops

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
Well, of course we already have boots on the ground, but for those who believed Obama when he said that there will be no boots on the ground, that statement is now fiction and the door is open.
The situation is fluid and changing....You can bash the President for his policy...Thankfully he and his advisers won't listen to the mindless carping and sideline snarky comments from the Right Wing

But as you can see from the posts of the knob-polishers like Saladin, they do still believe it...

Caroljo

Senator
I hope you're wrong (but I think you're right)...it could mean my son will be heading back over there AGAIN. Sometimes I think he should have stuck with his original job in the Army as a Fueler! But he's doing what he loves....I'm just the mom sitting home, supporting him, & worrying :).

Spamature

President

What do you think we owe the Iraq people ? After intentionally starving the country for a decade because we hated their leader . We then invade the country, destroy the government and then leave them vulnerable to chaos we see in that country today.

What did those people do to us other than get in the way of our bombs and bullets meant for the terrorist we essentially invited into that country in a fight them over there instead of fight them over her strategy.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
What do you think we owe the Iraq people ? After intentionally starving the country for a decade because we hated their leader . We then invade the country, destroy the government and then leave them vulnerable to chaos we see in that country today.

What did those people do to us other than get in the way of our bombs and bullets meant for the terrorist we essentially invited into that country in a fight them over there instead of fight them over her strategy.
You guys need to stop finding a reason to agree with everything Obama does and find your bloody voices.

This has gotten completely out of hand. Adults aren't endlessly malleable like this.

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
Everything Obama says and does is rendered correct and agreeable by virtue of his having said or done it. These guys fall into line every.single.time.
And your kind criticizing every move...With NO solutions or alternatives...No wonder your kind is ignored

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
But as you can see from the posts of the knob-polishers like Saladin, they do still believe it...
No doubt these ISIS thugs are thrilled at the prospect of you haters of the President so willing to divide the nation and criticize every decision he makes against them

Spamature

President
You guys need to stop finding a reason to agree with everything Obama does and find your bloody voices.

This has gotten completely out of hand. Adults aren't endlessly malleable like this.
I just asked a question. I didn't say I agree with anything. You could have answered the question yourself. In fact still can.

Jen

Senator
Everything Obama says and does is rendered correct and agreeable by virtue of his having said or done it. These guys fall into line every.single.time.
They do fall in line.
They really do.
It is interesting to watch them leap over that cliff as if it will be safe just because The Obama said it would be.
o_O:confused:

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
I just asked a question. I didn't say I agree with anything. You could have answered the question yourself. In fact still can.
These Dick Head Republican fully supported the bumbling invasion of Iraq...They helped burn the house down...Now they criticize the President for trying to put out the fire...They started...They offer NO solutions...NO ideas...Just sideline carping and partisan bullshit