• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Bob Dole RIP

write on

Senator
Bob Dole, giant of the Senate and 1996 Republican presidential nominee, dies

Sorry to see you go Bob - you were one of the very few semi-decent republicans left.
Yes, he was as bipartisan as you can get.

But it looks like that is lost on most of today's republicans.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
A veteran who left some blood on the field and a true American patriot. Country over party. Well done good and faithful servant.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Bob Dole, giant of the Senate and 1996 Republican presidential nominee, dies

Sorry to see you go Bob - you were one of the very few semi-decent republicans left.
Wait.......hypocrite often?

Yum cookies.

I always tell the truth and the truth is that Republicans are scum. You have to be to support the people that advocate racist policies. You do not have the moral High ground. Your side wallows in the gutter.
Bob was a Republican

"end of quote"

We held a moment of silence for Bob this afternoon at meeting and he wasn't "scum"

write on

Senator
@write on @bdtex

What a shitty way to appropriate someone as kind of yours and then defile him in death. ha ha
Yeah, even though Fox News is worried that you've gone too far right wing fascist.

Is that why newsmax, el al, are becoming so popular?

God of War

Governor
Yeah, even though Fox News is worried that you've gone too far right wing fascist.

Is that why newsmax, el al, are becoming so popular?
Bob Dole was for his time. When Democrats hadn't gone globalist-communist. We are in a different world now requiring a different response to the greatest internal threat this country has ever had to deal with - Democrats.

write on

Senator
Bob Dole was for his time. When Democrats hadn't gone globalist-communist. We are in a different world now requiring a different response to the greatest internal threat this country has ever had to deal with - Democrats.
Hmm

The right wing wants to live in a perpetual 1950's life while tim3 and progress passes them by.

That's one of the main problems along with the religious right. Democrats have to wait for them to catch up to the 21st century.

God of War

Governor
Hmm

The right wing wants to live in a perpetual 1950's life while tim3 and progress passes them by.

That's one of the main problems along with the religious right. Democrats have to wait for them to catch up to the 21st century.
ha ha ha ha

@EatTheRich essentially speaks for you and his words are from the late 1800's. The idea you're ahead in the 21st century waiting on anybody is balls deep in crazy. ha ha

write on

Senator
ha ha ha ha

@EatTheRich essentially speaks for you and his words are from the late 1800's. The idea you're ahead in the 21st century waiting on anybody is balls deep in crazy. ha ha
I'm nothing in the scope of the history of Dole. And neither are you.

I'm as guilty as you, but let's stop. Let's take a step back and pay our respects without staining his legacy of bipartisanship?

Last edited:

God of War

Governor
I'm nothing in the scope of the history of Dole. And neither are you.

I'm as guilty as you, but let's stop. Let's take a step back and pay our respects without staining his legacy of bipartisanship?
Sure.

But understand that the left is done hood winking us with this one sided slippery slope of compromise. We are awake to it now. You tried to bum rush the last bit but the answer is, "hell no."

God of War

Governor
I rest my case. God of War derails the thread posted that pays respect to Senator Bob Dole to insult me.

Get a grip!
Feel free to explain exactly how you were insulted. Because the plain english of it does no such a thing.

But understand that the left is done hood winking us with this one sided slippery slope of compromise. We are awake to it now. You tried to bum rush the last bit but the answer is, "hell no."

Zam-Zam

Senator
One of the last WWII vets:

Dole served in World War II and was sent to boot camp in Texas in June 1943. The following year, he was appointed a pool officer in the 24th Replacement Depot in Italy before entering the 85th Mountain Regiment, 10th Mountain Division in 1945.

Injuries in WWII and Purple Heart Awards

In March 1945, Dole was wounded in a battle in Italy, but that wasn't the only injury he endured during the war.

On April 14, 1945, Dole was severely hurt while trying to protect his troops from enemy fire; he was shot in the upper right of his back. He was in hospitals over the next three years, going through eight surgeries and fighting off two life-threatening infections. As a result of his injuries, he never regained use of his right arm. During his political career, would carry a pen in his right hand so people wouldn't shake it.

For his service, Dole was awarded two Purple Hearts and a Bronze Star, which is given to those who displayed heroic efforts in war.

Complete text: Who was Bob Dole? His service in WWII, political career and legacy (usatoday.com)

Greatest generation, etc.

Rest In Peace