• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Why, in the name of all that's Holy...

Bruce

Council Member
...are we not tapping into the hotspots in our nation for geothermal power?
Because big oil has so much oil that they need to bilk the american public. Who do you think owns the american GOP and probably a lot of Dems?

fairsheet

Senator
Hey...I'm all for grid. We could use it to advantage ourselves of all that remote-area aboveground thermal, as well.

NightSwimmer

Senator
Hey...I'm all for grid. We could use it to advantage ourselves of all that remote-area aboveground thermal, as well.
Seriously, many of our greener energy tech opportunities are in sparsely populated areas. It's nice to generate power, but it's gotta go somewhere.

fairsheet

Senator
We all love our conspiracy theories but....my rational guess is that at this point in time, it's cheaper and less risky - from an investment standpoint - to build a natural gas power generating plant closer to the "point of sale", than it is to build a geothermal plant that relies on the existing grid, to bring the product to market.

Money as its ways of finding its own level. If there was real money lined up behind the idea of tapping western geothermal and competing forces were conspiring to forestall them, we would've heard about it by now.