• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Corporations align w Obama to reduce global warming emissions

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
The Obama administration on Tuesday announced a series of moves aimed at cutting emissions of hydrofluorocarbons, or HFCs, powerful greenhouse gases that contribute to climate change.

The White House has secured voluntary agreements from some of the nation’s largest companies to scale down or phase out their use of HFCs, which are factory-made gases used in air conditioning and refrigeration. Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Red Bull, Kroger, Honeywell and DuPont, the company that invented fluorinated refrigerants, have agreed to cut their use and replace them with climate-friendly alternatives.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/17/us/hfc-emissions-cut-under-agreement.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&version=HpHeadline&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

since we've had no increase in average temperatures in approximately 2 decades, this clearly deserves to be a top priority for President Obama.

92 million americans out of the workforce and a 50% dropout rate in most inner city schools are irrelevant.

"get the carbon atoms. kill them all. show no mercy"

Dino

Russian Asset
The Obama administration on Tuesday announced a series of moves aimed at cutting emissions of hydrofluorocarbons, or HFCs, powerful greenhouse gases that contribute to climate change.

The White House has secured voluntary agreements from some of the nation’s largest companies to scale down or phase out their use of HFCs, which are factory-made gases used in air conditioning and refrigeration. Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Red Bull, Kroger, Honeywell and DuPont, the company that invented fluorinated refrigerants, have agreed to cut their use and replace them with climate-friendly alternatives.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/17/us/hfc-emissions-cut-under-agreement.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&version=HpHeadline&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0
The reason the nation's "largest companies" consent to changes like this is because the smaller companies can barely afford to do so. Less competition is always favorable in a business climate- the only one that matters to companies.

Colorforms

Senator

I'm sure it was "voluntary".

justoffal

Senator
since we've had no increase in average temperatures in approximately 2 decades, this clearly deserves to be a top priority for President Obama.

92 million americans out of the workforce and a 50% dropout rate in most inner city schools are irrelevant.

"get the carbon atoms. kill them all. show no mercy"
The climate has become a slave of the KKK! It refuses to cooperate with the left!
RACIST....all of it...Weather, Climate, Ice caps....RACISTS all of them

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACIST! I TELL YA! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACIST!

connieb

Senator

So, now we can all pay more for their products. Yippeee. Thanks Mr. Obama.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
of course 'O' will go with something no one can see or show it has failed...........

wonder how much money these companies paid for this advertisement__________
'O' gets the $$$$$$$$$$$ they get the tax deductions.....win-win

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
This thread is funny in that the naysayers to the top post are the SAME people who're given to shouting the wonderousness of "free markets" at us.
the naysayer repub/cons don't know what they know anymore. they're confused.
I think this guy scrambled their brains.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
This thread is funny in that the naysayers to the top post are the SAME people who're given to shouting the wonderousness of "free markets" at us.
It's also funny in that Julie is once again acting as "Internet Press Secretary" for BHO. The habit of re-posting tag lines, speech transcripts, links to pressers, and content of (exclusively pro-administration) news stories is bizarre, but predictable.
:)

connieb

Senator
corporations understand the threat of global warming. when will repub/cons understand it?
Corporations don't give a crap - they know they will just be able to force americans to pay more for their products. When you can prove the material and imment threat to Americans I will care more about paying more for products. but, everything we here -even in the oh noez the world is coming to an end chicken little's is about what will happen elsewhere. Sorry, I dont' care what island will be under water in 200 years and am not willing pay more or be taxed more or have more Gov't intrusion because of it.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Corporations don't give a crap - they know they will just be able to force americans to pay more for their products. When you can prove the material and imment threat to Americans I will care more about paying more for products. but, everything we here -even in the oh noez the world is coming to an end chicken little's is about what will happen elsewhere. Sorry, I dont' care what island will be under water in 200 years and am not willing pay more or be taxed more or have more Gov't intrusion because of it.
being concerned about the generations down the road and enacting policies to mitigate the effects of global warming is an act of altruism.

connieb

Senator
being concerned about the generations down the road and enacting policies to mitigate the effects of global warming is an act of altruism.
And, you are free to be altruistic with your own resources. I do not care to be altruistic bases on a bunch of as of yet unsubstantiated and not proven to the degree of certainty that I think is necessary to worry about, with mine.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
the naysayer repub/cons don't know what they know anymore. they're confused.
I think this guy scrambled their brains.

NO...............that community loser scrambled YOUR 2 cell brain............jimmay Carter is smarter than that boy..........