• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
We are a national community of religious organizations and faithful individuals dedicated to achieving reproductive justice. Through education, organizing and advocacy, we seek to elevate religious voices wherever faith, policy and our reproductive lives intersect.

http://rcrc.org/

gigi

Mayor
Oh my goodness. Are you just discovering these people? Did you like them on facebook yet.

They're an interesting group. While they purport to explain what each faith perspective teaches about "choice", when it comes time to discuss a faith that conflicts with THEIR views on "choice", their information really only consists of sources that argue AGAINST the end pronouncement made by each faith teaching, whilie purposely omitting the logic and interpretations that lead to those end pronouncements. They do not at all offer women easy access to their faith perspectives' doctrinal and theological understanding of things like contraception and abortion, even though they sure make it seem like they do. Here's one example of such, but you can find them under every "faith perspective" they deign to talk about. No actual doctrine.
http://rcrc.org/homepage/perspectives/catholic/

The rcrc's overall message is to kindly ignore your religious beliefs when contemplating abortion and contraception, either for yourself or in the general sense, if your religious beliefs conflict with their agenda.

No woman seeking to understand how her choices re contraception and abortion affect her relationship with God, within the context of the "faith perspective" she feels she finds Him in should seek honest guidance from the rcrc.

And if you get down to the nitty gritty with one of them and start asking about what God might think of a choice to destroy a human being He's created, you get a lot of talk about forgiveness. Only sins need to be forgiven.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Oh my goodness. Are you just discovering these people? Did you like them on facebook yet.

They're an interesting group. While they purport to explain what each faith perspective teaches about "choice", when it comes time to discuss a faith that conflicts with THEIR views on "choice", their information really only consists of sources that argue AGAINST the end pronouncement made by each faith teaching, whilie purposely omitting the logic and interpretations that lead to those end pronouncements. They do not at all offer women easy access to their faith perspectives' doctrinal and theological understanding of things like contraception and abortion, even though they sure make it seem like they do. Here's one example of such, but you can find them under every "faith perspective" they deign to talk about. No actual doctrine.
http://rcrc.org/homepage/perspectives/catholic/

The rcrc's overall message is to kindly ignore your religious beliefs when contemplating abortion and contraception, either for yourself or in the general sense, if your religious beliefs conflict with their agenda.

No woman seeking to understand how her choices re contraception and abortion affect her relationship with God, within the context of the "faith perspective" she feels she finds Him in should seek honest guidance from the rcrc.

And if you get down to the nitty gritty with one of them and start asking about what God might think of a choice to destroy a human being He's created, you get a lot of talk about forgiveness. Only sins need to be forgiven.
Jesus doesn't care about abortion.

gigi

Mayor
thanks for confirming that you, too, know that Jesus didn't talk about abortion.
I believe Jesus, which is to say God, is pretty clear about the creation of life and about killing. Why do you feel that my asking you a question confirms something? And are you going to answer my question?
Enlighten me Julie.
Do you think Jesus doesn't care if we kill our children? After all, its' one God that created life. Do you believe that God calls life into creation and then doesn't care about what happens to it?

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
I believe Jesus, which is to say God, is pretty clear about the creation of life and about killing. Why do you feel that my asking you a question confirms something? And are you going to answer my question?
Enlighten me Julie.
Do you think Jesus doesn't care if we kill our children? After all, its' one God that created life. Do you believe that God calls life into creation and then doesn't care about what happens to it?
Jesus didn't talk about abortion. you didn't disagree.

gigi

Mayor
Jesus didn't talk about abortion. you didn't disagree.
Actually I did disagree with you in my last post. But if you need to read the word....Okay,. fine.. I disagree.

Now, are you going to answer my question or are you going to keep dodging it?
And before you ask me the question you've been setting up, do the right thing and answer mine.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Actually I did disagree with you in my last post. But if you need to read the word....Okay,. fine.. I disagree.

Now, are you going to answer my question or are you going to keep dodging it?
And before you ask me the question you've been setting up, do the right thing and answer mine.
you disagree? well, then tell us where Jesus talked about abortion.

BobbyT

Governor
Your god likes dead babies. Creepy...
Your god likes whatever people do. According to your bible, he loves all his children. Don't god's children have free will? God, being god, could stop anything he wanted to. Back when he was in the Old Testament, he murdered a whole slew of first born children, many of whom were doubtless babies, himself, so I guess he understands how his creatures would murder at will; they learned from a pretty big example - or do you think Old Testament god was different from New Testament god?

gigi

Mayor
you disagree? well, then tell us where Jesus talked about abortion.
Actually, Julie, you're going to answer that question for me....when you answer the question I asked you twice now. Your dodge is pitiful. you didn't think it through. This is what happens when you take your talking points from the rcrc. They leave you with your back end hanging out in the wind, as you are now.

So, your answer???? Tell us...when we kill our children, is it okay with Jesus? That's three times now I've asked you. And here's a couple more...Does God not love us before we're born? Does He create life and if so, is it okay with Him that we destroy a life that He's created in the manner He chose to create us? the answers to these can all be found in the Bible....give us your understanding.

And by the way, Jesus doesn't talk about guns, either. But you seem to be so sure that it's hypocrisy for a Christian to own one or advocate for the right to own one. How do you reconcile that?

Oh, and here's another question. Do you believe in the Trinity? One God in three divine Persons? Or do you believe that Jesus is the antidote to God the Father?

I know, Lots of questions but I did ask you first.

Last edited:

gigi

Mayor
Your god likes whatever people do. According to your bible, he loves all his children. Don't god's children have free will? God, being god, could stop anything he wanted to. Back when he was in the Old Testament, he murdered a whole slew of first born children, many of whom were doubtless babies, himself, so I guess he understands how his creatures would murder at will; they learned from a pretty big example - or do you think Old Testament god was different from New Testament god?
There's God and there's us, Bobby. And no He doesn't like everything we do. You just made that up.

Unfortunately, some people like to try and argue "well, God did it" so so can we. You see the evil one trying, often successfully to persuade us to assume the same sovereignty over creation that God has throughout Scripture and throughout history, and it never ends well for man when we think we are on the same level as God is.
Now, people who don't believe in God might make the argument you did. But people who claim to be Jew or Christian, like Julie, know that God has authority and wisdom and rights over creation that we don't. This makes using that argument pretty impossible for them.

You can't use the example of a God given punishment, or the evil acts of man, to support a notion that God is fine with abortion.None of the reasons proabortion people give for the necessity of abortion appear as circumstances in the stories you reference. .
But you know where those circumstances do exist in Scripture? Jesus' conception and birth, Moses birth, Isaac's birth, St. John the Baptist's birth. All allowed to be born.

I think if I were looking at Scripture to determine how God feels about abortion, I'd be looking at the circumstances He set for His own birth as man. Imagine that. A God who knows everything throughout all time is born into circumstances that exemplify the very excuses proabortion people give for the need for abortion. That's not a coincidence.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Actually, Julie, you're going to answer that question for me....when you answer the question I asked you twice now. Your dodge is pitiful. you didn't think it through. This is what happens when you take your talking points from the rcrc. They leave you with your back end hanging out in the wind, as you are now.

So, your answer???? Tell us...when we kill our children, is it okay with Jesus? That's three times now I've asked you. And here's a couple more...Does God not love us before we're born? Does He create life and if so, is it okay with Him that we destroy a life that He's created in the manner He chose to create us? the answers to these can all be found in the Bible....give us your understanding.

And by the way, Jesus doesn't talk about guns, either. But you seem to be so sure that it's hypocrisy for a Christian to own one or advocate for the right to own one. How do you reconcile that?

Oh, and here's another question. Do you believe in the Trinity? One God in three divine Persons? Or do you believe that Jesus is the antidote to God the Father?

I know, Lots of questions but I did ask you first.
I'm not interested in your questions because your premise is false. fetuses aren't children.

gigi

Mayor
I'm not interested in your questions because your premise is false. fetuses aren't children.
Dodge.

So tell us how you know Jesus is okay with killing fetuses then. Do you know God doesn't love us and have His plan for each of us before we're born? How do you know that?

The rcrc really left you hanging, didn't they? Keep searching their site. They offer no help with this one though.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Dodge.

So tell us how you know Jesus is okay with killing fetuses then. Do you know God doesn't love us and have His plan for each of us before we're born? How do you know that?

The rcrc really left you hanging, didn't they? Keep searching their site. They offer no help with this one though.
the rcrc thinks it's none of your business how women make their reproductive decisions. I agree. I have no problem with women choosing abortion.

p.s. Catholic teaching prohibits in vitro fertilization. I don't see the anti-abortion people like you calling for an end to that. why is that?

Last edited:

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Jesus didn't talk about cars either.

However, you can still murder in a car.

It's a pathetic technicality ploy you're trying to run here Julie. But, I don't expect more from you. Carry on.
if you're saying you want abortion to be considered murder legally, tell us the punishment for the crime.

gigi

Mayor
the rcrc thinks it's none of your business how women make their reproductive decisions. I agree. I have no problem with women choosing abortion.

p.s. Catholic teaching prohibits in vitro fertilization. I don't see the anti-abortion people like you calling for an end to that. why is that?
Dodge again, I see.
I didn't ask you what the rcrc thinks about abortion. I asked you if Jesus was okay with pulling a live human being God is creating out of his or her mother and destroying him or her..And you can't back up what you said.

But, I have to say,, interesting that the "religious coalition" doesn't think it's my business what happens to vulnerable defenseless unborn human beings. But they formed a coalition to tell us all what they think and how they plan to shut up dissenters! LOL!
As for invitro and protests, gotta say, nice attempt at a duck, but you fail again. Do your research about whether or not it's protested.