• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Socks on PJ

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
Isn't there some way to tell if a person is posting under more than one name? I believe there is at least one (maybe more) poster here is posting under two different names.

Caroljo

Senator
I don't know why anybody would want to do that.....too much bother! Some people just have too much time on their hands I guess. I don't know of any. So you think RE is a sock or someone else here is really him? Why? I don't see it....but no big deal to me.

Isn't there some way to tell if a person is posting under more than one name? I believe there is at least one (maybe more) poster here is posting under two different names.
No doubt there are several. Your posting style is quite like "another" poster here, in fact.

Reactions: Jen

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
There used to be a way, checking the user's IP was one. There's a way to get around that -- it's not that hard to do I don't think.
Some posters are so much alike re: their posting styles... it's hard to tell them apart sometimes.

Jen

Senator
There used to be a way, checking the user's IP was one. There's a way to get around that -- it's not that hard to do I don't think.
Some posters are so much alike re: their posting styles... it's hard to tell them apart sometimes.
There used to be ways to check. I"m sure there still are ways to check. Those ways were pretty definite. I would hope that the Admin/ mods check that sort of thing out frequently.
People who do it eventually trip themselves up right out there on the board. I would never have a sock puppet for many reasons, one of which is that I don't have the ability or desire to pull it off.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
There used to be ways to check. I"m sure there still are ways to check. Those ways were pretty definite. I would hope that the Admin/ mods check that sort of thing out frequently.
There are still ways to check and we do. Of course,there are ways to technically get around it. Anyone going to the lengths it takes to do that and maintain the deception in PJ has issues. :D

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
People who do it eventually trip themselves up right out there on the board. I would never have a sock puppet for many reasons, one of which is that I don't have the ability or desire to pull it off.
What is the penalty if you are caught using a sock puppet?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Report whom you suspect. Though don't bother with whomever you're thinking...they've been checked already. And if the really are going to those lengths...see bds post..

Reactions: Jen

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Yes, several Libs are using Socks

You posted of wanting to be a MOD and now this.........IMO, you're a Sock

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I don't know why anybody would want to do that.....too much bother! Some people just have too much time on their hands I guess. I don't know of any. So you think RE is a sock or someone else here is really him? Why? I don't see it....but no big deal to me.
IMO, the SOCKs are the ones that post of number of post you have (ME) for example get posted of that by a couple libs and they are here as much as I am, actually some more than I am and their post count is much-much lower than mine while they post of my count........hummmmmmmm.......Spamature and Nina main posters of that and I know Spamature is here MORE than I, but has much lower count............it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out SOCKS!

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I'm sure you agree Dawg could NEVER get away with it_____________and wouldn't even wish to try..........I come for the FUN