• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

GOP "extreme and disrespectful" War on Women

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Missouri lawmakers enacted one of the nation's most stringent abortion waiting periods Wednesday, overriding a veto of legislation that will require women to wait 72 hours after consulting with a doctor before ending a pregnancy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/11/missouri-abortion-waiting-period_n_5801706.html

I was just posting earlier about how republicans treat women as if they're stupid, treat them like second class citizens. this action by the MO republicans is another unfortunate example of that.

Missouri lawmakers enacted one of the nation's most stringent abortion waiting periods Wednesday, overriding a veto of legislation that will require women to wait 72 hours after consulting with a doctor before ending a pregnancy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/11/missouri-abortion-waiting-period_n_5801706.html

I was just posting earlier about how republicans treat women as if they're stupid, treat them like second class citizens. this action by the MO republicans is another unfortunate example of that.
will require women to wait 72 hours after consulting with a doctor before ending a pregnancy.
That's considered radical?

What's wrong with requiring a woman to think about what she's actually doing (ending her child's life) before doing it? You can't undo it once it's done.

I think it's smart. If more people thought a bit longer before doing something before they actually did it, they would be better off in a lot of instances.

Act in haste, repent at leisure.

If you object to that, then you really are an abortion on demand radical.

PS: one of the definitions of 'stupid' is believing that not forcing someone to pay for your stuff is denying you access to it. The women who believe that, and vote on it as an issue, ARE stupid.

Barbella

Senator

Yeah, and these EUROPEANS!!! They all hate women, too!!! Obviously!!!

In Germany, women seeking first-trimester abortions are subject to a mandatory three-day waiting period and a counseling session. Abortions after the first 12 weeks of pregnancy are forbidden except in cases of grave threat to the mother's physical or mental health. The Netherlands mandates a five-day waiting period between initial consultation and abortion; clinics must provide women with information about abortion alternatives. Abortion is then legal until viability (legally defined as 24 weeks, usually interpreted as 22 weeks). In Belgium, where abortion was illegal until 1990, there's a six-day waiting period and the woman must claim to be in "a state of distress" before receiving a first-trimester abortion.

Many Western European countries have what might seem like odd requirements and exceptions to their abortion laws.

In Finland (home of the now-famous Finnish baby boxes and other enviable government benefits), abortion is available up to 12 weeks of pregnancy, unless the woman is under 17 years old, in which case she may have an abortion until she's 20 weeks pregnant. But even for early abortions, women must provide a "social reason" for seeking to terminate her pregnancy, such as poverty, extreme distress, or already having at least four children. While in practice most abortion requests are granted, it still forces women to prove to an authority the validity of their desire not to have a baby. In Denmark, abortion is available on demand up to 12 weeks of pregnancy. Afterward, exceptions are made for cases of rape, threats to the woman's physical or mental health, risk of fetal defects, and -- revealingly -- in cases where the woman can demonstrate lack of financial resources to care for a child.

Israel (though not part of Europe, obviously) has similarly idiosyncratic requirements and restrictions. Though 93 percent of American Jews support abortion rights in all or most cases, and the Torah has little to say about abortion, the Jewish state of Israel has fairly heavy-handed abortion laws. Abortion is illegal for married women between ages 17 and 40, except in cases of rape, incest, fetal malformation, or risk to the mother's physical or mental health. Women eligible for abortions (the unmarried ones, that is) must submit to ultrasounds, wade through rivers of paperwork, and plead their case to an expert.

Eastern Europe, a stronghold of liberal abortion laws under Communism, has become increasingly strict of late. Russia recently passed a law restricting abortion to the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, and Russian clinics are also now forced to give (medically dubious) warnings about the health risks of abortion, which supposedly include cancer and infertility. After the fall of the USSR, Poland enacted some of Europe's strictest abortion laws , banning the procedure except in cases of rape, fetal malformation, or serious threats to the woman's health. The Ukraine is currently threatening to follow suit.
http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2013/08/in-liberal-europe-abortion-laws-come-with-their-own-restrictions/278350/

I'm really sick and tired of this "GOP war on women" b.s. You people want unlimited, free, no-questions-asked abortions on demand that practically no other country on earth except China allows. Move to [Unwelcome language removed] China, or shut up already with your b.s. "war on women".

justoffal

Senator

What you mean to say is War on black women.

Latinos do not go to abortion clinics and the line there consists of 80/20 black <> white.....

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20140416/discuss/140419212/

And then you have Tavis Smiliey complaining about how Latinos are overtaking Blacks on the political scene. Gee... I wonder why that's happening?

JO

Last edited:

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member

What's wrong with requiring a woman to think about what she's actually doing (ending her child's life) before doing it? You can't undo it once it's done.

I think it's smart. If more people thought a bit longer before doing something before they actually did it, they would be better off in a lot of instances.

PS: one of the definitions of 'stupid' is believing that not forcing someone to pay for your stuff is denying you access to it. The women who believe that, and vote on it as an issue, ARE stupid.
thanks for doing EXACTLY what I accused the GOP of doing in their war on women.....calling women too stupid to make a decision about their own body.

thanks for doing EXACTLY what I accused the GOP of doing in their war on women.....calling women too stupid to make a decision about their own body.
Well if the belief that waiting 72 hours to give one time to think, before killing one's child, (a rather important decision,) is stupid, then we have to once again change the definition of another word. I think it is stupid to rush into such an action.

But then again Liberal Women who vote for the modern day Democrat party are stupid, Men too, for that matter.

Unless they like high energy prices, corporations being chased off shore by Democrat tax policy, the targeting of anyone with enough money to create a job, a mid east on fire, Russian expansion into Eastern Europe, Americans being beheaded on video by group who Obama thinks he can actually stop without supplying American troops, Not realizing that we are at war with radical Islam, the Embarrassment of having the 'rebels' who we helped in Libya kill our ambassador and take over our embassy forcing the evacuation of all American personnel, etc. If they agree with that, and that's their definition of smart. Well, this country hasn't got much longer, as founded.

Good luck with that.

Last edited:

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2013/08/in-liberal-europe-abortion-laws-come-with-their-own-restrictions/278350/

I'm really sick and tired of this "GOP war on women" b.s. You people want unlimited, free, no-questions-asked abortions on demand that practically no other country on earth except China allows. Move to [Unwelcome language removed] China, or shut up already with your b.s. "war on women".
I'll bet you and your friends weren't forced to talk to a doctor and then forced to wait 3 days when you had your abortions, but NOW you want to treat women like children, claim they're too stupid to make that personal decision on their own, you self-righteous hypocrite.

justoffal

Senator

You know what? Let them have at it...... You can't really stop them anyway.....

They want to commit self genocide then so be it.

The world will probably be a better place.

JO

Barbella

Senator
I'll bet you and your friends weren't forced to talk to a doctor and then forced to wait 3 days when you had your abortions, but NOW you want to treat women like children, claim they're too stupid to make that personal decision on their own, you self-righteous hypocrite.

Barbella

Senator
You know what? Let them have at it...... You can't really stop them anyway.....

They want to commit self genocide then so be it.

The world will probably be a better place.

JO
Oh, believe me... I'm perfectly willing to let them commit self genocide.... in fact, I RECOMMEND it!

I'm just sick and tired of hearing them wail and cry "NOT FAIR" about a few rules...

justoffal

Senator
Well if the belief that waiting 72 hours to give one time to think, before killing one's child, (a rather important decision,) is stupid, then we have to once again change the definition of another world. I think it is stupid to rush into such an action.

But then again Liberal Women who vote for the modern day Democrat party are stupid, Men too, for that matter.
The Democrats are like a drug habit. You want a fix? Vote for it! Got a habit? Great....we'll keep it going for you just vote us in. Perverted? No problem...we'll make it legal.

That's the great thing about liberalism... it is by definition lack of discipline. Of course that ususally has bad results.

JO

Last edited:
What we really need is to open spay and neuter clinics for Liberals. That would solve the whole problem.

justoffal

Senator

Lemme see now the proper liberal response to his would be...ahh.. I have it!

Why do you hate women?

JO

justoffal

Senator
Some women ARE too stupid to make a decision about their own bodies. That's why they continue to have sex without protection and have pregnancy after pregnancy that they simply abort.
Remember Sandra Fluke.... right there in front of her boyfriend on national TV she confessed that she had sex with multiple partners on a regular basis. Gee... I wonder how that played out later on at dinner time? Sometimes four or five time a day I believe the comment was made.

JO

justoffal

Senator
Oh, believe me... I'm perfectly willing to let them commit self genocide.... in fact, I RECOMMEND it!

I'm just sick and tired of hearing them wail and cry "NOT FAIR" about a few rules...
It occurs to me that we are actually doing them a favor by trying to slow them down... Never mind that an abortion is not a personal decision...you are deciding for another person that they will never be born.

JO

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
How many abortions have you had?

Jen

Senator

I think it's a good idea to allow a woman to think over the killing of her baby for 72 hours before carrying it out.

Sometimes a woman is pressured by the baby daddy and sometimes she is pressured by friends or by family. That decision must be her own. And a wait of 72 hours will allow her to think it through if she hasn't done that and decide whether or not it's her idea and whether or not she can live with that decision for the rest of her life.

I think that, in retrospect, any woman that has had to wait for those few extra hours will be thankful for them in the long run.