• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trumps Trade War Cost American Consumers

OldTrapper

Council Member
1.4 Billion dollars a month. And that was before his latest round of "winning":

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/26/ny-fed-trump-tariffs-costing-us-consumers-1point4-billion-per-month.html

• A new study finds the Trump administration’s trade policies and tariffs reduced U.S. income at a rate of $1.4 billion per month by November.
  • The Federal Reserve Bank of New York, Princeton and Columbia conservatively estimate that U.S. tariffs cost American consumers at least $6.9 billion last year.
  • “Tariffs were almost completely passed through into U.S. domestic prices, so that the entire incidence of the tariffs fell on domestic consumers,” the paper finds.

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/26/ny-fed-trump-tariffs-costing-us-consumers-1point4-billion-per-month.html

• A new study finds the Trump administration’s trade policies and tariffs reduced U.S. income at a rate of $1.4 billion per month by November.
  • The Federal Reserve Bank of New York, Princeton and Columbia conservatively estimate that U.S. tariffs cost American consumers at least $6.9 billion last year.
  • “Tariffs were almost completely passed through into U.S. domestic prices, so that the entire incidence of the tariffs fell on domestic consumers,” the paper finds.
Of course this has not been good for the economy. Trump was handed a rapidly improving economy and seems to be looking for a way to mess it up. Sad that he hates America so much, still only caring about his own (exaggerated) personal finances.

kaz

Small l libertarian

And yet you were an anti-free trader the day before Trump took office and will be again the day after he leaves. This isn't a standard for you, it's a political attack. You don't care, not at all. Get Trump, get Trump, get Trump, get Trump, get Trump, get Trump, get Trump, get Trump, get Trump, get Trump ...

kaz

Small l libertarian
Of course this has not been good for the economy. Trump was handed a rapidly improving economy and seems to be looking for a way to mess it up. Sad that he hates America so much, still only caring about his own (exaggerated) personal finances.
Angry outbursts, name calling. Did you know those are symptoms of dementia?

D

Deleted member 21794

I am against these tariffs. Tariffs don't work.

On the other hand, I also recognize that all taxes are passed on to consumers.

D

Deleted member 21794

And yet you were an anti-free trader the day before Trump took office and will be again the day after he leaves. This isn't a standard for you, it's a political attack. You don't care, not at all. Get Trump, get Trump, get Trump, get Trump, get Trump, get Trump, get Trump, get Trump, get Trump, get Trump ...
Hey, maybe they'll figure out how much high corporate taxes cost consumers as well.

Yeah right.

kaz

Small l libertarian
I am against these tariffs. Tariffs don't work.

On the other hand, I also recognize that all taxes are passed on to consumers.
Yes, and unlike OldTrapper and now_what, you and I opposed tariffs before Trump and will continue to do so after Trump. I'd welcome them to the team if they were actually pro-free trade now. But we all know they aren't. They just hate Trump

kaz

Small l libertarian
Hey, maybe they'll figure out how much high corporate taxes cost consumers as well.

Yeah right.
Yes, it's amazing that Democrats are so stupid they grasp that the cost of steel is baked into the price of products we buy and if the cost of steel goes up, so does the price of the products that use it. But they don't get that taxes are also baked into the price of products we buy and tax hikes raise prices. They're just not very smart.

All taxes are baked into the price of products we buy. That's why the Fair Tax is the ideal solution. One simple, flat tax on the true source of all taxes paid rather than 50 ways to tax the same money and all the overhead and economic efficiency disincentives that go with it

Nostra

Governor
Obama handed Trump an economy with GDP growth shrinking.

You once again demonstrate what a clueless hack you are.

D

Deleted member 21794

Yes, and unlike OldTrapper and now_what, you and I opposed tariffs before Trump and will continue to do so after Trump. I'd welcome them to the team if they were actually pro-free trade now. But we all know they aren't. They just hate Trump
That can't be. Surely @OldTrapper and @now_what will make principled stances against Obama's tariffs on Chinese products!

https://money.cnn.com/2017/01/03/news/economy/obama-china-tire-tariff/index.html

But I'm with you. I'm against tariffs regardless of which politician implements them.

D

Deleted member 21794

Obama handed Trump an economy with GDP growth shrinking.

You once again demonstrate what a clueless hack you are.
AND Trump took a stock market that was going sideways for three years and made it go BOOM!

And about those jobs that are never coming back. Apparently, Trump actually does have a magic wand.