• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The GOP was warned to keep Bundy at arms length but...

fairsheet

Senator
it couldn't help itself.

So....besides being a godamned idiot, Cliven Bundy's a despicable racist. (Is anyone really all that surprised?) So.....now all those high-profile GOPs who glommed onto him in hopes of partisan advantage?....are wishing they hadn't.

I'll say it again. Republicans used to "get it" and Democrats didn't. Now, it's the opposite.

EC II

Council Member
Man Gets 49 Years To Life For Strangling Teen Girl, Raping Another
LOS ANGELES — Authorities said a man convicted of strangling a teen girl and raping another has been sentenced to 49 years to life in state prison. Damond Williams, 37, was convicted of first-degree murder, assault by means likely to produce great bodily injury, forcible rape, sodomy by use of force and forcible oral copulation in February. The judge ordered the defendant to pay restitution to the murder victim’s family. On Sept. 17, 2012, the teenage girl’s body Terrey Wright was found dumped and set on fire in Los Angeles. It was determined that the high school senior was raped and strangled before being set on fire. DNA found on the victim’s body linked Williams to her death. Officials said on June 23, 2007, Williams sexually assaulted an 18-year-old. The prosecutor said Williams stomped, raped, and sodomized the victim.

Police: Woman dragged, forced to perform sex acts at gunpoint
A man faces charges after he allegedly dragged a woman in the street and forced her at gunpoint to perform sex acts on him. According to police, Ramone Mangual, 32, attacked the victim while she was walking on West Florissant early Tuesday morning. Mangual then allegedly dragged the victim to his home one block away on East John Street. Once at his home, police said he pulled a gun on the victim and forced her to perform various sex acts. Witnesses said they heard the woman call for help. According to investigators, the victim was released after Mangual threatened to kill her if she told anybody.

Teens charged after elderly woman found beaten Easter morning
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — Daytona Beach police have arrested a teen couple after an elderly woman was found badly beaten and robbed in her home on Easter morning. Authorities said 70-year-old Bonita Vansciver has very severe injuries to her head after being struck with a rock. Markeise Favors, 18, and his girlfriend, Alexis McCray, 16, were arrested and charged in the attack. Police believe Favors hit Vansciver with the rock in order to steal her car. McCray told police he and Favors were in the Colonial Colony north community because they knew a lot of elderly people live there.

Charcat

One of the Patsy's
it couldn't help itself.

So....besides being a godamned idiot, Cliven Bundy's a despicable racist. (Is anyone really all that surprised?) So.....now all those high-profile GOPs who glommed onto him in hopes of partisan advantage?....are wishing they hadn't.

I'll say it again. Republicans used to "get it" and Democrats didn't. Now, it's the opposite.
Something about this that you can't seem to understand, FS.....I haven't seen many defending Bundy, just criticizing the way the Feds handled it. THAT is the problem. I don't see why that is so hard to understand.

EC II

Council Member
Maybe Clive is getting too much reality..........

White woman beaten, robbed after stopping to help black with broken down car
NAPOLEON, OH - A Good Samaritan got the shock of her life when she stopped to help someone in need along Route 6 just outside of Napoleon. The person she stopped to help drug her out of her car and beat her, over and over again. "I was like ‘are you guys okay?' Before I could finish the word ‘okay' he grabbed my ponytail - I had my hair up - and he said if you scream I'll hit you even harder," said Caleigh Roelfs. Roelfs, 19, still has scars and bruises on her face from the vicious attack. "He hit me in the face and threw me on the road. And he actually stepped on my chest like I was just a rug," said Roelfs. Roelfs laid here with her face pressed to the gravel as the man she pulled over to help rifled through her car. He searched for money before ripping her engagement ring right off her hand. That's when Roelfs says she closed her eyes and told herself "If I can't see you, you can't see me. Whenever I get scared I just close my eyes. I just kept saying that to myself if I can't see him. He can't see me." After the attack was over Roelfs said she laid there, too afraid to move. "You would think if you see a girl laying in the middle of the road and a dude digging through her car you'd stop and be like are you guys okay, but nobody did," said Roelfs. - (Black-on-white)

White female Rikers Island medical intern viciously assaulted by black inmate with history of attacking strangers
Joseph McRae
, 24, punched intern Stephanie Prochelli in the face in the Wednesday attack, breaking her jaw and causing numerous fractures to her face, officials said. When she reached for the office doorknob, he hit her with a right roundhouse blow to the face, sending her sprawling backward onto the cement floor. As McRae hovered over her, a guard rushed to stop the attack. Porcelli was set to go into surgery Friday at Booth Memorial Hospital in Queens. “Her injuries are actually a broken jaw and multiple facial fractures,” a source said. McRae was busted on assault charges July 30 for punching a woman in the face at Penn Station, officials said. - (Black-on-white)

fairsheet

Senator
Something about this that you can't seem to understand, FS.....I haven't seen many defending Bundy, just criticizing the way the Feds handled it. THAT is the problem. I don't see why that is so hard to understand.
I won't debate the nuance with you because I don't need to. The nuance or "facts" such as they are, are largely irrellevant. The only thing that really matters, is "perception". The perception here now, in terms of those for whom perception is relevant, will be that Bundy and the GOP are associated with one another. Even the GOP has come right out and said that it currently has a perception problem around race. Whether or not that perception is righeous or not, doesn't matter. Of the two major political parties, the GOP is the one that's perceived to be the more racist. So....it's essential for the GOP not to prove these people wrong, but to convince them that they're wrong.

So...when a GOP is in the elective position of rejecting, siding with, or ignoring a guy like Bundy...before he makes any decisions, he should make DAMN sure that Bundy isn't the sort of crackpot that would launch into a racist teevee screed.

Now everything involves some sort of a cost-benefit analysis and you seem to be suggesting that by hating on the federal "show of force" in this case, the GOP wins more than it loses by dint of his being a despicable racist.

To that I would only ask.....Really?....You really think that? Seriously.....who is impressed with the "show of force is bad" angle? I will suggest you'll impress some on the right who're drawn to any potential Obama/Democrat-hate angle but....so what? Those people are going to vote GOP anyway. And....you may impress some on the far left but....so what, as these people are never going to vote GOP anyway!

Last edited:

Charcat

One of the Patsy's
I won't debate the nuance with you because I don't need to. The nuance or "facts" such as they are, are largely irrellevant. The only thing that really matters, is "perception". The perception here now, in terms of those for whom perception is relevant, will be that Bundy and the GOP are associated with one another. Even the GOP has come right out and said that it currently has a perception problem around race. Whether or not that perception is righeous or not, doesn't matter. Of the two major political parties, the GOP is the one that's perceived to be the more racist. So....it's essential for the GOP not to prove these people wrong, but to convince them that they're wrong.

So...when a GOP is in the elective position of rejecting, siding with, or ignoring a guy like Bundy...before he makes any decisions, he should make DAMN sure that Bundy isn't the sort of crackpot that would launch into a racist teevee screed.

Now everything involves some sort of a cost-benefit analysis and you seem to be suggesting that by hating on the federal "show of force" in this case, the GOP wins more than it loses by dint of his being a despicable racist.

To that I would only ask.....Really?....You really think that? Seriously.....who is impressed with the "show of force is bad" angle? I will suggest you'll impress some on the right who're drawn to any potential Obama/Democrat-hate angle but....so what? Those people are going to vote GOP anyway. And....you may impress some on the far left but....so what, as these people are never going to vote GOP anyway!
I never looked at it either way. Naturally it has become political, but my only gripe was how the situation was handled. If the "high-level GOP" party members don't get it, then too bad, as far as I'm concerned. To me, it's just politics as usual.

Regardless of how big an ass Bundy might be, there are other people that that owe more to the government in fees or taxes than he does, and the Feds have never gone into overkill on them. Why not?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
it couldn't help itself.

Who did the warning?_____________
me thinks your making shitt up as you go and trying to same attention as Gook and Buggy.
Unless you can post WHO warned the GOP______________

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
they had to have a way to throw their RACE CARDS

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I never looked at it either way. Naturally it has become political, but my only gripe was how the situation was handled. If the "high-level GOP" party members don't get it, then too bad, as far as I'm concerned. To me, it's just politics as usual.

Regardless of how big an ass Bundy might be, there are other people that that owe more to the government in fees or taxes than he does, and the Feds have never gone into overkill on them. Why not?
Bundy sounds more like the democrats that taught blacks to pick cotton, rather than a republican.........these PJ race baiters forget it was DEMOCRATS that owned the plantations/slaves and still do.

Figjam

Mayor
it couldn't help itself.

...desperation is not a pretty thing...

fairsheet

Senator
Who did the warning?_____________
me thinks your making shitt up as you go and trying to same attention as Gook and Buggy.
Unless you can post WHO warned the GOP______________
Gimme a break. I heard lots of warnings, even right there on the Fox. Back then though, the warnings were centered on the abject silliness of his "legal" case. Some nodded at that warning but were not yet prepared to give up the potential hate angle, so they flipped to the idea that Obama Justice was "mean" to Bundy. I think that one was sorta weak all along, since the average GOP-inclined isn't usually put off by a little police meaness.

But...then Bundy shat in their faces HUGE time!

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
it couldn't help itself.

GOPers love to hate on govt and they rushed to embrace Bundy BECAUSE of his anarchist talk.
I doubt they would have cared that he was a racist fool....only that he dialed it up to 11 and made them look like idiots.

it couldn't help itself.

Which "GOPs" are you referring to, specifically? I'm asking because I didn't really see anything so brazenly stupid from the GOP as we did from Obama and Pelosi, when they publicly announced their support for OWS, even as those folks were using and selling hard drugs, vandalizing public property and raping women in their squatters' camps.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Now It Begins..."I DIDN'T DEFEND BUNDY"

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
it couldn't help itself.

What exactly was racist about what he said BE SPECIFIC WORD FOR WORD

U

Union_Jack_1972

it couldn't help itself.

Clive Bundy is the typical Western Rancher, and if you never been out west then yes he's a racist bigot to you, but From Texas to Nevada there are more like Bundy and less like you...

As for any politician hitching his or her wagon to anyone is somewhat stupid until you have all the details, and Ted Cruz has shown many times he speaks before thinking, and Sean Hannity would hitch himself to the devil if the devil would oppose Obama, wait ain't Obama the Devil or anti-Christ?

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
So you have quotes? Show them.
Charcat said:
Mr. Bundy paid grazing fees to the state of Nevada, but he refuses to pay another to BLM.
I find no evidence he pays Nevada a dime.
Craig, Apr 10, 2014 Report

So you just made that up? That he paid grazing fees to NV but refused to pay "another" to BLM? Yes...you were upholding the racist freeloading scum.
https://www.politicaljack.com/threads/tales-from-the-obama-police-state-liberal-utopia.67986/#post-1029817 post #17

Mr. Bundy is the only cattle rancher in that area that hasn't lost his ranch due to BLM. He pays grazing fees to the state of Nevada.#49
https://www.politicaljack.com/threads/another-waco-in-the-making.67980/page-3#post-1029804

(same lie / excuses, different post)

If he paid grazing fees they wouldn't have had reason to confront him. So yes, you are DEFENDING him. Why do you object with the way it was handled. He lost in court...he is in contempt of court. Why do you uphold a criminal??

fairsheet

Senator
Clive Bundy is the typical Western Rancher, and if you never been out west then yes he's a racist bigot to you, but From Texas to Nevada there are more like Bundy and less like you...

As for any politician hitching his or her wagon to anyone is somewhat stupid until you have all the details, and Ted Cruz has shown many times he speaks before thinking, and Sean Hannity would hitch himself to the devil if the devil would oppose Obama, wait ain't Obama the Devil or anti-Christ?
I imagine what you're missing is that it doesn't matter that some don't perceive Bundy to be a racist, because those people don't matter. They're going to vote GOP no matter what. The GOP's problem is all those potential younger GOPs who are just a little concerned that the GOP might be the racist party.