• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Down with cops. No...wait...

EatTheRich

President
i'm not proving anything. i said what i intended to say above.

corrupt cops are only a small fraction of the whole. fact.

Chauvin is a corrupt cop. he was sentenced today. not all cops are like chauvin. period.
What made Chauvin a corrupt cop? He did exactly what he was trained to do, what he had been doing for years, and what he had been rewarded and promoted for doing in the past (you know Floyd was not his first victim, right?) … from the point of view of the billionaires employing him, his only mistake was getting caught and so he became a sacrificial lamb to take the heat off the system he served well and faithfully for so many years.

EatTheRich

President
no. the law would have handled them. turning it into an all cops are bad fiasco...thats where the shitstorm came from. out both ends...
There has NEVER been any accountability for brutal or killer cops in the absence of mass uprisings against the state.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
You’re ignoring that the core principle for today’s mainstream Republicans is steadfast loyalty to Trump … anyone who deviates from Trumpism in the slightest particular is considered a “Republican in name only” and met with death threats, administrative reprisals, and (generally successful) primary challenges unless they abase themselves and do penance.

Those of us who are honest posters tend to confront, not ignore, the habitually dishonest. Watch how it’s done:

No, I’m the one who makes the analogy in response to your argument that police can’t be defending an unjust legal order because there are laws against rape and murder. You evade it with rhetorical bluster because you have no answer to my simple argument.
I think that's the case. I think mainstream Republicans have all but disappeared or are in hiding. The Republican party is overtaken almost in its entirety by crazy people, and persons detrimental to this country.

Spell peculiar and odd. Nobody said it was analogous. But your argument is simple. That's for sure so too is you're taking the Liberty to cast a distinct minority as indicative of the whole. If anything more than dismissal, and exercises in sarcastic analogy

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
About 1 in 750 cops every year are directly responsible for killing civilians. That’s a pretty large fraction. MUCH bigger, for example, than the fraction of people at BLM protests who were involved in looting, rioting, or vandalism (about 1 in 1850, very generously).
Yes I think that's about right. Now go for the fraction that are responsible for deliberately killing civilians without cause and then we'll have a discussion

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
What made Chauvin a corrupt cop? He did exactly what he was trained to do, what he had been doing for years, and what he had been rewarded and promoted for doing in the past (you know Floyd was not his first victim, right?) … from the point of view of the billionaires employing him, his only mistake was getting caught and so he became a sacrificial lamb to take the heat off the system he served well and faithfully for so many years.
No he didn't do exactly what he was trained to do. His training informed him that he should take pause where there was concern. He took neither concern or pause, because of whatever hatred he harbors. He's now going to jail for a long time.

EatTheRich

President
Yes I think that's about right. Now go for the fraction that are responsible for deliberately killing civilians without cause and then we'll have a discussion
What do you mean by “without cause”? Police have to kill civilians with arbitrary caprice in order to maintain the terror required to maintain class rule.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
What do you mean by “without cause”? Police have to kill civilians with arbitrary caprice in order to maintain the terror required to maintain class rule.
I meant police don't kill without cause in the overwhelming majority of instances where lethal force is required. Whereas, in your subsequent sentence you outline your phony position quite clearly. You have to go about illustrating yet again your penchant for faux narrative... reinforcing my earlier stated that there are contributory factors...

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
An observation from decades of seeing brutality unpunished. Feel free to furnish a counterexample.
Sure. Decades upon decades of lawful administration by police across this nation. Standing against the unlawful that would undo us.

You're welcome

EatTheRich

President
No he didn't do exactly what he was trained to do. His training informed him that he should take pause where there was concern. He took neither concern or pause, because of whatever hatred he harbors. He's now going to jail for a long time.
Prosecutors never challenged defense assertions that other than the (illegal, but taught and commonly practiced as demonstrated by the defense) chokehold, Chauvin did everything by the book. Certainly the 3 other police with him made no effort to stop him, instead doing everything to keep the public from interfering with the killing. Chauvin had killed before and was commended and promoted for it.

Wikipedia says there are 588 police on the Minneapolis force. If your claim is that the 4 cops who killed George Floyd were an aberration … the only “corrupt” cops on the force … you have to explain away that if each cop is independently assigned to a force, the probability that all 4 corrupt cops will be assigned to a given 4-person force is barely higher than 1 in 5 billion.

EatTheRich

President
I meant police don't kill without cause in the overwhelming majority of instances where lethal force is required. Whereas, in your subsequent sentence you outline your phony position quite clearly. You have to go about illustrating yet again your penchant for faux narrative... reinforcing my earlier stated that there are contributory factors...
The fact that you approve of many killings by police reflects only on your own morality. It does not make the victims any less dead. In fact, that you think it is often “required” for police to kill people reinforces my claim that the killing is systematic.

EatTheRich

President
Sure. Decades upon decades of lawful administration by police across this nation. Standing against the unlawful that would undo us.

You're welcome
Exactly my point. “Lawful administration” and murder with predictable and (compared with most countries) dismally high regularity go hand in hand. But to keep your clique (“us”) from being “undone” by the oppressed masses requires it.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Wonder how many corporations regret donating $million to BLM now

$200,000 for down with cops activist in of all places Chicago where BLDM