• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

the conduct of the GOP

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
"The conduct of the GOP during the Obama administration has been a nihilist disgrace. In 2009, Obama inherited crises on every front: an economy in terrifying free-fall, a bankrupted Treasury, an even more morally bankrupt foreign policy, and two failed wars. He deserved some measure of cooperation in that hour of extreme national peril and need. He got none. From the get-go, they were clearly prepared to destroy the country if it also meant they could destroy him.
In fact, from that first stimulus vote on, Obama faced a unanimous and relentless nullification Congress. If he favored something, they opposed it. Despite Obama’s exemplary family life, public grace and composure, and willingness to compromise, they decided to cast him as a tyrant, a radical, a traitor and an incompetent. Their demonization of a decent, pragmatic man simply disgusts me to the core. And, sorry, if you do not smell any whiff of racism in all of this, you’re a better person than I am.
more at the link……
http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/2014/07/25/why-am-i-moving-left/

Colorforms

Senator
JuliefromOhio post: 1132695 said:
"The conduct of the GOP during the Obama administration has been a nihilist disgrace. In 2009, Obama inherited crises on every front: an economy in terrifying free-fall, a bankrupted Treasury, an even more morally bankrupt foreign policy, and two failed wars. He deserved some measure of cooperation in that hour of extreme national peril and need. He got none. From the get-go, they were clearly prepared to destroy the country if it also meant they could destroy him.
In fact, from that first stimulus vote on, Obama faced a unanimous and relentless nullification Congress. If he favored something, they opposed it. Despite Obama’s exemplary family life, public grace and composure, and willingness to compromise, they decided to cast him as a tyrant, a radical, a traitor and an incompetent. Their demonization of a decent, pragmatic man simply disgusts me to the core. And, sorry, if you do not smell any whiff of racism in all of this, you’re a better person than I am.
more at the link……
Democrats told us he could fix it. Why did you lie?

The messiah himself said that election day was the day that the seas would stop rising and nations would all hold hands and sing kumbya.

If he can't do it, why did he run...twice?

talksalot

Council Member
In fact, from that first stimulus vote on, Obama faced a unanimous and relentless nullification Congress. If he favored something, they opposed it.

In 2009 both the House and Senate were controlled by Democrats and by mid-2009 the senate had a 60 vote supermajority so what are you complaining about?

Only three Republicans voted in favor of Obama's "stimulus" which was a total failure.

"The Republicans' 63-seat pickup in the House (2010) to take control of that chamber, as well as their six Senate seats gained, signified a dramatic rollback of recent Democratic gains. In the election, Republicans won their greatest number of House seats since 1946. This has been attributed to the continued economic recession, as well as President Obama's controversial stimulus and health care reform bills. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_of_Representatives_elections,_2010

After the 2010 elections, Obama said, "the people have spoken..." The GOP victory was obviously in response to the Obama Administration's string of failed policies. Voters elected those representatives for the purpose of opposing the president's agenda. The President knew that but retained the majority in the Senate so he still refuses bipartisan negotiations. Hopefully, Republicans can get a majority in the Senate this year and Obama will have to finally learn that politics is about negotiation.

In fact, from that first stimulus vote on, Obama faced a unanimous and relentless nullification Congress. If he favored something, they opposed it.

In 2009 both the House and Senate were controlled by Democrats and by mid-2009 the senate had a 60 vote supermajority so what are you complaining about?

Only three Republicans voted in favor of Obama's "stimulus" which was a total failure.

"The Republicans' 63-seat pickup in the House (2010) to take control of that chamber, as well as their six Senate seats gained, signified a dramatic rollback of recent Democratic gains. In the election, Republicans won their greatest number of House seats since 1946. This has been attributed to the continued economic recession, as well as President Obama's controversial stimulus and health care reform bills. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_of_Representatives_elections,_2010

After the 2010 elections, Obama said, "the people have spoken..." The GOP victory was obviously in response to the Obama Administration's string of failed policies. Voters elected those representatives for the purpose of opposing the president's agenda. The President knew that but retained the majority in the Senate so he still refuses bipartisan negotiations. Hopefully, Republicans can get a majority in the Senate this year and Obama will have to finally learn that politics is about negotiation.
Thank you for a well reasoned response to the clueless, bigoted diatribe of the tp.

gigi

Mayor
I read liberals' posts about Obama lately and all I can think of are two movies. One, A League of Their Own. Remember one of the players had a little boy who was a hellacious brat and no one could stand him. But his mommy never could see it. Everything was "Stillwell Angel, Stillwell Angel".
And the other is the original Omen movie and the housekeeper yelling "Damian, this is for you" just before she hung herself, and Lee Remick shocking everyone when she hisses "I have always belonged to him."

I read liberals' posts about Obama lately and all I can think of are two movies. One, A League of Their Own. Remember one of the players had a little boy who was a hellacious brat and no one could stand him. But his mommy never could see it. Everything was "Stillwell Angel, Stillwell Angel".
And the other is the original Omen movie and the housekeeper yelling "Damian, this is for you" just before she hung herself, and Lee Remick shocking everyone when she hisses "I have always belonged to him."
Well said gigi. They are pathetic, aren't they?

Zoar

Governor
Democrats told us he could fix it. Why did you lie?

The messiah himself said that election day was the day that the seas would stop rising and nations would all hold hands and sing kumbya.

If he can't do it, why did he run...twice?
That is a complete an utter mischaracterization and is simply counter factual. He said none of this that you assert he said and this messiah crap talk is disingenuous and inflammatory and only reflects badly on you. You think it makes you somehow superior or clever but it makes you look the opposite.

Zoar

Governor
It's a phenomenon worthy of study, Marvin. "Don't say anything about the president...you're a bad Christian if you do!" It's becoming a religion.
Again you have it very wrong. We say ALL you do is bash and denigrate and attack.

That is not at all the same as you can never say anything bad.

Did you get "0"s in reading comprehension??? Because you have shown yourself here on PJ to have "0" reading comprehension. You simply cannot understand gradations or shades of things. If we say you are overboard with criticism you seem to read that as we are saying no criticism is allowed. Gigi you have severe issues with this and it is beyond acceptable because it makes it impossible to have civil debate when you keep misrepresenting what others say. It is baiting people with how you consistently mischaracterize then throw it back at others with your distorted version of what people say.

gigi

Mayor
Again you have it very wrong. We say ALL you do is bash and denigrate and attack.

That is not at all the same as you can never say anything bad.

Did you get "0"s in reading comprehension??? Because you have shown yourself here on PJ to have "0" reading comprehension. You simply cannot understand gradations or shades of things. If we say you are overboard with criticism you seem to read that as we are saying no criticism is allowed. Gigi you have severe issues with this and it is beyond acceptable because it makes it impossible to have civil debate when you keep misrepresenting what others say. It is baiting people with how you consistently mischaracterize then throw it back at others with your distorted version of what people say.
I can read just fine. I didn't misrepresent what you said. But if you don't want to read what I have to say Zoar then don't read it.

Zoar

Governor
I can read just fine. I didn't misrepresent what you said. But if you don't want to read what I have to say Zoar then don't read it.
No problem! Your denial is beyond acceptability.

I do not comprehend why anyone would bait and
bait and bait and then ask to be ignored so that no one is reading their posts in a discussion forum.... However gigi you did precisely this and asked to be ignored thus so be it!

MrMike

Bless you all
Excellent comparison!

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
more from Andrew Sullivan:

"Anti-Intellectualism. I came of age when the right was bristling with new ideas and the left was pretty much exhausted. More important, the quality and civility of the conservative intellectual discourse encouraged eggheads like me to believe in a conservative future that was intelligent, reasoned and nimble. But it’s a long, long way from the heady days of Policy Review to the fulminations of the Daily Caller, a steep slope from Allan Bloom to Mark Levin, and a free-fall from the John McCain of the 1990s to the nomination of Sarah Palin as vice-presidential timber. Skepticism of a kind of liberal intellectual rationalism is one thing; scorn for the entire intellectual and academic exercise is quite another.

Zoar

Governor
"Liberals", as Right Wingers call anyone NOT uber right, have said over and over again that Obama is not perfect and there are things he does we don't agree with but the 100% oppositional, obstructionist, attacking position of Republicans / Righties is dysfunctional and bad for America.

However, beyond all believe, Righties like gigi keep repeating that Liberals are saying one can never criticize Obama!

Are Righties just baiting us? Or are they incapable of comprehensive reading?

Bo-4

Senator
more at the link……
Andrew Sullivan.. he's that gay, sane conservative right?

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
I didn't see the Omen movie, but I know I'd enjoy reading your analysis of this post:

Obama affirmative actioned his way into a job he was 100% unfit for. He made promises he couldn't keep and has told so many lies because he's a spineless creep.
It's on him...get over it