• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Let's Compare: Mitt Rmoney vs Jimmy Carter

Mitt Rmoney said recently that EVEN Jimmy Carter would have ordered the raid that killed Osama bin Laden. [Even though Mitt had earlier criticized Barack Obama for saying that he WOULD be willing to send special forces into Pakistan to get high-value Al Qaeda targets.]

I thought it might be interesting to compare these two men.

Jimmy Carter: Graduated first in his class at the Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland. [Factoid: the Naval Academy is the toughest institution of higher learning in the entire land to get into. Tougher than MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Yale, Cal Tech, Princeton, University of Chicago, tougher than all of them.] Got a degree in nuclear engineering, and helped to develop America's first nuclear submarine, under Admiral Hyman Rickover, often considered the 'godfather' of America's modern Navy.

Mitt Rmoney: Has a nice yacht. Sometimes wears a jaunty sailor's cap, like the Skipper wore on Gilligan's Island, when he wants to pretend to be the cap'n.

LeRoy: OK, OK, I stole some of that from David Letterman. So sue me.

GordonGecko

President
How can you do that Gordon? Walter had brains and used them:eek:)
True, but....speaking pure electoral politics.

Think about it...Northern technocratic Party-approved Nominee, who beat back some true believers (Gary Hart, etc) to face a personally popular incumbent President in a recovering economy. And who ultimately was forced to run on a contradictory platform and "Still not good enough" complaints about the economy.