• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Obama latte salute vs Bush dog salute

Tameamea

Council Member
Everyone is so after Obama after his recent latte fail, but he wasn't the one to set the trend. Bush was also innovative enough in this aspect.
So, who do you think is more creative? I vote for Bush. The doggie is really cute.

Everyone is so after Obama after his recent latte fail, but he wasn't the one to set the trend. Bush was also innovative enough in this aspect.
So, who do you think is more creative? I vote for Bush. The doggie is really cute.

In the latter photo, Bush's hand is still in motion and we don't see the actual salute.

Try harder next time.

Reactions: Jen

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
As far as I noticed, he has real problems with such thing as decent behavior. Including pride, dignity, thinking, adequacy. Balls, at last.
But still.. He's the president. =) And he has latte. =)
I'm not a fan of "pride".

Can you explain why you believe pride to be an indicator of "decent behavior"?

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
Army Regulations r600_25 suggests that in this incident :

Carrying articles with both hands so occupied as to make saluting impracticable
But since lefty is so bent on pointing out so she/he/it can say "they all did it or Bush did it too...Wrong!

Obama didn't have to salute...hands full but then we cant expect Obama to know this...We don't expect him to know much. Bush 's hand was not full so there fore he should salute whereas Obama hands were full...he shouldn't have saluted...btw why doesn't anyone carry his stuff?

Colorforms

Senator
As far as I noticed, he has real problems with such thing as decent behavior. Including pride, dignity, thinking, adequacy. Balls, at last.
But still.. He's the president. =) And he has latte. =)
My take on it is salute or don't salute, that's up to you. But if you are going to salute, at least look like you're trying to show respect. I can see that in Bush's salute. At least he tried, despite the circumstances. What I saw in Barry's salute was "yeah yeah...whatever".

It's kind of like with people, talk or don't talk, but if you do talk, don't be a jerk.

Zoar

Governor
You Righties are so wrapped up in whose American Flag Lapel Pin is bigger or who puts there hand more appropriately on their heart, and now crap about saluting?????

We have bigger and far more important issues to deal with. But your demonizing of Obama is for you THE MOST IMPORTANT THING for you to be doing with our miserable life.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
You Righties are so wrapped up in whose American Flag Lapel Pin is bigger or who puts there hand more appropriately on their heart, and now crap about saluting?????

We have bigger and far more important issues to deal with. But your demonizing of Obama is for you THE MOST IMPORTANT THING for you to be doing with our miserable life.
If the issues the cons get exorcised over are the worst of our problems, we're in spectacular shape.

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
W Bush???...I thought these Right Wing fools wanted to forget about Bush?....After 8 years of the ass hole dragging America down I guess it is hard to remove the stench of Bush

Arkady

President
Army Regulations r600_25 suggests that in this incident :

But since lefty is so bent on pointing out so she/he/it can say "they all did it or Bush did it too...Wrong!

Obama didn't have to salute...hands full but then we cant expect Obama to know this...We don't expect him to know much. Bush 's hand was not full so there fore he should salute whereas Obama hands were full...he shouldn't have saluted...btw why doesn't anyone carry his stuff?
Army regulations don't apply to civilians and the president is a civilian.

Arkady

President
My take on it is salute or don't salute, that's up to you. But if you are going to salute, at least look like you're trying to show respect. I can see that in Bush's salute. At least he tried, despite the circumstances. What I saw in Barry's salute was "yeah yeah...whatever".

It's kind of like with people, talk or don't talk, but if you do talk, don't be a jerk.
We should either get rid of the tradition of presidents always saluting (a tradition that raging imbecile and national disaster Ronald Reagan got started), or we should get rid of the honor guards. I don't want the president distracted by this BS every time he gets on and off a plane or helicopter, and so on. He's got better things to worry about.

Either that, or perhaps conservatives could just get over their hatred of Democrats to the very minimal extent needed not to fixate on trivia like this. After all, "yeah yeah... whatever" is the exact attitude that's normally communicated by senior military personnel when returning the salute of more junior ones in very casual encounters like these. Check out a general returning the salute of a Lt. in passing and half the time his arm will hardly make it halfway to his head. It's the privilege of rank, and nobody ranks higher than the CinC. Getting outraged because of a half-hearted salute by the President of the United States to some young enlised people in passing just makes people look shallow-minded and thin-skinned.

Colorforms

Senator
We should either get rid of the tradition of presidents always saluting (a tradition that raging imbecile and national disaster Ronald Reagan got started), or we should get rid of the honor guards. I don't want the president distracted by this BS every time he gets on and off a plane or helicopter, and so on. He's got better things to worry about.

Either that, or perhaps conservatives could just get over their hatred of Democrats to the very minimal extent needed not to fixate on trivia like this. After all, "yeah yeah... whatever" is the exact attitude that's normally communicated by senior military personnel when returning the salute of more junior ones in very casual encounters like these. Check out a general returning the salute of a Lt. in passing and half the time his arm will hardly make it halfway to his head. It's the privilege of rank, and nobody ranks higher than the CinC. Getting outraged because of a half-hearted salute by the President of the United States to some young enlised people in passing just makes people look shallow-minded and thin-skinned.
It's just all part of the Barry mystique. What youndon't want are more examples for Barry to be shown for what he is.

This imbecile and national disaster can't even take 5 seconds out to give a halfway decent salute. He's an embarrassment, and liberals know it.

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
It's just all part of the Barry mystique. What youndon't want are more examples for Barry to be shown for what he is.

This imbecile and national disaster can't even take 5 seconds out to give a halfway decent salute. He's an embarrassment, and liberals know it.
He shouldn't have to salute at all...You Right Wing Loons are so caught up in that meaningless Bullshit

Colorforms

Senator
He shouldn't have to salute at all...You Right Wing Loons are so caught up in that meaningless Bullshit
But he did, and then he chose to half-ass it. That's the embarrassing part. If he didn't salute at all it would have been better.

Just another example of how this imbecile and national disaster shows his contempt for those beneath his station.

Zoar

Governor

I agree the President needing to SALUTE is just idiotic and was started by the RAYGUN, a less than Hollywood "B" rated ACTOR who tried to play the role of President of the USA and was worse than "B" at that too !!!

Ditch the stupid, waste of time Saluting of the President. It is Right Wing Crap, anyway.

Zoar

Governor
But he did, and then he chose to half-ass it. That's the embarrassing part. If he didn't salute at all it would have been better.

Just another example of how this imbecile and national disaster shows his contempt for those beneath his station.
OMG, if he did NOT salute, RIGHTIES would have been CRITICIZING THAT TOO for endless hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours!!!!

With Righties, whatever Obama does or does NOT do, YOU will criticize him!

Obama is in a NO WIN situation with Righties and has been there from DAY 1.