• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Ted Nugent: Obama is causing suicides....

Bugsy McGurk

President
Seriously, can anyone match Nugent's level of Obama hate?

;-)

Ted Nugent is blaming the "enemy" for veteran suicides: President Barack Obama.

“Here’s your job, Republican Party," Nugent said over the weekend in comments posted online by Right Wing Watch. "Twenty to 25 of those guys kill themselves every day, and they haven’t told you why and they haven’t told anybody else why but they told me why: because the commander-in-chief is the enemy.”

Nugent was speaking at the Republican Party of Maricopa County, Arizona's Lincoln Day Dinner, where he had been introduced by controversial sheriff Joe Arpaio, the website reported.

i blame drugs for suicides. lots of traumatized veterans have issues with alcohol abuse and drug abuse.

not having to wait 6 months for a VA appointment would be a step in the right direction

Bugsy McGurk

President
i blame drugs for suicides. lots of traumatized veterans have issues with alcohol abuse and drug abuse.

not having to wait 6 months for a VA appointment would be a step in the right direction
Nope. Allow Ted to elaborate...

At the time, Nugent said veterans were taking their own lives "because they are in absolute frustration and heartbreak that their boss, their commander-in-chief, violates the Constitution that he has made an oath to, while their hero warrior blood brothers are being blown to smithereens and blown up while executing their oath to the same Constitution that the president, the vice president and the attorney general violate."

The classic rocker has a history of controversial statements, with the president as a frequent target of his ire. Last year, he apologized after calling Obama "a subhuman mongrel." Nugent has also called Obama "an evil, dangerous man who hates America" and said in 2012 that he would "either be dead or in jail" in a year if the president was reelected.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Have to wonder why some of the repubs consider him one of their darling spokespersons...

Last edited:

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
I'd like to see Nugent jump (or pushed) out of a building while on fire.....That would be cool

Arkady

President
Seriously, can anyone match Nugent's level of Obama hate?

;-)

Ted Nugent is blaming the "enemy" for veteran suicides: President Barack Obama.

“Here’s your job, Republican Party," Nugent said over the weekend in comments posted online by Right Wing Watch. "Twenty to 25 of those guys kill themselves every day, and they haven’t told you why and they haven’t told anybody else why but they told me why: because the commander-in-chief is the enemy.”

Nugent was speaking at the Republican Party of Maricopa County, Arizona's Lincoln Day Dinner, where he had been introduced by controversial sheriff Joe Arpaio, the website reported.
I'm curious whether suicide rates for veterans have been rising or falling, relative to the general population, in recent years, controlling for demographics.

The demographic issue is a particularly tough one for analyzing this. There's a huge difference in suicide rates between men and women, and between the old and the young (the highest rates are among those 45-64 and those 85 and older), so if the veteran population is becoming older (or more female) that would be expected to change the suicide rate for them, as a group. Suicide rates are also highest among whites, and quite low among blacks, so if veteran racial mixes have changed over time, that would also be expected to change the rates. It would be possible to control for those things and get a real feel for whether we have a rising or fading problem, but I haven't seen a study like that.

I find suicide a fascinating sociological issue, because it doesn't at all follow the trend lines you'd expect from socioeconomic factors. The people you'd expect to be happier tend to kill themselves more often, while those you'd expect to be suffering don't. Suicide is virtually unknown in relative crap-holes like Syria, the Philippines, or Haiti, but is quite common in South Korea, Japan, and Belgium, which otherwise seem to have their acts together. It's fairly rare in Mississippi, which is a basket case when it comes to most sociological stats, but quite high in Vermont, which is otherwise doing pretty well, sociologically. It's common among whites, who are far wealthier, and rare among blacks, who are poorer. Common among men, and rare among women. It's almost like wealth, comfort, and power tend to make people miserable, while material hardship makes them happy. Maybe if you're pre-occuppied just trying to figure out how to feed and house your family and avoid external threats, you have less mental energy for going down the dark corridors of your mind that lead to suicidal tendencies.

There could also be geographic tendencies. It looks like the higher the latitude, the worse the suicide problem, overall. For example, lots of suicide in Alaska, Greenland, Russia, North Dakota, and Lithuania, less near the equator. That could be due to seasonal light variations messing with people's brains. Winters wind up miserable and dark, and summers end up with too much sunlight, disrupting sleep cycles, with sleep deprivation triggering depression.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I'm curious whether suicide rates for veterans have been rising or falling, relative to the general population, in recent years, controlling for demographics.

The demographic issue is a particularly tough one for analyzing this. There's a huge difference in suicide rates between men and women, and between the old and the young (the highest rates are among those 45-64 and those 85 and older), so if the veteran population is becoming older (or more female) that would be expected to change the suicide rate for them, as a group. Suicide rates are also highest among whites, and quite low among blacks, so if veteran racial mixes have changed over time, that would also be expected to change the rates. It would be possible to control for those things and get a real feel for whether we have a rising or fading problem, but I haven't seen a study like that.

I find suicide a fascinating sociological issue, because it doesn't at all follow the trend lines you'd expect from socioeconomic factors. The people you'd expect to be happier tend to kill themselves more often, while those you'd expect to be suffering don't. Suicide is virtually unknown in relative crap-holes like Syria, the Philippines, or Haiti, but is quite common in South Korea, Japan, and Belgium, which otherwise seem to have their acts together. It's fairly rare in Mississippi, which is a basket case when it comes to most sociological stats, but quite high in Vermont, which is otherwise doing pretty well, sociologically. It's common among whites, who are far wealthier, and rare among blacks, who are poorer. Common among men, and rare among women. It's almost like wealth, comfort, and power tend to make people miserable, while material hardship makes them happy. Maybe if you're pre-occuppied just trying to figure out how to feed and house your family and avoid external threats, you have less mental energy for going down the dark corridors of your mind that lead to suicidal tendencies.

There could also be geographic tendencies. It looks like the higher the latitude, the worse the suicide problem, overall. For example, lots of suicide in Alaska, Greenland, Russia, North Dakota, and Lithuania, less near the equator. That could be due to seasonal light variations messing with people's brains. Winters wind up miserable and dark, and summers end up with too much sunlight, disrupting sleep cycles, with sleep deprivation triggering depression.
All that BS has what to do with Veterans suicides???????????????????
TOPIC=Veterans Suicides
ASOT is correct, the piss poor VA Care Θ promised is the chief reason
while Θ Golfs and VA administration throw $Million dollar+ conventions and give bonuses, Veterans are killing themselves waiting for appointments.........

Arkady

President
All that BS has what to do with Veterans suicides???????????????????
TOPIC=Veterans Suicides
ASOT is correct, the piss poor VA Care Θ promised is the chief reason
while Θ Golfs and VA administration throw $Million dollar+ conventions and give bonuses, Veterans are killing themselves waiting for appointments.........
I lack any statistics to comment meaningfully on veterans suicides. If you have them, feel free to share them. In the meantime, I was widening the topic to suicides generally, since understanding the broader issue can inform a study of the narrower issue of veteran suicides.

Caroljo

Senator
Nah....Fall out (or pushed out) ....Also that Ignorant Fvck is looking pretty fat....Maybe he'll have a heart attack...soon
No surprise you're all for someone you don't agree with being killed. That's what terrorists love the most. You really are a dirt bag.

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
No surprise you're all for someone you don't agree with being killed. That's what terrorists love the most. You really are a dirt bag.
Nugent is a Loud Mouth piece of shit...If he happens to fall out of building (or gets pushed out) the world will be a better place

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
I'm speaking up for a PERSON that Sally would like to see killed. I see you have no problem with wanting someone dead if it's someone you don't like. I'm not surprised.
He's scum of the earth. And you uphold him. Says much about you. I can't understand anyone who has had a daughter or granddaughter uphold that piece of shit. Even those who don't have any kids should have enough decency to despise anyone like him. And anyone who has a family member fighting in the war should hate his hypocrisy for admitting going to the measures he did to get out of fighting and yet pretending to support the troops. He's a low life SOB and I wouldn't trust my dog around him, let alone my daughter.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Have to wonder why some of the repubs consider him one of their darling spokespersons...

I've read a lot about him and it's sickening. He's not only an ugly screecher, he admits his fetish for young girls. Makes one wonder what he has done behind closed doors that nobody knows about.

Caroljo

Senator
He's scum of the earth. And you uphold him. Says much about you. I can't understand anyone who has had a daughter or granddaughter uphold that piece of shit. Even those who don't have any kids should have enough decency to despise anyone like him. And anyone who has a family member fighting in the war should hate his hypocrisy for admitting going to the measures he did to get out of fighting and yet pretending to support the troops. He's a low life SOB and I wouldn't trust my dog around him, let alone my daughter.
I couldn't care less about Nugent....I think he's a weirdo (and yes, he's not much to look at), but unless he was convicted of a crime (I just asked you about this in another thread), then it's not up to anyone else to call him something he wasn't convicted of. What I know of him much of it is speculation.

During VN many did the same thing he did to get out of going. It was a hated war, we all know it was a waste of lives. Besides, most soldiers would rather have someone fighting next to them that WANTS to be there....much less of a risk.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
I couldn't care less about Nugent....I think he's a weirdo (and yes, he's not much to look at), but unless he was convicted of a crime (I just asked you about this in another thread), then it's not up to anyone else to call him something he wasn't convicted of. What I know of him much of it is speculation.

During VN many did the same thing he did to get out of going. It was a hated war, we all know it was a waste of lives. Besides, most soldiers would rather have someone fighting next to them that WANTS to be there....much less of a risk.
He ADMITS his fetish for young girls. My god woman....just because he's a friggen gun nut and a REPUBLICAN, you dismiss all that? His looks have nothing to do with it....although it makes me wonder how 'some people' find him easy to watch.

Caroljo

Senator
He ADMITS his fetish for young girls. My god woman....just because he's a friggen gun nut and a REPUBLICAN, you dismiss all that? His looks have nothing to do with it....although it makes me wonder how 'some people' find him easy to watch.
You called him an ugly screecher...so I assumed you had a problem with his looks too.

Again...has he EVER been convicted of being a Pedophile? Many people have 'fetishes'...some have a fetish for feet, some a fetish for hands, some probably have a fetish for earlobes! Just because someone has a fetish, doesn't mean they've acted on it. I said, he's a weirdo....but is he really a pedophile if he's never acted on it? I'm sure you do, since leftist's want to control what everyone thinks. I won't say a 17 yr old would qualify.