• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Dow closes down 800 points

Bugsy McGurk

President
Lawrence O'Donnell reminded us when the economy was tanking in 2007/08, Bush's Hank Paulsen went to Nancy Pelosi and begged her to help forestall a crash. She did.

Now we have Trump who knows nothing plus he has no one in his admin who qualifies as a legit economist. Gene Sperling said Trump is like a drunk driver, reckless, so just his being president is a threat to our and the world's economy. God help us!
It’s become a predictable cycle - GOP presidents tank the economy and a Dem president comes in and cleans up the mess. At which point Republicans carp that the Dem recovery “wasn’t good enough.”

;-)

Bugsy McGurk

President
Trump has no fvcking idea what "inverted yield curve" means.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

..Spread is way too much as other countries say THANK YOU to clueless Jay Powell and the Federal Reserve. Germany, and many others, are playing the game! CRAZY INVERTED YIELD CURVE! We should easily be reaping big Rewards & Gains, but the Fed is holding us back. We will Win!

12:21 PM - 14 Aug 2019
He must have heard some moron yapping about it on Fox Noise. Trump just needs excuses for his disasters, even if he has no idea what he’s talking about. He knows that his cultists will now start screeching about that “crazy inverted yield curve.”

EatTheRich

President
Trump has no fvcking idea what "inverted yield curve" means.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

..Spread is way too much as other countries say THANK YOU to clueless Jay Powell and the Federal Reserve. Germany, and many others, are playing the game! CRAZY INVERTED YIELD CURVE! We should easily be reaping big Rewards & Gains, but the Fed is holding us back. We will Win!

12:21 PM - 14 Aug 2019
It means the institutional investors are already panicking.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Dunno if this is the front end indicator of an overdue correction or merely some momentary volatility, but the long term play is the smart play. Same as it ever was.
Today was kinda calm. Hope tomorrow is too. After Labor Day is what concerns me in the short-term.

D

Deleted member 21794

No. He could be right for now. It could go down and stay down for awhile before it goes back up. And rising financial markets doesn't help everyone,just as a decline doesn't hurt everyone.
I discovered bear market funds a few years ago. I'm fine with either direction. :)

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Eventually, yes. But it took years to recover after the epic GWB economic collapse. The question is whether we are heading in that direction again.
I've got time. I'm not planning to take anything out for another 6 years.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
Lawrence O'Donnell reminded us when the economy was tanking in 2007/08, Bush's Hank Paulsen went to Nancy Pelosi and begged her to help forestall a crash. She did.

Now we have Trump who knows nothing plus he has no one in his admin who qualifies as a legit economist. Gene Sperling said Trump is like a drunk driver, reckless, so just his being president is a threat to our and the world's economy. God help us!
She crashed in 2007 and now.

Bugsy McGurk

President
I've got time. I'm not planning to take anything out for another 6 years.
The tough decision when the markets face a likely crash is whether to shift funds out of stocks (even into cash), and buy back in when the crash is over. The best of both worlds, although timing the markets is concededly difficult.