• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Earlier today.....

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
I live 6.5 miles from the ITC tank facility in Deer Park,TX that has been burning since Sunday morning. It started out with 2 tanks on fire. It was up to 8 tanks this morning and from some vantage points you could see the flames from ground level miles away. These pictures are probably 8-9 miles away around noon today.

IMG_20190319_115553209.jpg

IMG_20190319_115714292.jpg

IMG_20190319_115817992.jpg

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Go to your Doctor..... today. Now. Get some tests done and your oxygen levels checked etc. If you are negatively affected by this, you're gonna need all the documentation you can get.
Take the family in too.
I live east of it and work south of it. The winds have been E/NE. It's been blowing away from me.

MrMike

Bless you all
I live 6.5 miles from the ITC tank facility in Deer Park,TX that has been burning since Sunday morning. It started out with 2 tanks on fire. It was up to 8 tanks this morning and from some vantage points you could see the flames from ground level miles away. These pictures are probably 8-9 miles away around noon today.

View attachment 42157

View attachment 42158

View attachment 42159
Dang...

Heard this morning the fire is finally out. Now, you have to wonder what the real damage (breathing in the fumes) is long term for those in the zone.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Dang...

Heard this morning the fire is finally out. Now, you have to wonder what the real damage (breathing in the fumes) is long term for those in the zone.
Yep. It's out. Clear day today and high pressure. Back to the normal light brown layer of surface air.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
I guess I need to call my kids in Texas City
The fire is out and the smoke was blown west/SW by the wind. Texas City was never in danger from it but it never hurts to call kids. My kid called me from Austin to make sure we were okay.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
The fire is out and the smoke was blown west/SW by the wind. Texas City was never in danger from it but it never hurts to call kids. My kid called me from Austin to make sure we were okay.
Is El Paso far enough away to not be affected, I have a kid there also.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
So now we are under a mandatory shelter in place because benzene was detected in the air.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
You folks who live near all that crap have probably built up a tolerance to it, it's everybody else that should be staying in, IMO.
I would call it indifference more than tolerance. Some people have or develop respiratory issues and just have to move away from here.

freyasman

Senator
I would call it indifference more than tolerance. Some people have or develop respiratory issues and just have to move away from here.
All the time I've spent looking for land around here, I never went looking out that way...... and shit like this is why.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
All the time I've spent looking for land around here, I never went looking out that way...... and shit like this is why.
You could look further east but one of these days, Houston will sprawl all the way to the Trinity River.

freyasman

Senator
You could look further east but one of these days, Houston will sprawl all the way to the Trinity River.
Yeah, I been pushing my search west. I'm looking at a site near Sealy this weekend, and I saw some areas I liked up by Navasota, too.